Help! Does anybody recognize this jersey, or person for that matter?

page: 1
5
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Long story short, look up the plot to the movie Catfish, I think I'm in the exact same situation. I recently got int a long distance relationship with a 22 year old girl named Megan "Megsy" Scott from Auckland, New Zealand, who claims to be a veterinarian, songwriter, and does ballet and kickboxing. Over the course of 2 months, we've sent over 5000 messages back and forth, and talked on the phone for 3 hours. When I first met her, she was in a relationship, and there was this whole argument story and whatever, but eventually they broke up, and she said she wanted to be in a relationship with me. Well, anyways, I have reason to believe that this person is not who she says she is. I looked up pictures from her facebook profile and they have turned up on numerous site model pages. There's a lot more to this story, but look up the plot to Catfish and that's basically my situation, except I'm not 100% sure she's fake yet. That's why I'm turning here for help. I called Megan before, and we talked for hours. She sounded legit, perfect kiwi accent, phone number originating from New Zealand, and soft voice. But, I haven't Skyped her yet, and I've been trying to get her to, but she always says she's busy... She said she would come here and stay for six months on March 17th, so we'll see... If she doesn't come, there has to be some way of criminally charging her because I spent $100 on stuff for when she gets here and I let her know about it, and she was okay with it. So if she doesn't come, that has to be fraud. Plus, I've already told my family and friends about her, and I've invested so much time and emotion into her. I feel emotionally drained, my heart physically hurts. In the back of my mind I keep thinking, she's telling the truth, everything will be alright, we'll live out a happy life into old age together, but the rational part of me is saying no, she's not who she says she is, you're gonna get screwed again.

Here's the page where I found a lot of her profile pictures had turned up:
www.polyvore.com...

Here's the jersey in question:



Here's another page where I've found her pictures:
s348.photobucket.com...#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ16




Through my sleuthing, I've determined the person in these pictures to be named Karly. I however have no idea what her last name could be, and I'm desperately looking because I want to let her know. I also want to know the true personality behind those pictures I fell in love with.




posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
PFFT!!! ARE YOU INSANE!?!?!

How can you press criminal charges on someone who doesn't exist, you fool.






posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Can't help you with the rest but that looks like a Carolina Panthers jersey.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
PFFT!!! ARE YOU INSANE!?!?!

How can you press criminal charges on someone who doesn't exist, you fool.





Because somebody is behind that fake facebook profile if it is fake.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.panthers.com...

Can't help you with the other stuff. Don't understand the concept of online relationships. But to each their own.
edit on 4-2-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: sp



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

Originally posted by olliemc84
PFFT!!! ARE YOU INSANE!?!?!

How can you press criminal charges on someone who doesn't exist, you fool.





Because somebody is behind that fake facebook profile if it is fake.


Yeah and you are dumb enough to get roped into it!

My guess is that this girl is probably either a) BS b) an escort or c) eye candy for the uber rich middle aged men that can afford to fly pretty girls all around the world to have on their arm at important functions/dinners etc...



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros
 


You have been done my friend, sorry.

Also it not fraud if you brought things for her willingly, I think you need a good look at your relationship habits,

Date girls face to face - no long distance, no sending money.

Good luck in life



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84
 


You don't know my situation... At the time I was very vulnerable. My little sister was diagnosed with MPGN type 3, and I messaged her and she said so many nice things and was so supportive. I know there's a genuine person somewhere in there behind all the lies. I want to know what person is depicted in that picture, and also who is behind that facebook profile. I invested my whole heart into that person. And no, I'm not rich, she said she would pay for the tickets.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If they took down all the fake profiles on facebook and dating sites....the internet would half in size....



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros
 

This sounds like a girl that my friend has dealt with, if it is her then your probably dealing with a 16 year old girl named Chelsea. Your description fits her perfectly. If I were you you should definitely stop talking to her.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
reply to post by MegasAlexandros
 


You have been done my friend, sorry.

Also it not fraud if you brought things for her willingly, I think you need a good look at your relationship habits,

Date girls face to face - no long distance, no sending money.

Good luck in life


this^

i met my wife online and i met her in person a few days after talking to her online that long distance # dont work



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSmokeydogg7
 


I know it's not a man though, because I talked to her on the phone...



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
reply to post by olliemc84
 


You don't know my situation... At the time I was very vulnerable. My little sister was diagnosed with MPGN type 3, and I messaged her and she said so many nice things and was so supportive. I know there's a genuine person somewhere in there behind all the lies. I want to know what person is depicted in that picture, and also who is behind that facebook profile. I invested my whole heart into that person. And no, I'm not rich, she said she would pay for the tickets.


Then tell her...no skype, no more communication. Simple really....



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
reply to post by olliemc84
 


You don't know my situation... At the time I was very vulnerable. My little sister was diagnosed with MPGN type 3, and I messaged her and she said so many nice things and was so supportive. I know there's a genuine person somewhere in there behind all the lies. I want to know what person is depicted in that picture, and also who is behind that facebook profile. I invested my whole heart into that person. And no, I'm not rich, she said she would pay for the tickets.


Your sister gets sick so you message a random hot chick on facebook?

Face...meet palm.

Good luck on your quest for true love, my dude. But can I give you some advice.

Meet a chick at school, or a library, or a bar, or a laundramat, or pretty much anywhere where you can stand on the ground and look into their eyes. Digital dating is IMO retarded.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There's no doubt it's a girl, and if you are correct about her accent she may even be from where she says.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, it's probably a girl that's not confident about her looks. got caught up in this charade and doesn't know how to get out of it now


Present this evidence and say you want to see the real person behind it, like it wouldn't make a difference in the world.
After that it's up to you dude.

Peace



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
reply to post by MegasAlexandros
 

This sounds like a girl that my friend has dealt with, if it is her then your probably dealing with a 16 year old girl named Chelsea. Your description fits her perfectly. If I were you you should definitely stop talking to her.


Could you please tell me more?



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
First thing that came to my mind:





Do not spend any more money.
I cannot tell you if she is fake or not.
Something tells me she is real, but not quite what you think.
People make up stuff about themselves all the time online, not because they want to trick you,
but because they are afraid that once you know who they really are,
you will not be interested.
"I feel a lot of insecurity"

If she does not come to stay, then let her go. She has lied to you.
But yet, I feel something there,perhaps just not quite what you were thinking.



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evansr
There's no doubt it's a girl, and if you are correct about her accent she may even be from where she says.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, it's probably a girl that's not confident about her looks. got caught up in this charade and doesn't know how to get out of it now


Present this evidence and say you want to see the real person behind it, like it wouldn't make a difference in the world.
After that it's up to you dude.

Peace


That's the most plausible explanation.
The internet can be a pretty creepy place. There's really nothing like face to face interaction IMHO...



posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros
 


yea brah , you got played like a fiddle. lol press criminal charges


told your family about it


won't go on webcam cause shes "busy"



Didn't you ever hear if its too good to be true ......

We fall in love with the image more , the personality is just bonus. So really its just lust tainted as love.

Its hard for men not to fall for these little eye candy lollipops lol . They use that cutness to sucker us in..
remember a wise man once said ...

we only have enough blood for one organ , when we see a women ! It either goes to our brain , or our other brain


If she had the extact same personality that you fell in "love " with and has 200ibs extra , your love would be nothing more lol

Watch out for dangerous women who use you


www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-2-2012 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join