It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA'S HYPOCRISY Regarding Nukes, WOMDs, Democrazy, Terrorism: Psychology & Examples?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
LOL i know its a strech but to add, i just find that so ironic and so PARALLEL with the way at least American government operates, too on whole. ie, terrorists being the anti-terror coalition, cia drug mafia fighting drug wars, war on WOMDs only to drop 200 tons of radiological equivalent of several NUCLEAR bombs on afghanistan and iraq.... my question is why are people, like that, beyond Freud's theory of . they are the opposite of what they represent.... so much...but WHY???

Heres are 3 main examples I can think of, please add other if you feel the same way to some extent, thanks:

Against Nuclear weapons, but is the ONLY one to have used them as such against another country.

Against WOMDS, yet dropped the most in history on dozens of countries (Laos, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Iraq)

Against Terrorism, yet has terrorized dozens of countries in its mere 200ish years of existence already...

Oh and not presented as an example but 9/11 is mention-worthy to say da least, aint it? Pretty much sums it up

And heres the simple theory:

Sigmund Freud theorized that persons often have the most hateful and negative attitudes towards things they secretly crave

Our country being a military incorporation, is not a natural person but a "person" nevertheless and if Freud is right, then perhaps the world leader/nation who most expressedly, apparently and opposed to all these may have particularly strong urges and indulgences for the very things it so obsessively appears to stand against?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

You just went from creating a thread about gay-terrorists and linking it to Freud's theories on human behavior, to one with very similar content but now titled: AMERICA'S HYPOCRISY blah-blah-blah...

Please deactivate your ATS account immediately...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You raise a fair point.

And I have to say, psychology ODES play a fair role, as I have stated in my frequently repeated theory regarding our animal instincts.

If someone has or represents something we want, and we can't get it, our jealousy compels us to be negative toward that someone.
edit on CSaturdaypm191933f33America/Chicago04 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
And so I figured the first reply to my post would also involve Freudian theory of how the mind works, well at work, indeed.

Freud, freaking genius!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

We need more power to the people for sure.

We feel powerless, not heard, they (the politicans) always do what we don't want.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

freud isn't really en vogue today...you cannot generalize this theory in such a manner....(besides he mostly refered to sexual driven wants)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

thats why i call it a

PARALLEL

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Your theory doesn't have all the facts,the protagonists are not national bodies hence any opinion from accepted literature or science are not encompassing the conspiracy of the people who ACTUALLY run things.Given history has been rewritten since I have been alive so thats no help. Outside elements own advanced science.Real science say Tesla has been taken out of the pictureWhat would Freud say about Monarch or remote viewing?
As to Americas terrorism that can be equated with the pursuit of more money and power.The President doesn't have that .He's gone in 8 years max.What theory can be determined when things are run by narcissistic sociopaths?
That is the most effective model regarding history, the ONLY logical choice and it is being shown to be true again and again.
To believe otherwise is delusional and intended.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Its not my theory

and again, if the theory applies to one human,

it applies to a group of humans and bigger picture, the whole darn world as far as the reasoning in the head of HYPOCRITES wether an individual hypocrite or a nation hypocrite like USA

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

You do realize that power will corrupt the people as well?

Who's to say that some nutters with guns won't use this power to create havoc?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Name me a government, and I'll show you hypocrisy..

Not trying to piss on your parade here, as I agree with you on each point pretty much.. just pointing out the problem of hypocrisy isn't just in America.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Considering America is the only country in the world who is destroying their arsenal meanwhile everyone else is building more and modernizing them.

Hypocrisy not so much stupidity and we have a winner.

Watch the news and see the reduction to only a few hundred left.

new topics

top topics

join