It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous reveals Haditha massacre emails | RT

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

You don't why but you want to hunt people down so you can violently dispose of them?

You may want to see a therapist, and you definitely need a hug.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Being he was never charged with murder, and instead was charged with dereliction of duty, the 3 month sentence was appropriate.

You guys need to understand that its not what you think, its what can be proven in a court of law / military court martial. In this case the soldiers under his command received an order of shoot first and ask questions later. What the order entailed -

Wuterich, in his pre-sentencing statement, added that when he gave that order, "the intent wasn't that they should shoot civilians. It was that they would not hesitate in the face of the enemy."

A breakdown in the chain of command, which occurs during war. People are more than welcome to not agree with the punishment or charges. However just because they dont agree doesn't mean they have the right to exact their own revenge.

Doing so drops them to the exact same level they accuse Wuterich of.

Where is Anons concern over the number of people the Iraqi regime killed before the invasion? Where is their concern over the Taliban and they way they treated people? What about China and their crack down on Tibet and several other Western province cities?

Where is their concern about Syria? Egypt? Libya?

Until I see them care with consistence, they can sit down and shut up.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
reply to post by Xcathdra

When the law is not applicable by design to the law makers, their masters and minions; the laws have no meaning at all. We cannot expect justice and fairness from corrupt billionaies, corrupt politicians and corrupt courts. Anonymous, I'm with you!

The law that these Marines faced do not apply to you, the civilian. Corrupt billionaires have nothing to do with the UCMJ and military court, but corrupt politicians definitely can have an influence. In this case, I dunno where it all went wrong and why all the men except the leader were exonerated. I did read there was massive screw ups during the investigation and a lot of the Marines were caught lying while giving statements and testimonies. Think screwed up like the OJ Simpson investigation, that's what happened here.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
So anon is pissed that the law didn't find all of the soldiers guilty. So Anon, who wants the law followed, not only broke the law, but tainted any future legal proceedings by hacking, accessing and posting privileged legal info between client and lawyer.

pot, meet kettle

Mass-murder and stealing e-mails may coexist in whatever deluded universe you live in, but in this reality, there are certainly no kettles meeting any pots, anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

It doesn't matter how you perceive it and I'm done arguing with you about this. 24 innocent people were killed and all of the Marines were exonerated and the leader given a slap on the wrist. Amazing, 24 innocent died and this is the outcome. I was in the USN and am familiar with the UCMJ. In fact it scared the crap out of me because so many articles cover so many general things that you could face serious trouble if someone wanted to really give it to you.

In any case, your stance is clear, you support that these men got what they deserved and that Anon is a bunch of spoil brats or whatever you called them. Gotcha...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So because I dont support Anon and its actions while at the same time respecting how our legal system works (which is not perfect by the way) you dont wish to debate the facts?

ook

reply to post by SyphonX

Way to take it out of context and insert words I never said. Typical

Anon wants to use the law while arguing it doesn't apply to them. They do exactly what they accuse others of doing.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

They slaughtered women and children, shot them in the head .

And you try to justify it.

Your a real peach

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

This was done by someone who clearly knows what they are doing. Anonymous is one of the largest, if not THE largest group of hackers in the world at this time. They've taken down Sony, DoD and many others in recent months.

I've replaced their hacked version with a blank screen for right now (it's the quickest thing to get theirs off of there). I've also updated the FTP password.

This isn't like the previous hack where one file was replaced and it redirected. In this case Anon was able to gain FTP access directly to the server and remove ALL files to your site. We're working on restoring the backups now, and looking to see how far this attack went. At this time, it only looks like the web files were removed, but the database was left intact and untouched.

We're going to have to lock down not only the front end (as done previously), but we are going to have to limit the IP addresses that can access anything to do with the server.

Good luck with your quest ! May tron be with you.

Lol, I rekon anon do things the right way. It is only with this attitude can there ever be any control over what we otherwise cannot control.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hypothetical: Iraq invades the USA and a small handful of Iraqis murdered 24 Americans including women and children in cold blood on your soil how would you expect the US judicial system to proceed?

edit on 5-2-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Anon wants to use the law while arguing it doesn't apply to them. They do exactly what they accuse others of doing.[

I took absolutely nothing out of context. You are comparing mass-murder, to people stealing e-mails. How utterly disgusting and deluded, really. You think it's hypocritical that some people try to expose a serious crime?

Also, I don't see them trying to claim they are "morally superior", or think the law doesn't apply to them. They did this covertly, i.e., they knew they were committing a crime, but did so in knowing that the outcome was to expose a far more serious crime.

That used to be something we called jurnalizm, and we had people called joornalists that would hone their craft in exposing information. Forgotten profession, quite ancient.
edit on 5-2-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Hypothetical: Iraq invades the USA and a small handful of Iraqis murdered 24 Americans including women and children in cold blood on your soil how would you expect the US judicial system to proceed?

edit on 5-2-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

If you are making a comparison then the question would be what would the Iraqi government think, not the US. If I had to guess, based on your hypothetical corrected by me to make it a comparison and not a push poll, would be those Iraqi soldiers being rewarded and never seeing the inside of a courtroom.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Swills

So because I dont support Anon and its actions while at the same time respecting how our legal system works (which is not perfect by the way) you dont wish to debate the facts?

ook

reply to post by SyphonX

Anon wants to use the law while arguing it doesn't apply to them. They do exactly what they accuse others of doing.

I don't care whether you support Anon or not, I'm just pointing out the only reason you're in this thread is to bash on Anon. You clearly aren't very familiar with this case or it's outcome until I pointed it out and provide more links for you to read so you can catch up. Like I said, everyone plays a role and yours is clear. I don't agree with things Anon does but there are things I do agree with them on. As far as this particular case, the best Anon can do is embarrass the law firm and Frank Wuterich. That's all that can come from this, Anon isn't demanding anyone go to jail or expects their hack to lead to arrests or anything. They're just airing dirty laundry. There's a lot, I mean a lot of emails they stole so I doubt I will read all of them but there is embarrassing info in there somewhere.

As far you claiming you only respect the law and see that these men got what they deserved, that's fine, but as I've already said, I see it differently and completely disagree with you 100%. That's why I wanted to be done with you because there clearly is no point discussing this any further with you. You stance is clear and you've made it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Oh please.. where was your outrage when Saddam was killing his own people? Assad killing his own people?

Where is Anon on all of those topics?

If your going to, imo laughingly, try to portray Anon as journalists of a bygone era, then tell me where their reporting is on every other country and its "illegal actions"?

Also you should learn that journalism reports on the topic and doesn't make themselves a part of it, which is exactly what Anon does - they make themselves a part of the story.

Secondly the law is very important, especially when it comes to tainting evidence that was illegally obtained. Anon is single handedly destroying any hopes of criminal investigations by their actions on a myriad of topics.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Again, if you bothered to do a simple internet search before you post you would answer your own questions, mashable.com...

Anon isn't happy with Syria either. You can count on Anon not being happy with any Gov't in any nation of the world. But Anon is just a group of, what did you call them, spoil brats or something? Anyway, Anon is just doing what they do best, hacking people, police, Gov't, Corporations, etc, and so far hacking hasn't lead to any real change, except maybe in future internet laws designed to used against us.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Anonymous is pretty much the last bastion of hope that is left in humanity to fight for justice. It is sad how a majority of the American people are brainwashed by the government and ignorant to the crimes soldiers have committed throughout the war. I know each side will always commit atrocities against one another.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

Oh please.. where was your outrage when Saddam was killing his own people? Assad killing his own people?

Where is Anon on all of those topics?

If your going to, imo laughingly, try to portray Anon as journalists of a bygone era, then tell me where their reporting is on every other country and its "illegal actions"?

Also you should learn that journalism reports on the topic and doesn't make themselves a part of it, which is exactly what Anon does - they make themselves a part of the story.

Secondly the law is very important, especially when it comes to tainting evidence that was illegally obtained. Anon is single handedly destroying any hopes of criminal investigations by their actions on a myriad of topics.

Are you, serious?

Saddam's crimes? You are aware, I'm sure, that his 'crimes' were committed decades ago, and Saddam has been dead for 6 years. Also, there wasn't a need for an "anonymous response" to his crimes, because an entire military coalition bombed the country to piss, and have left it to rot in civil unrest, since.

Pretty sure a ragtag group of internet busybodies didn't need to "respond" to appease your ilk.

Second, you miss the point entirely. Their main prerogative isn't to act like the "World Police". The US military-industrial complex does that well enough, and not to mention Wikileaks has everyone beat on global exposure.

The reason groups like 'anonymous' exists is because the US is a massive military empire, and is well known for practicing a "Do as I say, Not as I Do" policy. It does as it pleases, and always takes the moral high ground. The US has bombed several countries in the past few years alone, for the sake of "helping people" and "dishing out earned justice". When it comes time to serve up justice on America's shores? Nope. "Do as I say, Not as I Do".

I'm sorry you're so threatened by this event, xcathdra.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Just pointing out that their supposed goals arent so much goals as they are personal vendettas against anyone they dont agree with or like.

For instance the Haditha ruling. The guy was not charge with murder / negligent homicide etc. He was charged with dereliction of duty - 1 count, plead guilty and sentenced to 3 months. I could care less of Anon doesnt agree with the verdict. They arent judges, they dont know or understand the law, let alone a war zone or the UCMJ.

They are useless and their actions undermine their intentions, just like wikileaks.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Anon makes some really good points, like Bradley Manning facing life in prison while Frank Wuterich gets a slap on the wrist.

Absolutely. I find it disgusting that some twisted murderer killing civilians for "sport" get's off with nothing but a pay cut. While other's such as manning who are 'allegedly' exposing these kinds of twisted murder's by releasing documents.

We have to ask, what is justice? The answer is irrelevant, because it clearly does not exist.

Manning allegedly leaked documents with one of the reasons to expose the truth about civilians being murdered in unjustified ways. Yet here we have some waste of a life murderer killing for sport and wow, all he get's is "don't do it again".

If it were a logical world, manning would be free for doing a good deed to his country, and this sick scumbag marine would be lying in the bottom of a cess pit.
edit on 4/2/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.
Manning deserves no prosecution in a logical world. He's a real hero.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I just made a thread on Bradley Manning you should check it out!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by amazing

I just made a thread on Bradley Manning you should check it out!

I did!

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join