It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"purpose" of existance?

page: 2
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by estimatedprophet
 


Dude no direct offence but the things you wrote about will make an epic comic book series but for the love of humanity don't generalize in such massive ways. I can respect your frustrations about existence but your views are very 'black and white'. Your argument is valid about people being brainwashed and ignorant but the way you explaining "sin" within the human condition I would expect to see massive orgies whilst people are being robbed and slaughtered in the streets while I take my dogs for a walk. You of all people should have a little more "faith" in the creations of your creator. Be aware more and more people by the minute are waking up to the distasteful realities we face in the confused world we are living in. Awareness is the first positive step towards change.

Respect and peace.







posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice
reply to post by estimatedprophet
 


Dude no direct offence but the things you wrote about will make an epic comic book series but for the love of humanity don't generalize in such massive ways. I can respect your frustrations about existence but your views are very 'black and white'.
You are right about that, but the time is drawing near and the people shall have to learn the truth even doe the words are written in a matter that will strike the people with great fear. Because, fear is what the governments and leaders will implore and use on the people when they eradicate peace and civil rights in their new world of totalitarianism!
Therefore, the people must overcome this fear by emotionally preparing themselves for the worst, of what I have written here and of what is written in the Holy Bible in both the old and new testaments!

Your argument is valid about people being brainwashed and ignorant but the way you explaining "sin" within the human condition I would expect to see massive orgies whilst people are being robbed and slaughtered in the streets while I take my dogs for a walk.
If you can try and understand, that the way people are being led in this world, and of the great disbelief and apostasy in this generation, and if I don't warn the people and if some are to die, and their souls go to hell after their death, I can be held accountable for their death and I to, can be thrown together along with them for not warning them, and for trying to conceal of this truth!

In reality there is no other way to put it all together and then trying to sugar coat the truth into making it sound sweet, because the reality of it all is, that the people don't like and or despise the truth because it hurts and so that is when the people become ignorant to the point where they will pay more attention, or listen to a lie, rather than the truth, because a lie can be misleading but it can sound so sweet that the majority of the people would prefer the lie over than the truth.

Therefore again, many people shall fall victim to the deception of their world leaders and government plans, because they refused to listen and prepare themselves for what is to come and happen to this world!
What I am writing here is something that is bound to happen, and some of these acts that take place, people will come to witness them, wither they want to or not and that you, will eventually see with your very own eyes!

Many people would rather listen to the good things of what they want to hear, even if they are lies, rather then to listen to the truth, because the truth hurts, but it is essential to their lives survival and preservation of eternal life, for overcoming this world. For we are all going to die, but this is a matter of faith upon the believers on the promise of their Lord.
Surely the time will come when they shall lay down their lives (Martyred) in this world, but they shall not see death, because they will overcome the world and death shall have no power over them because of their faith!

You of all people should have a little more "faith" in the creations of your creator. Be aware more and more people by the minute are waking up to the distasteful realities we face in the confused world we are living in. Awareness is the first positive step towards change.

Respect and peace.

Thank you, and my sincere condolences,

because of what is to befall us all, and I am greatly aware and also sorry, because of the bad news I have to prophecy, and sorry for all the people who will not be making it to glory and to live forever because of their hate and disbelief in the truth.

Many people will be mislead by their world leaders in accepting a cruel harsh world to live in, and then only to suffer greatly in the world before they die and then to awaken in the bowls of hell for accepting to be micro-shipped or for bowing down to idols and demons and the alliance of Satan and thereof, this false new world, in which they are going to force upon the people!

But the truth is, that the only change there will be on earth is of destruction that has been declared from the Most High, because of the people that where already given many chances, and every generation that goes by, keeps on getting worse then the one before.

Nothing is going to get any greater, but everything is just going to get worse, and all the lies that religions are telling people about the good news are just lies, there is no good news, because when God comes and threads upon the earth, the land and the heavens shall quake from His supreme presents and the earth shall shake and all inhabitants in the land shall tremble because of His great presents, and the land shall burn before He puts an end to all and establishes His throne on the earth to live forever with His people!



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by estimatedprophet
 


Once again dear sir I am worried about your fatalistic outlook on life. You seem to carry allot of resentment about our destiny as an whole. Your argument concerning the use of fear to spread the truth through your gospel is both paradoxical and condescending to people.

Paradoxical because you mention how the controlling powers use fear to keep the masses subdued and passive from taking charge, yet your message of impending doom (fear tactic) towards mankind is the solution.

Condescending because you seem to think your mindset is superior due to your knowledge and you speak on behalf of roughly translated scriptures that should not be taken as the literal truth.

In fact what make you so sure the "controlling powers" have not altered the books you seem to find the very truth from to keep people in the "sin bin" through out life.

Surely you can recognise that this view you hold onto seems to be some sort of self fulfilling prophecy and no matter what humanity does (even repent) your vengeful God will come and destroy this beautiful planet he created because it is set in stone.

Please do not take me wrong I cannot deny the existence of a grand designer, putting human characteristics towards the idea is some what flawed because for our primitive minds to even begin to comprehend how such a being thinks or functions is about as absurd as trying to make an mathematical equation for the exact amount of water in the ocean.

I would like to end this discussion with the intent of convincing you to look at things from multiple perspectives before you make your mind up about our future. Religion divides us spirituality unites us. Search for the beauty of life it is all around us, all we need to do is take our focus off all the problems to find solutions.

The greatest thing about Jesus Christ was that he was not a Christian spreading religion but a humanitarian spreading brotherhood.

I wish you the very best toward your journey of self discovery.



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just a few thought on the topic

Everything has a purpose and everyone has a purpose.
There is a reason for everything
Not to merely to exist but to take part - ones own part or role in the Cosmic theatre or grand design or whatever you choose to name it.
No one can tell you what your purpose is
Only you can tell you what your purpose is
If you believe you are merely a body you inhabit then you miss so much in living your life.
What do you need to fulfill your purpose on Earth?
You need nought that you have not already got.
Each of us has an higher Intelligence available to us
It is your best friend your guide your inner voice.
Have you noticed your self repeating the same patterns - patterns of thought.
You are the observer of your thoughts you can change these patterns if you wish
You in reality are far more poweful than you may imagine
Not power as in brutal force but power tempered with care or love
In reality you have access to true inspiration
There are no tricks no bowing to illusory gods
Intention is everything - your attitude of mind is key to unlock the wonder of who you truly are
Yet used for self gain or power or prestige you will fall flat on your face
I have a brocken nose to prove it

Be who you know you truly are inside live it be it and enjoy for life is a great adventure and the time we live in is so so special
edit on 8-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I always thought it was when we get finished destroying this planet ,
we move on to the next, I think they have already found the perfect candidate ,
and its only 22 light years away ,and about triple the size of this one woo hoo!

edit on 8-2-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
I always thought it was when we get finished destroying this planet ,
we move on to the next, I think they have already found the perfect candidate ,
and its only 22 light years away ,and about triple the size of this one woo hoo!

edit on 8-2-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)


Your talking non sense Man - Get a grip - I am sure the majority of people do not want to destroy this planet.
You think Hmanity would be allowed to go through the Cosmos destroying all in it's wake - It does not work like that you nut



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxine1969
 


There is not one purpose to life. We all have our own puroses. Most of us on ATS, however, most likely have similar purposes.



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxine1969
 



If there is an ultimate purpose to it all, why are we not all going in the same direction?


We are all going in the same direction.... every last one of us...

Straight to the grave...

Thank God the spirit does not die


edit on 8-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Our purpose is to live for /unto the Lord.

The Word says it is our duty -so take that as our purpose for being here.
We are to be ambassadors for Christ Jesus..to share the gospel with mankind and humbly submit our lives to Him, God, the Father, by and through the Son - Jesus Christ Himself.

Planting seeds, the rest is up to Him.
Hope you find His purpose Your purpose.



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Just a few thought on the topic

Everything has a purpose and everyone has a purpose.
There is a reason for everything
Not to merely to exist but to take part - ones own part or role in the Cosmic theatre or grand design or whatever you choose to name it.
No one can tell you what your purpose is
Only you can tell you what your purpose is
If you believe you are merely a body you inhabit then you miss so much in living your life.
What do you need to fulfill your purpose on Earth?
You need nought that you have not already got.
Each of us has an higher Intelligence available to us
It is your best friend your guide your inner voice.
Have you noticed your self repeating the same patterns - patterns of thought.
You are the observer of your thoughts you can change these patterns if you wish
You in reality are far more poweful than you may imagine
Not power as in brutal force but power tempered with care or love
In reality you have access to true inspiration
There are no tricks no bowing to illusory gods
Intention is everything - your attitude of mind is key to unlock the wonder of who you truly are
Yet used for self gain or power or prestige you will fall flat on your face
I have a brocken nose to prove it

Be who you know you truly are inside live it be it and enjoy for life is a great adventure and the time we live in is so so special
edit on 8-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo


Well said. I myself have fallen flat on my face and still wear the tee shirt with the blood stains, metaphorically speaking of course.



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice
 


Yes it is a bloody business this earthly existence
Metaphorically speaking



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Purpose of life is to work hard to make just enough money to pay your bills. Then have some kids so they can work too. If you happen to have a momentary lapse of reality where you see something that throws your entirely granted life and sense of existence into question, just shrug and carry on.

Or at least that is what the conformists do. Kinda like ants.



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Purpose of life is to work hard to make just enough money to pay your bills. Then have some kids so they can work too. If you happen to have a momentary lapse of reality where you see something that throws your entirely granted life and sense of existence into question, just shrug and carry on.

Or at least that is what the conformists do. Kinda like ants.


Yes but ants are smarter than people - they dont have utility bills
There again they dont have X Factor or Superbowl



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Purpose of life is to work hard to make just enough money to pay your bills. Then have some kids so they can work too. If you happen to have a momentary lapse of reality where you see something that throws your entirely granted life and sense of existence into question, just shrug and carry on.

Or at least that is what the conformists do. Kinda like ants.


Yes but ants are smarter than people - they dont have utility bills
There again they dont have X Factor or Superbowl


You're right. Ants are, in fact, smarter than people. Their monarchic society is much more efficient, protective and expansive. On top of that, the average ant is six times stronger in relation to the average man. If ants were any larger, even the size of a mouse, then they would be more dominant than us.

But talking about ants is relevant to the point of this thread too. Usually, our perception of life is only viewed in the sense of what is relevant to us. However, there has to be some universal purpose to life that all animals, big or small, share. If we could receive that very answer from the animals, then life would be very different indeed.

Imagine communicating a plan with animals and plants to colonize another planet. First we would ask the trees to help us oxygenate the air from CO2 atmosphere, and then get the animals to form the rest of the ecosystem. It's too bad that we are in perpetual war with them.



posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Purpose of life is to work hard to make just enough money to pay your bills. Then have some kids so they can work too. If you happen to have a momentary lapse of reality where you see something that throws your entirely granted life and sense of existence into question, just shrug and carry on.

Or at least that is what the conformists do. Kinda like ants.


Yes but ants are smarter than people - they dont have utility bills
There again they dont have X Factor or Superbowl


You're right. Ants are, in fact, smarter than people. Their monarchic society is much more efficient, protective and expansive. On top of that, the average ant is six times stronger in relation to the average man. If ants were any larger, even the size of a mouse, then they would be more dominant than us.

But talking about ants is relevant to the point of this thread too. Usually, our perception of life is only viewed in the sense of what is relevant to us. However, there has to be some universal purpose to life that all animals, big or small, share. If we could receive that very answer from the animals, then life would be very different indeed.

Imagine communicating a plan with animals and plants to colonize another planet. First we would ask the trees to help us oxygenate the air from CO2 atmosphere, and then get the animals to form the rest of the ecosystem. It's too bad that we are in perpetual war with them.


I agree - Animals insects mostly do not have to question what their purpose is. Animals insects set us an example of how to live without destroying our environment and thiers also. I think we do have a purpose yet mostly we do not follow what our purpose is because we are indoctrinated to believe in false ideas. We have choice but choose to believe that what matters is materialistic gain. We are all human beings yet we are divided by many false things. The Earth is our Mother - she feeds us fills our souls with her beauty yet we are like spoiled children She the Earth desreves better and deserves our understanding and care.



posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
in my eyes, it is evolution.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Yes, I could not agree more.

Nature is the only true guide to life. We either flow with it, or against it. I have heard the winds in the forest, and then I have heard the racket of the city. There is no comparison as to which is more harmonious.

And they say that nature is "Satan's church"



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Yes, I could not agree more.

Nature is the only true guide to life. We either flow with it, or against it. I have heard the winds in the forest, and then I have heard the racket of the city. There is no comparison as to which is more harmonious.

And they say that nature is "Satan's church"


That is a good comparison between forest and city
I think nature was labeld Satan's Church by Religions that wanted to crush and demonise older belief systems.
Early Eygpt the Celts Native Americans etc all held Nature as sacred - gods to them were observations of nature and natural law. Religions such as later Christianity made Pan type figures into devils - The Devil was described as horned with cloven hoofs for example half goat half man - Goats are amazing creatures of course.



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Yes indeed, old religions based their gods off of the very things that were beyond their power, such as Amun-Ra was the Sun and Anubis was Death. The religions that persist even today worship things that don't even exist and are thus fully under the control of religious leadership- essentially, religious leaders use the concept of God as control techniques for the masses who follow them, while they themselves know that it is nothing but a scam.

You know what really frustrates me? As far back as 2000BC, to around 1300AD, humans knew that the world was round and were fairly advanced. Then organized religion took over science, and rebuilt the maps to not be based on geography, but rather the direction of religion. Example:



Even worse than this, organized religion cracked down on any "scientific" talk about reality, hence why progressive thinkers like Galileo were repressed. It wasn't until Washington sailed the seas that we magically re-discovered that the world wasn't flat (but maybe this was only because the new world was perfect for pillaging).



posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by artistpoet
 


Yes indeed, old religions based their gods off of the very things that were beyond their power, such as Amun-Ra was the Sun and Anubis was Death. The religions that persist even today worship things that don't even exist and are thus fully under the control of religious leadership- essentially, religious leaders use the concept of God as control techniques for the masses who follow them, while they themselves know that it is nothing but a scam.

You know what really frustrates me? As far back as 2000BC, to around 1300AD, humans knew that the world was round and were fairly advanced. Then organized religion took over science, and rebuilt the maps to not be based on geography, but rather the direction of religion. Example:



Even worse than this, organized religion cracked down on any "scientific" talk about reality, hence why progressive thinkers like Galileo were repressed. It wasn't until Washington sailed the seas that we magically re-discovered that the world wasn't flat (but maybe this was only because the new world was perfect for pillaging).


The priesthood of Amun are notorious for their corruption - They worshiped stone statues - Yet in original Egyptian philosophy the gods were not Gods as we think of them today but represented natural laws and human archetypes - It was a deep philosophy in that it contained knowledge of the Cosmos etc.
Religion takes truth and twists it as a means of control - Creating traditions of Mumbo Jumbo rituals instead of doing what the original meaning of church or temple was - a place of real learning about real things.
I think what you say is true they the elite ones of religion know full well that they fool others and keep all knowledge supressed and for their themselves for their own prestige and power.
Akhenaten the so called Heretic Paroah 3,500 years ago knew full well the Earth was round and wanted to share all secret knowledge with his people - He closed down the Temples and sent the priests home - He was a nature lover, poet, a realist who sought to understood the Cosmos better through science and not the magic ritual of Amun priests
Of course the priests plotted and eventually crushed this new movement and tried to erase his name from history as though he had never existed - History today still is full of lies .



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join