It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"purpose" of existance?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

That's quite the story about Egyptian history. I think Jesus, too, pursued a true spiritual invocation that threatened the hegemony of the religious and political leaders of his time, and was executed for it. And even today, people blindly worship the Jesus taught to them by the church, but not the actual man or his own ideals. Such false worship is possible generations after the fact, when the followers have no ability to actually remember the truth and so they rely on a specific hegemony to provide them with the answers.

I was never really a fan of organized religion. I was brought to sunday worships a few times as a kid but even at that young age, I could not grasp the follower-leader mentality of it.

Spirituality is one third of our entire existence, the other two being mind and body... though I do see the mind as being a state in between body and spirit. For all of the physical space that I have traversed, I have always found my mind to be infinitely more expansive. To understand our spirit is truly the quest of life, because it is something only realized in those short, yet profound moments that occasionally occur where we act on instinct without even having to think. I would partake on this journey alone, than to be a sheep doctrined by the shepard.

This is why I have chosen the left-handed path (the "goat" (left) vs "sheep" (right); ironically also applies to politics). It is lonely and my insights are my own, but the final destination is the same.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think the body and mind are servants of the spirit or soul. Yet personally I fall way short of the mark.
Yet yes sometimes sychronisty and things just falling into place and leaving that feeling we all know yet hard to describe occurs without having to strive or plan it.
I love the company of certain animals because they calm me into a place of just being. I suppose harmony could be a description of that. I like people mostly yet cherish my own space so to speak - People myself included can be pre occupied with their issus or obstacles and some of these are more apparent to an outside observer - It can be overwhelming and mentally tiring and one can lose oneself in the world so to speak.
I find being alone does not neccesarily make me lonely - My lonliness stems from being out of touch with my spirit or soul. of course you can be lonely in a crowd if non understands you and that can be very difficult.
We each have our own way and paths do cross - Like minds can be so stimulating and fun even.
I believe deep inside we all want to be loved for who we are and I believe we are loved in soul or spirit.
So many say they love yet it is what they want from another that they love.
A true friend will tell you if they feel you are wrong and attempt to assist you - Yet many people dislike some one who is straight talking for it implies looking honestly at one's self
I am always most contented and happy when I love all, warts and all and can be light hearted.
Sorry to ramble - just my thoughts triggered by what you wrote.

edit on 12-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo theres prob more

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

No problem at all. Insight into oneself is totally relevant to what this thread is about.

<< 1  2   >>

join