It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 'Honest Rape' Makes Emergency Contraception OK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Straight from the man who has tried (four times) to put through a "life begins at conception" bill we now hear that contraception (the 'morning after' pill) is 'okay' in the case of 'honest rape.'

(are the rest of you women going "Honest RAPE??" like I was? That brings all sorts of disturbing angles to the debate -- including "what is DIShonest rape?" I assume he means a false charge of rape -- but he doesn't define how he's going to test for that. Any woman who's ever sat through questioning about a rape (and then had the guy say "Hey, she said we could have sex!") is likely to feel indignant at the idea that she can get the "morning after pill" or an early abortion ONLY if the guy says it's rape.)

(yes, really. News report and quotes here)

He waffles all over the answer, saying that if you can't chemically prove (via a hormone test, guys) that you're pregnant, a precautionary abortion (morning after pill and so forth) is okay. I suppose that this is because the questioner said specifically "your daughters" and "your granddaughters" and he probably didn't want to face the snarls of outrage from his family if he said "no way, no how." What's even more bizarre is that the fertilized egg has (in the very bills he promoted) been deemed a person. Under his current (rather unclear, and wobbling all over the place) version, a proactive abortion up to about 6 weeks pregnancy would be allowed (that's about the earliest it can be detected (or at least it was the last time I got pregnant.))

And yet, "no way, no how" has been his consistent platform -- at least, before Piers Morgan asked him that question.

It wasn't a trap set specifically for Ron Paul -- he's asked the other candidates who are against abortion this same question. Nor did Morgan pursure it farther than just those questions. However, that's not going to endear him to the 'life begins at conception' camp, some of whom were in his corner.

Yes, I know this isn't a 'game changer' for folks here. Perhaps in this case you should be grateful that the media is not playing up his gaffes the way they do Gingrich's or Romney's.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ah...here we go....

Someone has finally called bull. Unfortunately, someone called bull on a bulls**t point.

Seriously. Could you pick a weaker point to call it on? You give a very weak argument for your point...

Try harder, "Soccer Mom".

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What's wrong with the morning-after pill? Are we going to ban condoms next because "life begins with semen"?

And why would you want unprepared unmarried couples reproducing?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
(are the rest of you women going "Honest RAPE??" like I was? )

YES.
that's really strange. Maybe the guy had some girl he boinked as a youth say 'rape' when she really was a willing participant with him or something. Some young girls say they were when they are embarrassed that they got caught by parents or whatever .... dunno. But it IS a strange thing to say.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
well if the big deal is population control. then let the population control it self....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

I think it's was called 'Honest Rape' for lack of better words.

Honest Rape - When the crime actually happen, someone is really raped
Dishonest Rape - When a lie is told about a rape to enact revenge or another such motive

I work in an environment with young kids - boy or girl has a crush on teacher and the teacher is professional about it and tells the kid that it's inappropriate and the kid gets upset make up a story that the teacher touched them. Teacher loses his job and goes to jail innocent.

I've seen it happen both ways so I can understand both side, children need to be protected but so do adults from being falsely accused.

edit on 6-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Honest rape = Legitimately raped. If this was the case the woman needs to do their due diligence. That means, file a police report, go to the hospital, then at that time if it has been determined they were raped then they could get the "pill" or whatever it is. I'm ok with this but I don't know all the details on women being raped. I know there are certain signs they can see if a woman has been raped but I don't know what they are or how hard it is for a hospital to see that.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Regardless, this is one of the most idiotic things to call him on. Are we really going to wait until now to call him out? and pick this point to call him out ON?

Seriously. Pick your fights, people.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Is it just me but doesn't the term "Honest Rape" just make you LOL. What an absurd grouping of two words

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Regardless, this is one of the most idiotic things to call him on. Are we really going to wait until now to call him out? and pick this point to call him out ON?

Seriously. Pick your fights, people.

I know, soon it will be the crazy old racist rapist Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
www.google.com... i=FzowT5reMbLZiQK4h9ysAw&usg=AFQjCNG5raQdu_xv26nDCUzDcyC4MlKggQ&cad=rja

Trying to steamroll Ron? Sighhh... There's a difference between coitus and conception. Conception happens several days after the act, honest or dishonest. Men and Women need to be more responsible as there are many types of contraception available to prevent dishonest pregnancies. (notice how I said pregnancies, not rape)
Women base their decision to get pregnant by their suitor's financial means these days, (rich guy lottery syndrome) . Then they break the news to their lover and if it doesn't sit well with their partner, they can always opt to abort. That's my take on this. A woman's ungovernable biological need to have their xerox copy of themselves is not overshadowed by common sense and sound judgement so therefore they don't feel as bad when they abort their unborn children. It's not about rape because the potential consequence is easily dealt with by the morning after pill. It's about a murderous choice without feeling guilt... that somehow gets tied into politics as a defining factor to not vote for a strong presidential candidate, like Paul.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

This just shows me that he hasn't really thought out his position on forcing women to carry babies they don't want.

Ron Paul is the same as everyone else. He wants the freedoms he wants and doesn't want people to have freedoms he disagrees with. He's no different than anyone else.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

pro-choice ftw! i dont think it should be anybodys buisness what women do with whatever "blood clots" growing

inside of them, now if he was pro abortion after the 2nd trimester for everyone, not just rape victims thats kinda

wrong but who cares if women take birth control honestly ppl... its nobodys buisness but their own

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I dunno what's wrong with people. Too bad I'm not american 'cuz I'd vote for Dr. Paul. He's the only one that has stood up for those people and they keep trying to drown him. He's the only one that's been consistant in his ideas for what 30+ years? C'mon people wake up.
edit on 6-2-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Starchild23

I dunno what's wrong with people. Too bad I'm not american 'cuz I'd vote for Dr. Paul. He's the only one that has stood up for you people those people and they keep trying to drown him. He's the only one that's been consistant in his ideas for what 30+ years? C'mon people wake up.

Being consistant is not a good thing when so many of the ideas are bad. You want him? You take him. We do not.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
as i have stated before on here don't matter what he thinks states make the rules if he's elected, easy to stay on top of your government if they in your state. the people can choose state to state how they want to handle these situations. i just cant wait till we have drug states, church states, prostitution states. our vacations will be planned around what are guilty pleasures are. we could always call in santorum he thinks rape victims should be happy and excepting of their gift from god. so how would you even convict a rapist then? i was giving her a gift from god! its from god she had to take it. its funny we argue over these trivial things while in the big picture the banks are the cause of our economy falling to crap, meanwhile romney's biggest supporters are the banks. but your right lets rag on ron paul for saying its okay to murder a fetus if some arse force's him self on you.

besides all that isn't that why cedar point still has the cork screw?
edit on 6-2-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: add a zinger

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
What's wrong with the morning-after pill? Are we going to ban condoms next because "life begins with semen"?

And why would you want unprepared unmarried couples reproducing?

Actually, that is exactly what my nun teacher told us in catholic school
every sperm is sacred

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

if thats the case my laundry basket is the holy grail!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Gonna side with the pro-paul folks on here though (sorta).

Paul's personal views are beside the point. He is very pro-life, but will keep the country pro-choice. it is ultimately not the feds responsibility, and the law is already established.
So, his personal positions on this are just that..personal and not platform. He catches flak about not paying lip service of -pretending- he would try to get abortions illegal, which the rest pretend (and have been pretending since RvW). He simply doesn't pretend he would try to change it.

social neocons require someone to lie to them...even if they know they are being lied to.

Now, as far as his views are concerned...in a way, I agree with the premise...get it done asap..don't wait half a year, then decide you don't want one. the sooner the better. I think his "honest rape" thing was a big gaff and will take away the focus of his stance. Paul needs to drop the act of impressing the christian conservatives by trying to make a difference between rape, bad decisions, or just a whoops moment and stick to the get rid of it quickly within the first few days verses drag it out and let the fetus start forming into a baby.

my opinion however is if its done within the first 2 months...its a replicating blob...after that, your really pushing it as its central nervous system starts to develop..thereby arguably starting the process of sensations once complete.

but the morning after pill is ultimately the better solution...or frankly, the dozen other methods of birth control (bring back the coil)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join