It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous reveals Haditha massacre emails | RT

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If you're not familiar with the Haditha massacre check out my thread here. In a nut shell, a squad of Marines were accused of murdering 24 Iraqi civilians, including women, children, and the handicapped, while they were in their homes. After years of trial and tribulation only one Marine was left to prosecute, the others were exonerated, and he very recently was given no jail time but instead received a punishment fit for a sailor who had too good of a time while in port.

So Anon being Anon recently hacked into the lawyers (Pucket Farai, site no worky yet) of said Marine, Staff Sergeant Frank Wuterich. Anon has found emails and posted them online (I guess Pastebin) to expose whatever it is they can expose. The law can't bring those 24 innocent people justice but Anon can try, for whatever it's worth.

Anonymous reveals Haditha massacre emails

rt.com...

Anonymous have unveiled their second major release for this week’s installment of #FBIFriday. Their target this time around is Frank Wuterich, the US Marine that admitted to killing Iraqi civilians — and received no jail time for his crime.

Early Friday afternoon, members of the loose-knit online collective Anonymous began circulating news that the website for Puckett and Faraj, the high-profile attorneys that represented Sgt. Frank Wuterich in his recent trial, had been hacked. Wuterich admitted to leading Marines into two civilian homes in Haditha, Iraq in 2005, massacring 24 civilians including women, children and an elderly man confined to a wheelchair.

In response, hacktivists with Anonymous have uncovered gigabytes worth of correspondence from Sgt. Wuterich’s attorneys and affiliated parties.

Anon makes some really good points, like Bradley Manning facing life in prison while Frank Wuterich gets a slap on the wrist.

“As part of our ongoing efforts to expose the corruption of the court systems and the brutality of US imperialism, we want to bring attention to USMC SSgt Frank Wuterich who along with his squad murdered dozens of unarmed civilians during the Iraqi Occupation,” reads a message now on the homepage of his attorney’s website. “Can you believe this scumbag had his charges reduced to involuntary manslaughter and got away with only a pay cut?”

“Meanwhile,” adds the Anonymous-penned message, “Bradley Manning who was brave enough to risk his life and freedom to expose the truth about government corruption is threatened with life imprisonment.”

“When justice cannot be found within the confines of their crooked court systems, we must seek revenge on the streets and on the internet – and dealing out swift retaliation is something we are particularly good at. Worry not comrades, it's time to deliver some epic ownage.”

In addition to defacing the website of his attorneys, nearly 3 gigabytes of email correspondence belonging to his attorneys have been leaked online.

“And to add a few layers of icing to this delicious caek, we got the usual boatloads of embarrassing personal information. How do you think the world will react when they find out Neal Puckett and his marine buddies have been making crude jokes about the incident where marines have been caught on video pissing on dead bodies in Afghanistan? Or that he regularly corresponds with and receives funding from former marine Don Greenlaw who runs the racist blog snooper.wordpress.com... We believe it is time to release all of their private information and court evidence to the world and conduct a People's trial of our own,” writes Anonymous

Anon's Twitter page

Anonymous Leaks Huge Cache of Emails From Iraq War Crimes Case

gawker.com...

Anonymous promises the emails contain "detailed records, transcripts, testimony, trial evidence, and legal defense donation records" about the Haditha case, and other cases Puckett Faraj handles.

The emails should be posted to the Pirate Bay soon. Judging by our quick glance of an advanced archive posted to a website on the TOR anonymizing network, they definitely stole emails from Pucket Faraj. In one thread, Neal Puckett accepts congratulations from a friend on January 25th for securing plea deal. "Thanks, Ginny!" he writes "We were all over the TV and Internet. Google me!"

Puckett could not be immediately reached for comment; when we called a few minutes ago he was in a meeting and the receptionist had no idea the firm had been hacked.

edit on 4-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's reading things like this that gives me a bit of hope for humanity. This is the true way of the future for those of humanity that wish to see us survive our own depravity. Showing the truth in our crooked government, crooked courts, and the true merits of men who have committed atrocities.

It is small now but it's growth is exponential, the collective human consciousness being formed from the internet is having very unintended consequences that frighten every regime on the planet, because this consciousness contains the true human tendency towards justice and altruism that defies nations, states, borders and creeds.

If people keep waking up and keep fighting what can be built from the collective acceptance of responsibility to all we will have finally learned to unchain humanity from any limits that have ever been imposed on it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Anon makes some really good points, like Bradley Manning facing life in prison while Frank Wuterich gets a slap on the wrist.

Absolutely. I find it disgusting that some twisted murderer killing civilians for "sport" get's off with nothing but a pay cut. While other's such as manning who are 'allegedly' exposing these kinds of twisted murder's by releasing documents.

We have to ask, what is justice? The answer is irrelevant, because it clearly does not exist.

Manning allegedly leaked documents with one of the reasons to expose the truth about civilians being murdered in unjustified ways. Yet here we have some waste of a life murderer killing for sport and wow, all he get's is "don't do it again".

If it were a logical world, manning would be free for doing a good deed to his country, and this sick scumbag marine would be lying in the bottom of a cess pit.
edit on 4/2/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Now Anon will be sought after and charged with Treason.

We cannot beat the Machine, they own the police, the courts, the Government, and the Sheep Sleep.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Charged with Treason for hacking a civilian law office's website? I think not...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
just show's who's running america. the power behind the throne. and it ain't righteousness or justice.

this just adds another straw to the camels back.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Charged with Treason for hacking a civilian law office's website? I think not...

Dont want to argue,,

But they released E-Mails pertaining to Military,,Govern related Docs.

Doesnt matter really, I was just pointing out hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Government emails? So far, it looks like its personal correspondence btween the Frank, his lawyers, and I think Marine buddies, not official Gov't email. I'm pretty sure Anon has already attack Gov't civilian websites, obtaining personal info and whatnot, so by your logic, wouldn't Anon already be charged with Treason? I think you can download the emails from PirateBay right now, so we can have a look see at what's doin

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So anon is pissed that the law didn't find all of the soldiers guilty. So Anon, who wants the law followed, not only broke the law, but tainted any future legal proceedings by hacking, accessing and posting privileged legal info between client and lawyer.

pot, meet kettle

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'm pretty sure Anon doesn't back much laws, if any.. maybe the simplest of laws, like don't kill people but Anon certainly does steal. Fact is 24 innocent people were murdered and their murderers were set free.

I read a great article about Anon, they compared Anon to the Trickster, and tricksters don't care about law. It's a good read, have at it,

Culture Anonymous 101: Introduction to the lulz

www.wired.co.uk...

But what is Anonymous?

NYU Professor and Anonymous researcher Biella Coleman compares Anonymous to the trickster god archetype.

"The trickster does exist across America, across Europe, really across the world and it is not in myth but in embodied in group and living practice: in that of the prankster, hacker, the phreaker, the troller (all of whom, have their own unique elements of course, but so does each trickster)," she wrote in Social Text.

The trickster isn't the good guy or the bad guy, it's the character that exposes contradictions, initiates change and moves the plot forward. One minute, the loving and heroic trickster is saving civilisation. A few minutes later the same trickster is cruel, kicking your ass and eating babies as a snack.

The conversation about Anonymous points to this trickster nature, veering between praise and fear, with the media at a loss for even how to describe them.

We've tried hacker group, notorious hacker group, hacktivists, the Internet Hate Machine, pimply-faced, basement-dwelling teenagers, an activist organisation, a movement, a collective, a vigilante group, online terrorists, and any number of other fantastical and colorful terms. None of them have ever really fit. Anonymous has constantly forced us to reach for the thesaurus -- revealing that as a whole, we in the media have no idea what Anonymous really is or what it means.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Then where does Anon think they are the moral high ground, especially since they break the laws that they demand others follow?

Secondly they should learn how the UCMJ works.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Anon's moral high ground and your moral high ground are clearly two different things. Their moral high ground does not include laws, whether they're US or international, that's why everything they is illegal. Your moral high ground includes these laws, clearly. And I suspect no matter what Anon does you don't like them, and that's fine, everyone has a role to play.

UCMJ you say? It is true that military members can be subjected to both civilian law and military law, 2 courts, 1 crime, but I think he only was subjected to military court for these killings. What do you think Staff Sergeant Frank Wuterich suffered via the UCMJ? Here's his charge sheet detailing all the UCMJ articles he broke, link, but I don't think he's going away to military prison.

edit: My bad, he could be going away to military prison... for 3 months. So much for the UCMJ

rt.com...

The terms of the plea bargain, as reported Monday, were believed to include three months of containment in a military prison, the forfeiture of two-thirds of his pay and a rank demotion. On Tuesday, however, the harshest penalty for the staff sergeant was revoked and now Wuterich will see no jail time for his role in the murders.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
So anon is pissed that the law didn't find all of the soldiers guilty. So Anon, who wants the law followed, not only broke the law, but tainted any future legal proceedings by hacking, accessing and posting privileged legal info between client and lawyer.

pot, meet kettle

All of those soldiers should not be imprisoned or severely punished.. they were following orders and they did not know the situation to the extent of their leader. No one is overly mad that they weren't prosecuted. It was their leader who got away with almost NO punishment that makes anonymous angry.
edit on 2/4/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yeah because Rarely Truthful (RT news) is so accurate and believable. It might as well be the Russian equivalent of Debka.

Military personnel are subject to the UCMJ for their actions, even more so when in combat zones. They won't be subject to civilian law in those cases.

As far as anon and morals, they have none. They are nothing but a spoiled group of people who whine and complain about the law should be followed, only to be pissed that the law worked but not in the manner they want. So they then violate the law themselves, which undermines the argument they are trying to make.

In the case of the Haditha killings, the UCMJ was applied and the process worked. Since no one from Anon was present in Haditha, they aren't in any position to determine the law failed now are they?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Yet anon doesnt bother to follow the laws they are demanding others be held to. Again how does that make them credible? Its literally them getting pissed because they didn't get what they wanted and decide to break the very laws they demand be followed.

They have every right to not agree with the outcome of that mess however they dont have a right to break the law because of that.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

When the law is not applicable by design to the law makers, their masters and minions; the laws have no meaning at all. We cannot expect justice and fairness from corrupt billionaies, corrupt politicians and corrupt courts. Anonymous, I'm with you!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

When the law is not applicable by design to the law makers, their masters and minions; the laws have no meaning at all. We cannot expect justice and fairness from corrupt billionaies, corrupt politicians and corrupt courts. Anonymous, I'm with you!

That's the most typical response I find with supporters of Anon. It's like saying God made them do it. These mysterious conspiracies and corporate bad guys etc etc etc. It's just one group of lawless a-holes lashing out because they didn't get there way.

Because they say it's unjust then it must be. I mean Anon is such a credible movement.

I think the legal process of these marines was messed up from start to end but I don't condone a bunch of cyber bullies and terrorists doign as they please as a form to combat it. They only make themselves out to be idiots and there supporters even bigger idiots.

Anon = Contradiction to everything they say and do

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
idk y but i hate anon..... i want to track them down myself and beat down every one of them and break a keyboard over their head

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

That RT article is just one of many sources giving details about his sentence (I just happened to use RT article but there are many more, it's clear you haven't even done a google search on this issue), this Marine literally got away with murder, and the UCMJ slapped him on the wrist. If you believe the UCMJ delivered justice and a fair sentence for the murder of 24 innocent people you are out of your mind. All the men who put bullets into those men, women, children, and handicapped people were exonerated and 1 Marine was given a cut in pay, reduced rank, and a few months in military prison.

www.reuters.com...

Wuterich faces a maximum sentence of three months of confinement, forfeiture of two-thirds of his pay for three months and a reduction in rank when he is sentenced on Tuesday, a Camp Pendleton spokesman said. Any discharge process faced by Wuterich, a father of three girls, will be separate from his sentencing.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The military judge, Lt. Col. David Jones, initially recommended the maximum sentence of three months for Wuterich, saying, "It's difficult for the court to fathom negligent dereliction of duty worse than the facts in this case."

www.cbsnews.com...

Military judge Lt. Col. David Jones initially recommended the maximum sentence of three months for Wuterich, saying: "It's difficult for the court to fathom negligent dereliction of duty worse than the facts in this case."

There's plenty more articles where those came from. Do you have an issue with any of the above as a source? I could find another? Or better yet, who do you trust

Oh btw, you keep saying Anon is demanding these men be subjected to some sort of law and I don't think that's the case. I haven't read anything yet about Anon demanding these men go to jail or whatever. So far I just see Anon doing what they do best, stealing, hacking, and calling people out on their BS.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Uhm because unlike some countries the US has a civilian leadership and not military, which is why the UCMJ doesn't apply to members of Congress.

So the argument you just gave does not hold water.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join