It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to get water if TSHF?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I don't know if I would trust that method. Doesn't sound like something I would want to have to try for sure.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I live in northern Alabama. We have a lot of underground springs here. Ask around see if your neighbors remember where any old wells are. Running water wasn't put in here out in the country until the late 1940's. You don't have to have a pump to get the water out of a well. You ever heard of a bucket and a rope?

You also might have clay. We have lots of clay here so I'm guessing you do also. Clay is one of natures great purifiers of water. If you can find an old well (the water table probably runs close to the surface. My well is only 10 ft deep) it might be what they call sweet water. The well on my property is what they call sweet water..in other words it comes out of limestone is pretty much pure.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by ignant

www.findaspring.com...
Maybe that will help some.

wow.. !! that was an awesome link ~!!

thx a bunch Star for sure~!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantazero
Do not think spring water is pure and fit to drink. Toxins and agro waste has been seeping into our ground water for a long time now. Some may be okay but why risk it. The best way to have good clean water from any source is to distill it. Hell with a still you can turn that mud puddle into the finest bottled water. Then when you have plenty of water you could cook up some shine for trade. I have seen stills the size of beer cans, so make one yourself to match your needs. Drink Up!

well.. except when the blue sign on the side of the road says ...

"Drinking Water"...........it should be 99.9% pure, if not, I'm a gonna be a very rich man if i get sick on it.. ~!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
in a temp measure, your hot water tank is full of clean water until you get a perm water source.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by georgiaboy
reply to post by The Cusp

I don't know if I would trust that method. Doesn't sound like something I would want to have to try for sure.

The 2 litre bottle in the sun method is standard practice in third world countries. I remember seeing videos of somewhere in Africa with tin roofs just covered in 2 litre bottles.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

The solar still isn't boiling anything off its all about evaporization & condensation. I dont think the glycol would end up in the water, however I don't really know. Lets poor some strait antifreeze in a cup and let it sit for a week in the window to see if any evaporates. If none does it may be used in a pinch.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by georgiaboy

I have solar distilled Jimsonweed (very nasty smelling and poisonous) to prove a point. If you keep the plant material out of the collection cup and off the plastic film there should be no taste. I have heard of the bag method but have never tried it. I would asume the foilage was touching the plastic.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Oddly enough, they seem to.

When I was a kid, I was playing around in the back yard after having watched a show on TV that featured it, and darned if it didn't work...

We found an old underground water pipe that we didn't even know existed. The downside was, I got to help dig it up so it could be repaired and put to use...that sucked.

But yes, it does seem to work, at least for some people.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

That's a very handy little link. Not completely accurate, so far as locations go, as it's very incomplete...

Useful, though.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgiaboy
I have been looking for the best to identify where fresh water springs may be located in my area(NW GA). I haven't really found a whole lot of information on this subject. I also would like to find out home to build a water purifier out of common objects. Any help with these would be greatly appreciated.
ETA: I may not have made myself clear. I know I can get water from a stream, river, or lake, but I am trying to figure out a GOOD way to locate spring or ground water that doesn't require the use of a pump.
edit on 7-2-2012 by georgiaboy because: clarification

Contact an experienced local well driller from the area that you're most interested in living. They keep logs on everything they've ever drilled... and they can usually steer you in the right direction. As far as purchasing property with wells already drilled and springs... contact a realtor. They have ALL that information. And make sure that there hasn't been any fracking done in the area. ALSO make sure that you have your water tested BEFORE purchasing... as you DO NOT want any nasty surprises.
edit on 9-2-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
look for artesian wells in your area, the water is filtered up through the ground and is potable. I am lucky enough to live on a hill side with an artesian well underneath us. And we live next to lake superior.....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

This might work for a quick drink, but I drink over a gallon of water a day. I can't see a group of people staying hydrated using this method. I'm still building a moonshine still. Then if the law breaks down and we want some sipping whiskey, it's just around the next corner.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by Epirus

Well said. If we have problems living NOW before TSHF then what happens after the fact. We can't just say 'oh well, hindsight is 20/20'. Everyone needs a gameplan, my grandparents, all 4, were prepared. Americans have always had a Fear to deal with, but I do think the fat lady is about to sing. BTW Grandma stored h2o in empty Clorox bottles. 30 of them.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join