It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizzare Star

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well, before I begin, I'll tell you exactly where I was looking...towards Sirius the "star."
I was outside having a cigarette(the only drug, besides my usual amount of caffeine, I was taking, mind you), and I looked up at Sirius. All of a sudden, i thought I saw it move. Now I was looking up over my house, so I had a good way to compare it to a closer location; it's pretty difficult to tell if something's moving if you don't have something to compare it to. I thought to myself, maybe I had just moved a little bit, and that's what made it appear to move.
So I decided to stand perfectly still. I spread my legs a bit and held my balance, standing as still as possible.
What did I see? It moved left to right. It moved significantly. And it also changed colors like many people have seen it do. I saw red clear as day. Now, I was a little weirded(?) out at this point. But then I thought I had my answer. It appeared to move closer(not like right above my head or anything, it just appeared to be moving closer, sort of like a plane). oh, I have my answer. I was wrong, it must be a plane, it has a red light, and it's moving closer, it has to be a plane! Well after a few more minutes of watching, nothing. It went back to its normal position and color.
This happened an hour and a half ago. Northern Illinois.

Now I know there's going to be a bunch of people coming in saying oh it's normal for stars to change color. It happens all of the time. They are supposed to twinkle.... I've read quite a few threads on this subject...and the shill comments are all the same. That's normal. Stars change color all of the time.
What I saw wasn't a star twinkling. I watch stars often...they do not change color like I saw. And I'd love to see how the shills explain how a star can move when you're perfectly still. Too many people are seeing this...I'm not alone. Just search "Strange Star" in ATS search...

I'm not going to begin to theorize on what I saw. I have no idea. I mean, it's clearly not a star. If it's a spaceship, who knows how long it's been there? What's going on?
This post has to sound so freakin crazy. But please, can you go look up and check it out at tomorrow night. And please, don't take posters words for it, check for yourself. There's going to be a ton of shills in here.
spend a good 15 minutes watching it. Tell me what you see.

I tried to take a video of it, but not only did it stop moving/changing colors at that point, but my camera isn't good enough and it didn't show up. lol I made some comments while filming. Maybe I'll post it to youtube tomorrow or monday(I'll probably be pretty busy tomorrow), if I can figure out how to, never have before. At least you'll be able to hear my reaction from right after it happened.

So 3 things I'd like from people responding: a reason how a star can appear to move side to side(NOT people saying its normal for stars to change colors), personal experiences of other people's viewings of this "star," and theories for what could possibly be going on. I don't want to theorize yet, but I'd love to hear your theories.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I will take a stab at it. It very well could be light aberration caused by a thermal condition close to you.
Is it possible that there was a heat source near you, like looking through an exhaust plume from a chimney near you in the line of sight? What do you see on the near horizon that would have been close to you as you observed the phenomenon?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Swamp gas! Venus! Venus viewed through swamp gas! Weather balloon! Rush Limbaugh on a jetpack!

I've seen the same thing. I just found a few short videos and a few stills in an old folder on my desktop a few days ago. Maybe we can compare.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I'll admit, it's a decent stab. But nothing of the sorts was in the line of view, nor anywhere nearby.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

lol thanks for making me laugh.
I'd love to see what you captured on film. It's still very vivid in my mind, and probably will be for some time.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Bed time for me. I'm going to be pretty busy tomorrow, but I'll try to check back on this as often as I can.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

There are a lot of "Strange Stars" about,i just told my husband the other day:"Its getting so bad, all i can be sure of anymore,is Sirius and the Three Sisters"..Well,at the risk of people AGAIN pointing out that i seem to have an awful lotta strange experiences (this is not new,btw,i did mention it under the thread I saw a Star moving") here goes:I was outside one evening when,quite low in the sky,i saw this big bright orange "Star"..i looked at it,trying to figure out what the heck it could be,and as i walked closer,it started moving away-in a backwards arc-type movement.But it came back,and the next time,it would go bright and dim..i then took a flashlight and made the symbol for Infinity,which seemed to me a pretty universal symbol..and as i did this,it dimmed to almost nothing..i made the sign again,at which it brightened..and so we fell into a routine of saying hi! to each other in this way..its been witnessed by now,by both my daughters and my husband..it always comes back,tho it stays away for weeks at a time,then it may return 3 times in one week,for instance,no pattern.Whatever it is,ive grown awfuly fond of it,and my heart leaps with joy every time it returns..Also,there are lots of strange moving stars around here,me+my family see them all the time,its gotten to be normal,for us..also ones flashing,beautiful colors sometimes,ive even seen a lovely bright pink.These are not satellites,even my kids know what sats look like,after all.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've been looking at Sirius lately too. I haven't seen it move, but I have noticed that it's extra bright, and very visibly twinkling bright reds, blue, and white.

I don't think I've ever seen it so twinkly, it used to just look big. Now it twinkles through the colours so much I could see why it would look like it's moving.

Although, maybe there is something else out there....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Because Illinois is known to be a hot spot for UFOs and there are reals cases, it could be one, But considering the lots of bases around, it could have been some military aircraft

Originally posted by snowspirit
I've been looking at Sirius lately too. I haven't seen it move, but I have noticed that it's extra bright, and very visibly twinkling bright reds, blue, and white.

I don't think I've ever seen it so twinkly, it used to just look big. Now it twinkles through the colours so much I could see why it would look like it's moving.

Although, maybe there is something else out there....

Sirius is a binary star so it could be caused by the illumination of the Sirius B that we don't see with a naked eye and that of A. Or simply because stars twinkling shows other space objects revolving around the star. Other than Sirius B no planetary system has been found, Idk what's with the Reptilians from Sirius system.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

So 3 things I'd like from people responding: a reason how a star can appear to move side to side(NOT people saying its normal for stars to change colors), personal experiences of other people's viewings of this "star," and theories for what could possibly be going on. I don't want to theorize yet, but I'd love to hear your theories.

The reason the star appeared to move is due to a phenomenon called Autokinesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's a problem associated with binocular vision while looking at a point of light with no apparent reference point in the background (ie a black sky). Your brain gets confused because motion perception is relative to a stationary reference point. Therefore you can't tell if the point of light is moving or not, which in turn after a few seconds gives the illusion of movement while your brain compensates.

In my experience it makes stars look like they shift quickly to the left/right/up/down.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by Ghost375

There are a lot of "Strange Stars" about,i just told my husband the other day:"Its getting so bad, all i can be sure of anymore,is Sirius and the Three Sisters"..Well,at the risk of people AGAIN pointing out that i seem to have an awful lotta strange experiences (this is not new,btw,i did mention it under the thread I saw a Star moving") here goes:I was outside one evening when,quite low in the sky,i saw this big bright orange "Star"..i looked at it,trying to figure out what the heck it could be,and as i walked closer,it started moving away-in a backwards arc-type movement.But it came back,and the next time,it would go bright and dim..i then took a flashlight and made the symbol for Infinity,which seemed to me a pretty universal symbol..and as i did this,it dimmed to almost nothing..i made the sign again,at which it brightened..and so we fell into a routine of saying hi! to each other in this way..its been witnessed by now,by both my daughters and my husband..it always comes back,tho it stays away for weeks at a time,then it may return 3 times in one week,for instance,no pattern.Whatever it is,ive grown awfuly fond of it,and my heart leaps with joy every time it returns..Also,there are lots of strange moving stars around here,me+my family see them all the time,its gotten to be normal,for us..also ones flashing,beautiful colors sometimes,ive even seen a lovely bright pink.These are not satellites,even my kids know what sats look like,after all.

Thank you for sharing! That's just the kind of story I was hoping to hear.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

The reason the star appeared to move is due to a phenomenon called Autokinesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's a problem associated with binocular vision while looking at a point of light with no apparent reference point in the background (ie a black sky). Your brain gets confused because motion perception is relative to a stationary reference point. Therefore you can't tell if the point of light is moving or not, which in turn after a few seconds gives the illusion of movement while your brain compensates.

In my experience it makes stars look like they shift quickly to the left/right/up/down.

lol good try shill. I have a degree in Psychology.
I clearly state I was using a reference point in the first paragraph.
It was a good try though. star for trying.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have seen many stars twinkle. I used to think that it was something abnormal, but I soon realized that it wasn't that special.

Other than just looking at Sirius can you give any more information. I'll boot up the Stelarium and go outside and look.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xieon
I have seen many stars twinkle. I used to think that it was something abnormal, but I soon realized that it wasn't that special.

Other than just looking at Sirius can you give any more information. I'll boot up the Stelarium and go outside and look.

at first it just moved left to right. Then it turned red at the top, and remained white at the bottom. It really looked like an airplane, and like I said in the OP, it then appeared to be moving closer. I thought for sure it was a plane, but then it went back to where it was in the beginning.

I've seen a lot of stars twinkle, this was bizarre. Never seen anything like it, and I watch the stars often.

I also saw this spike like pattern....you can see what I'm talking about on the wiki page for Sirius. It's in the picture with this caption:

A Chandra X-ray Observatory image of the Sirius star system, where the spike-like pattern is due to the support structure for the transmission grating.

I know that stars can change colors...but this star was doing things I've never seen. Changing colors, making that spike shape, and to top it off it moved. I watch the stars A LOT.
I've never seen anything like it, except 4 years ago on (Censored By the loving folks at ATS). and even that doesn't compare to last night.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Maybe you could use that degree to examine why some people feel the need to use a derogatory and meaningless term like "shill" against anyone who dares to merely offer an explanation they don't agree with.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Maybe(I don't think so, but let's think hypothetically) this is normal,in the sense that it's happened before....
nonetheless. It seems to be a bad omen.

Sirius rises late in the dark, liquid sky On summer nights, star of stars, Orion's Dog they call it, brightest Of all, but an evil portent, bringing heat And fevers to suffering humanity

If you read another thread of mine, I was told that there wouldn't be enough food this summer....
Warmest winter ever recorded+omen of heat=massive drought this summer.

This is assuming it's just a star. I don't believe so. I honestly believe something's going on that would blow all of our minds.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Maybe you could use that degree to examine why some people feel the need to use a derogatory and meaningless term like "shill" against anyone who dares to merely offer an explanation they don't agree with.

I don't....I'm only using that term for people who post something I already explained. As you can see, I didn't call the first person that. He offered a unique suggestion. This is how I responded to the first person who responded to me in the negative, who actually bothered reading my post,
"I'll admit, it's a decent stab. But nothing of the sorts was in the line of view, nor anywhere nearby."

What that person suggested, I had explained in the first paragraph.

I forgot to add: I saw a ton of "shill" comments on similar threads. They aren't welcome here. I will call them out. Helpful suggestions are appreciated of course.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I seen something like that this morning.I get up at 4 am to go to work and I have a cup of coffee and a cigarette outside before I go. I usually look up at the sky to gaze at the stars,but this morning i was looking at this one particular star and it moved.I have an electrical wire running from the house to the shed and one minute it had moved from one side to the other.The wire is very taught between the two buildings,so it didn`t move.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

I don't....I'm only using that term for people who post something I already explained. As you can see, I didn't call the first person that. He offered a unique suggestion.

What that person suggested, I had explained in the first paragraph.

You shouldn't use that term at all if you are truly interested in an intelligent discussion rather than name calling and ad hom attacks. The term "shill" as used on forums like this is an accusation that someone is being paid by conspirators to belittle the true believers.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Is it intelligent to disregard what someone says in the opening paragraph?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join