It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A show of hands; who still has their Christmas tree up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"I'll take it down for sure this weekend."

That's what I've been telling my wife since the day after Christmas. Then something always comes up (or I'm feeling just too damn lazy) and the tree ends up staying for yet another week.

Please tell me I'm not the only lazy crumb-bum who hasn't bothered to take down their tree this year.

I've heard horror stories of people who leave their Christmas decorations up well into the summer-time so I figure; at least I'm not as bad as THOSE people.

I think the time has finally come when I no longer have an excuse anymore to leave the tree up; it has begun to attract vermin into the house and is creating a potentially dangerous situation for my family. Check out this vid I took last night of creepy critters crawling around inside my tree:

WARNING: graphic blood and gore ***not appropriate for little children***

My daughter is still recovering from her encounter with that vicious animal.

This should serve as a cautionary tale for anyone who leaves their tree up way past Christmas...

ETA: for those of you with real trees, you may want to consider putting your tree to good use after you take it down.

edit on 2/3/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You still got your tree up? You may be the only one! I used to be just like you until I learned to keep it simple. My kids are grown and I have no grandkids (yet), so I got a small 3 foot tree and put it on a table. After Christmas, I take off the few ornaments, pop it back in its box, and voila! No more tree.

It is always easy and fun to decorate heavily for Christmas, and such a pain to put it all up again. The simpler you keep it, the easier it is to deal with later.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I took mine down right after Christmas...much to my wife and daughters disappointment!

But my neighbor still has his tree up...and outside lights...and lawn ornaments...lights blazing every night!

Leave it up long enough...and you don't need one come next Christmas I guess!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Mine is still up. I hate getting it out and putting it up every year. Mainly because I got to get up in my dusty attic to store it away. I'll put it up this weekend though, I promise.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree -
put it up the day after Christmas - took
every bit of 2 minutes

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yep, i still have it up and only last night i booked my summer holiday trip.

B.T.W. its a surprise trip with my better half, but she is half way across the world at this moment, i guess she has put up with alot from me in the past two years and i think she deserves as we all deserve once in a while surprises of that nature.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I keep one in a pot. It's really not the typical christmas tree variety. When I do get big real ones after taking down the decorations I like to put it out on the deck and keep it watered until it drys up and it's ready to burn. I do like the recycling ideas too.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Tree is finally down....but decorations still up....nothing put in storage

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My ex husband left his up until April one year.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
mine is still up from Christmas before last

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Its good to see that I'm not the only one.

BTW; I managed to drag that vermin out of the tree. My kids want to keep it but, I'm not sure opossum make such good pets. It already has its eyes on my fish.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just a quick update; my tree is STILL up. I worked OT on Saturday and we were running around shopping for groceries too much yesterday to get to it.

Am I the worst one out there or does anyone else still have theirs up?

edit on 2/13/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Mine is still up and is showing no signs of coming down on it's own.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Two words...Bone idle.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I took my last christmas tree down in december of 1985.
I won't be putting up a tree anytime in the future either.
Some of my neighbors just took their lights down a few
weeks ago.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well, the wife finally got tired of looking at that thing and took a frying pan to the side of my head and forced me to tear the thing down last night.

In other news, the kids forced me to decide to keep the opossum we found in the tree. It seems tame enough but, I still count my fingers and toes every morning to make sure it hasn't knawed any off while I slept.

See; still got all ten toes and nine fingers...

Hold on a second.

new topics

top topics

join