It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Food practices.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bdmay25

Yeah ok buddy, but you clearly stalked me to a thread of mine that is from the past, and you maliciously have bad intentions. Which makes you a hypocrite. You are obviously out to start trouble here. I have tried to reason with you. If you do not care, then so be it. Best wishes then and good luck. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Hollie
Watermelon sprinkled with cayenne pepper and lemon. It's amazing.

THis is very good. Add in a little Tamarind.

Watermelon is a fave of mine. Things I do to it:

- Cut into 2" cubes and scorch all 6 sides with a burner. Conversely, you can use butter in a skillet. If you like brown butter, turn the heat up a bit. Itll brown a bit by the time the melon is scorched

- I get a black Hawaiin Sea Salt from Das Peach Haus in Fredericksburg, TX. A few small sprinkles of that on watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew is amazing

- balsamic reduction. Especially on the scorched melon. Just pour a bottle of balsamic vinegar into a pot ans simmer, reducing it by at least 60% (i like to make mine very thick, where it is gooey)

- Toss a bit of olive oil, kalamata olives, 2" watermelon cubes, feta cheese, shaved red onions, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Season with sea salt and white pepper to taste

THis isn't an "odd" thing....but it is my #1 steak trick. Soften some butter, and mix in pureed/paste garlic. You can make it easy by putting some salt on a crushed clove, then smash and rub with the flat of the knife until it is a paste. When your steak is almost done, put a couple tablsepoons of this garlic butter on it and let it melt. It is the worlds best "steak sauce".

But to share something that is "odd"....

....avocado and over easy egg sandwich. Use toasted white bread, and plan to eat it with a fork and a napkin.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Bfft, that sounds great. I love sea salt on any melon, especially Papaya or cantaloupe myself. I can't wait to try your recipe. That steak sauce makes my mouth water.

Oh and the avocado fried egg sandwich, already have done it, only I put A-1 sauce and use sour doe or rye bread. A little habanero hot sauce too for those who like it spicy.

If you like mayo, I mix it with some of that habanero or chipotle sauce and put that on the sandwich as well. Great ideas my friend, thank you. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

SheopleNation

Bfft, that sounds great. I love sea salt on any melon, especially Papaya or cantaloupe myself. I can't wait to try your recipe. That steak sauce makes my mouth water.

Oh and the avocado fried egg sandwich, already have done it, only I put A-1 sauce and use sour doe or rye bread. A little habanero hot sauce too for those who like it spicy.

If you like mayo, I mix it with some of that habanero or chipotle sauce and put that on the sandwich as well. Great ideas my friend, thank you. ~$heopleNation

Aioli. Look up how to make it. You can cheat by starting with Mayo (i do....it is safer to leave out).

I typically use lime juice and adobo sauce (that sauce that is in the can of Chipotle peppers) in my aioli.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Sounds good. Yeah I Iove garlic Aioli. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I rarely have real cream sitting around so for creamer in coffee I use almost anything. Like Chaga tea, coaco, almond milk, soya milk, coffee mate, but there's rarely ever real cream in my fridge. It lasts like a week. i just think that's dumb so I don't buy it.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

spartacus699
I rarely have real cream sitting around so for creamer in coffee I use almost anything. Like Chaga tea, coaco, almond milk, soya milk, coffee mate, but there's rarely ever real cream in my fridge. It lasts like a week. i just think that's dumb so I don't buy it.

We eat low carb. We go through about a gallon, maybe 2 gallons of heavy cream a week at home. In my office fridge i go through about a quart a week.

At home we use it for cheese sauces. Since milk has 11g/carbs per cup, cream is a fraction of that. And the cheese sauce is a million times better than using milk and roux.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

A can of whipped cream, the kind that sprays, works good too. That stuff lasts awhile. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I love strawberry jam on onion bagels. Sounds gross but is delish... other than that I am really not that adventurous mixing my foods. Except for gravy. I think everything is better with gravy (or bacon), but I'm Canadian - by law we have to put gravy and bacon on everything!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

Well then I now know that a lot of what I have ever heard about Canada is false thus far! I mean, They love gravy and bacon? I love gravy and bacon, I love them already!

Then add Obama the lunatic into the mix here at home, which leaves me no choice whatsoever but to immediately call a moving truck and head north.
~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I sandwich EVERYTHING.

Mac and cheese? Sandwich. Spaghetti? SANDWICH THAT BIOTCH! Even Cup O' Noodles (probably my weirdest). This may sound gross, but sometimes I even use peanut butter and jelly.

I put artichoke hearts on a lot of stuff. Pizza, sandwiches, hot dogs...

I like syrup on meat. Even cold cuts. Not a ton of it, but I like the sweetness with other flavors. Try it on a hamburger. Noms.

I like to crunch up tortilla chips and sprinkle them on enchiladas.

Went on a ride along with a cop and he took me to his house for lunch and taught me this. Take a tortilla, put on sandwich meat, put string cheese in the middle, pop on some mustard or whatever, roll it up and have deliciousness to go. I just saw a packaged version of this in the store and laughed.

Salt on Melon (not as fancy as our friend BigFatFurryTexan).

Jack in the Box. Order 2 tacos, put one (or both) in between the nom buns of a Sourdough Jack.

When you go to Taco Bell (I always forget everyone on ATS is too good for fast food) ask them if they have any crazy combinations you should try. I can't remember what the one guy made for me, but it was INSANELY good. I was ordering something and the he was like 'Duuuuuude. You should let me make you a eofinweoiNOCN! Sooo much better'. I talked to him about it and apparently most places have experimented and have good ideas.

Tartar sauce goes with everything. Fried chicken.

Mine aren't that weird, but try some if you haven't.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Toasted peanutbutter and cheddar cheese sandwich...never met a person who heard of it.

One of my favorites,melted cheddar on apple pie....yummy.

Kraft dinner and cream of mushroom soup,for dessert

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Look, if i was in a taco bell kitchen, and it was not busy (meaning i was bored), you can bet I would try every combination of meat, sour cream, cheese, and tortilla known to man.

We once, while at a convenience store deli, wrapped a burger in a tortilla and deep fried it. The cheese was both inside the bun and outside the bun. Woulda been better with bacon, but with ranch dressing.....i'd pay $2.50 for it.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Not bad, I love peanut butter and cheddar. I'll have to try the cheddar on apple pie. Cheese does go well with apples in salads. Cream of mushroom you can use in so many dishes. The golden Mushroom makes a great gravy for mashed potatoes.

Ok, how about pickled jalapenos in potato salad? So simple, but so good. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join