It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Food practices.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone had any weird food practices? Meaning, do you mix certain things like sauces or spreads with other foods? Or do you cook it a certain way with a certain ingredient or ingredients? Anything weird and out of the ordinary. So no Peanut butter and Jelly. Anything else goes.

After all, at some point some weirdo decided to dip an artichoke leaf into a bowl of Mayonaise and clearly discovered a masterpiece.

I will start with how I love A-1 sauce on my fried eggs. If you like A-1 sauce, try it because it's great. Just as good on your potatoes as well. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I have so many I cant even remember them all..

Everyone seems to think me putting maple syrup on bacon is weird until they try it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I love a fried egg (sunny side up) in the middle of white rice, covered in ketchup. I don't know why it all together tastes great but I mix it and it looks like a pink and yellow mess, but its delicious

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator

No you're not at all. I love syrup on my bacon or sausage and now you took one of mine. Turned my wife onto it years ago. Nice one though. No maple flavored sausage though, it's gotta be fresh maple syrup. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Wow, now that's a good one. I love ketchup, but never on my rice. I know folks who like sugar on their white rice, but I never got that one. Some ranch dressing on steamed sushi white rice with some grilled terriyaki chicken is great though. Some salad on the side with the crunch adds to it. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Dipping pizza into a big glob of mayonaise.
Good combo.
Balsamic vinegar in tuna mayonaise.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Yeah I know some people that put italian dressing on their rice, to add flavor to ordinary white rice, its quite good.

I also like english muffins with tuna, and crunchy peanut butter
Tuna has to have everything including onions, and the peanut butter put on the muffin right out of the oven, so its kind of warm.

And tomatoes and sugar, just cut it in half and dip in sugar.

Now if you really want to get on the wild side try that
Till this day no one will try it! Wussies

S&F

Peace, NRE.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

One of Elvis' favorites.

FRIED PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICH
* 2 tablespoons peanut butter (preferably smooth)
* 2 slices white sandwich bread
* 1 small ripe banana, mashed with a fork (about 1/4 cup)
* 2 tablespoons butter

Spread peanut butter evenly on 1 slice of bread, then spread mashed banana on other slice, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edge. Close sandwich, gently pressing bread slices together.

Heat butter in an 8- to 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then fry sandwich, turning over once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes total.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I love mayonaise enough to try that crazy idea.
I will say this, worcestershire sauce on a tuna sandwich is bliss. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Man, Peanut butter on a tuna sandwhich? Are you messing with my mind? I mean, I love both. Maybe a Tai like tuna sandwiich? Ok, I see what you're saying here. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Yes, I heard about this sandwich during a documentry on Elvis's life. Being a big fan and all. Apparently it comes from the Islands of Hawaii. BJ Penn the Hawaiin UFC fighter had this recipe on his website a few years back (or close to it). Good one bro. ~SheopleNation

edit on 6-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is not that weird, but still weird. I put kraft Miracle whip on one half of my sandwhich, and Best foods Mayonaise on the other. Usually some butter first on one side, then the meat and any produce. I then top the meat and produce with hot russian mustard (beaver brand) along with a few squirts of Huy Fong Sriracha hot chili sauce (the best chili sauce in the world).You will never have a better home made sandwich, no matter what meat that's on it. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I love toast with cheez whiz and grape jelly (welches) preferably , I've been eating it since I can remember ! I'm 48 now ! Perfect comfort food !

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That sounds Amazing !! I love fried boloney sandwiches , I just can't decide which is better , miracle whip or real mayonnaise ???

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

That's just it my friend, throughout my life neither could I. That's why I buy both because both are good with certain meats. Real Mayo is the best on a burger, but sometimes Miracle whip is better on a Sandwich. I like both though. Miracle whip is more oil based, where Mayo is more egg white baised. both have Egg whites and Oil though. Miracle whip being more sweet. I like real Mayo with baloney though. That's just me. ~SheopleNation

edit on 6-2-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
I love toast with cheez whiz and grape jelly (welches) preferably , I've been eating it since I can remember ! I'm 48 now ! Perfect comfort food !

That's a new one. Love both welches grape and cheese whiz though. Welches grape is great when slow cooking meatballs, just for the record. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
On another note, yet not weird other than here in modern America. Yellow Curry powder in almost any kind of soup or stew will only make it 50 times better. The Indians know their spices. This is thousands of years of cooking with spices knowledge.
~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You're definitely right ! Real mayo with the boloney unless there's cheese slices involved then it's a tough call !! Another one that's good is miracle whip , ketchup and relish its either big Mac sauce or thousand island dressing !

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Toasted or grilled cheese with blackberry jam. Yum! Got the idea from a monte carlo sandwich which is ham, turkey, cheese, dipped in batter, fried and served with raspberry jam.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Yeah, You're correct. A-1 on a burger is good as well. Not really weird anymore though. I am telling you though, get some hot russian mustard (Beaver brand), and put it on any sandwich. As long as you like mustard and a tiny bit of spice, it's one of the best spreads along with Mayo or miracle whip. Love Jalepenos on my hotdogs as well. Trader joes hot dogs are the best. Or Hebrew nationals. No preservatives. ~SheopleNation

<<   2  3 >>

join