It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Smart Phone Apps Take Control of YOUR Data and Phone!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive

If you don't know, all you have to do is ask.

It's simple: certain applications request those rights in order to function. Some apps request more rights than others. What you mentioned is not typical. Most apps do not need to have those privileges.

Take the time to get to know your phone, how it works, and what these things mean instead of posting ridiculous threads like this. It's been going on, and it's here to stay. Your option is to use it or not.

There are far worse things to be concerned about than an app that ASKS to use these features. What about the ones you don't know about? It's the internet...any communication can be intercepted today if need be. I remember reading an article that stated one of our former elected officials completely removed the battery from his phone. I have a feeling it wasn't to save power.

Take the battery out, if it concerns you so much. But, please. This is a ridiculous thread. You might as well have been overreacting at the thought of a device that has a speakerphone /external mic that could pick ups sounds in the room it's in. Oh wait... OH NO!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead

Originally posted by weavty1
Oh and no, Cyanogenmod does not remove the 'Google Experience' or interface... It's simply a more customizable 'skin' that is layered on top of the Android OS that came on your phone from the factory... Think of it as a 'Pimp My Ride' for your Android phone, minus the ghetto spinners and fuzzy upholstery. It just offers more customization of your device, but if you don't know what you're doing (or in your case presumably, aren't too familiar with the Android platform), you'll end up doing more harm, than good.

I would kinda disagree with you there. Cyanogenmod just lets you customize the handset a hell of a lot more. It is the launcher on your handset that gives it that 'pimp my skin' kind of thing(that rhymed).

It is the launcher that allows the homescreen, app draw and theme looks. Cyangenmod allows overscrolling tweaks and other such things.

....? That's what I just said...........

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Customize the way it runs not the look.

You were not clear on that.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Cyanogen is a must.

I have it on my evo and am using it now.

You will never remove the the Google out of an android device.

I agree some of the permissions are suspect.

Just block the ones you don't like.

Search the market for an app called "permissions"
You need to be rooted.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't be.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thanks for cleaning things up, Mods

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM