It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizzare Star

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by DelMarvel

Is it intelligent to disregard what someone says in the opening paragraph?

What does that have to do with you using the term "shill"? Other than you trying to create a new definition for the term to justify your use of it.

Once again, in case you didn't know, the term "shill" is used on forums like this to accuse someone of being paid to disrupt discussions. Of course I suppose it's more or less degenerated into a generic epithet like "motherf***r."

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

reply to post by DelMarvel

Once again, in case you didn't know, the term "shill" is used on forums like this to accuse someone of being paid to disrupt discussions.

I do know. And I laid out some ground rules to prevent real shills from distracting people. If some people get caught in the ground fire, so to speak, I'm sorry. But I'm not going to allow what happened in other threads to happen here. There are a TON of people seeing bizarre sights in the skies. If people have legitimate responses, I'm happy to listen. But if people are going to resort to the same "shill"-like comments, and disregard what actually happened, I'm going to call them out on it.

I want people to look for themselves, I don't want them to believe me(until they actually see for themselves), and I sure don't want them to be fooled by all of the real shills, and people who won't look for themselves but would rather repeat the same lines over and over.

I've seen how threads like this get derailed quickly. It's not happening here. That's why I laid out some ground rules. It's not because I want to stifle dissent, i'm really open to disagreement. Heck, I starred the guy that I called a shill.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Less of the shill thanks. Problem is stars don't move quickly relative to observers here on Earth, unless they can cover vast distances in seconds? Doesn't happen.

So whatever you saw was down to atmospheric effects, optical illusion or you weren't looking at a star at all, which opens up more interesting possibilities.

I wasn't trying to derail your thread with my last comment. Just trying to offer up an explanation, that's all.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I don't have an explanation for you. I used to watch the night sky all the time with a friend.... We have seen some amazing things back in the late 80's.

Most of what we seen could be planes, meteors, or what have you.

I know for a fact that stars that are not supposed to move, will move, change colors, get closer, and go back to where they were. I've seen it with my own eyes. I've seen it happen many times.

Needless to say, I do not watch the stars much any more because I can not explain or understand what I have seen. This is the late 80's and early 90's mind you that I witnessed these things MANY times. I would look right now except winter on the coast of B.C. canada right now is a giant cloud cover that goes on for months. No point.

I believe you buddy! I've seen it. I hope you can film it one day.

and to the "shills"......you will never understand, because you are to busy trying not to understand!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It might have been an air plain or a shooting star.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ya, I think I know what your talking about, its way bigger than the other stars its near and way brighter. I think its a monolith man, can't yu just imagine that thing broadcasting straight into your dome?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So 3 things I'd like from people responding: a reason how a star can appear to move side to side(NOT people saying its normal for stars to change colors), personal experiences of other people's viewings of this "star," and theories for what could possibly be going on. I don't want to theorize yet, but I'd love to hear your theories.

1-its a binary star system and you cannot focus to see the 2 or more stars interacting causing the movements you see.

2-I have sen a star or atars and made threads about them SPICA seems to be the main 1 I would see of the many

3-its spacecraft bound for EA*RTH and certain can see them move why others cannot even notice them

TO observe I tend to slow my breathing find something in the near sky stationary and stand by it. FOcus on the interest and move near stationary thing. If I locate it between 2 tree brancres and it moves out die them to me its moving. I have been told about how the eyes see things moving like optical illusions ect. But from what I see they move. I even tried to keep a scientific outlook and say maybe the EA*RTH is moving or wobbling and is causing the movements (still studying that idea)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

about a week ago i was over at my friends house watching moves and goofing around, it was almost 10:00, so i said my goodbyes and we both walked out together. when i went to get into my truck there was a star, and it was flashing like no star i've ever seen before. red, white, green, blue, purple. i called my friend out, and we ended up spending the next few hours with a telescope going around to different dark areas to get a look at it, and a few other stars doing the same thing.

i've seen it happen several more times, but the only recorder i have is on my phone which is complete crap if you try and record a star. anyways, the star always ends up disappearing well before it should go below the horizon.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

1-its a binary star system and you cannot focus to see the 2 or more stars interacting causing the movements you see.

this doesn't make sense. stars are so far away their movements aren't detectable with the human eye.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

this doesn't make sense. stars are so far away their movements aren't detectable with the human eye.

Ive been told this before.... not sure how true it is its also said the human eye cannot stare at the sun/SOL yet I do it almost everyday, just sayen.

edit on 5/3/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

the farther away something gets, the more slowly it seems to move. jets are a perfect example of this, cruising at over 500 mph, yet way up in the sky they seem to progress slowly.

now, envision that small dot in the sky being a hundred thousand times bigger than the earth, hundreds of light years away. simply impossible.

and yes, you can stare at the sun, but doing so for more than a few seconds begins to cause cell damage.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I believe you completely. Stars are pretty mysterious now to me, never saw stars changed colors like what we saw either. We stargaze alot and what happened, with what I thought was Venus, becuase that is the biggest star in the sky in the same area. It didn't move, but it vanished when I said I knew it was a ufo. Why I said that dont know it was like this jaunty humorous feeling sprang out of me and the words tumbled out, and it vanished. Then it came back, (this was just a few days ago), and I said to my son, it vanished when I called it a ufo, instantly gone again.

So a short while later when it came back that time or another it was a wonderful solid, not twinkling, jewel cobalt blue like this:

Only think jewel translucency like a stained glass window, it was beautiful and my son was shocked. It vanished and came back again like that. THen it finally came back normal acting like it was just a star.

I was really shocked myself, my son was shocked, and its changed how I view stars and planets. Already saw this world as a prop, kind of a 3d board game with Family looking in and holographic universe, sun was a construct, mirror crystal planet, but it is theory, just didn't expect to see that occur in any way.

I'm glad you actuall saw that, even if others don't understand that no, this isn't normal, and its never happened before, some of us do.

Good thread. Starred and flagged.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Some people on ate think sirus is a ship but I don't know yet I'm going to have to look through my telescope later and see how it works out

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
With all due respect, most of the posters in this thread would do well by just joining a local astronomy club.
Just about everything in this thread can be answered by people who look at stars and planets on a continual basis.
Flame me if you will, but I am pretty much burn proof.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Most likely Sirius, what with its flickering nature, combined with a level of autokinesis. Any kind of cloud cover could play a part in fooling the observer into thinking it was moving as well.

As you say, easy resolved if people familiarize themselves with astronomy. The astronomy club is a good idea.
edit on 7/5/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join