It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous reveals Haditha massacre emails | RT

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm suprised this thread isn't getting more attention.

It's these kind of stories that make it hard to believe ANON is a government funded op. They drudge up very negative emotions about the US because of the alleged situation that occured.

I'm not really sure what happened, myself, although it wouldn't be the first time a bunch of innocent people got shot up and it was swept under the rug.
edit on 5-2-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Drezden

Yet anon doesnt bother to follow the laws they are demanding others be held to. Again how does that make them credible? Its literally them getting pissed because they didn't get what they wanted and decide to break the very laws they demand be followed.

They have every right to not agree with the outcome of that mess however they dont have a right to break the law because of that.

Please, tell me what Anonymous could do within the law that would help anything? The government REFUSES transparency, and fights disclosure sought through the freedom of information act with a lot of tax payer money in legal fees..etc..

Our government has such a significant amount of corruption that we cannot influence it or have it cooperate.. or even follow the law. You go ahead and try to get the information anonymous and wikileaks gets through a legal means.. you will never get it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What is the basis of your statement that he "got away with murder"? Was it info from the enemy's propaganda machine that led you to believe it was murder and not a terrible mistake that qualified for "dereliction of duty"?

His career is slowly being terminated for the Marine who was given a cut in pay, reduced rank, and a few months in military prison. The odds of him getting another promotion are quite slim. Therefore, he will not be allowed to reenlist before qualifying for retirement. With a court martial conviction (which most states equate with a felony) he may probably has lost his voting rights and there are many jobs that he will not be able to even apply for.

He won't forget this the rest of his life.
edit on 5-2-2012 by CharlesMartel because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

The enemies propaganda machine? What kind of wacky reality do you reside in? If you're referring to RT, then you should know just about every new source has covered the Haditha massacre, I just happened to use RT as a source but I could have easily used NPR, AP, Reuters, FOX, CNN, BBC, well you get the idea. What do you consider American MSM, friendly propaganda?

As far as the Frank's punishment, this will look bad on his evaluation but he can still reenlist and still make rank and when he does finally separate from the Marines he will prolly get a General or Other than Honorable discharge (hell, in time maybe he'll get an Honorable Discharge), and with those types of discharges he'll be just fine in the civilian world. Rarely has any job wanted to see my DD214 to make sure I wasn't Dishonorably Discharged. This type of punishment I used to see happen all the time when I was in the USN, except the crime wasn't murder but DWI and alcohol related incidents. My command at the time had a lot of fresh 18 y/o recruits and in Spain they can legally drink, so trouble ensued.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Snoopy1978

Uhm because unlike some countries the US has a civilian leadership and not military, which is why the UCMJ doesn't apply to members of Congress.

So the argument you just gave does not hold water.

LOL he made a funny !

Your "civilians" are puppets for the military.

But I wouldn't expect you to realise that, it's fairly obvious you're part of the herd.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Anonymous' gutting of Puckett & Faraj, the firm that defended the Marines behind the Haditha Killing, might have been more than a major embarrassment. The hack attack might have killed the group entirely.

gizmodo.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

So anon is pissed that the law didn't find all of the soldiers guilty. So Anon, who wants the law followed, not only broke the law, but tainted any future legal proceedings by hacking, accessing and posting privileged legal info between client and lawyer.

pot, meet kettle

Actually, Anon is doing your job for you. You know, since cops are bought and paid for these days. So you should be thanking them.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You guys need to understand that its not what you think, its what can be proven in a court of law / military court martial.

And you need to start thinking to understand what, exactly, that means. It means that the courts are corruptable. Just like in this case. Carry on, go taze some innocents please.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join