It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous 'hack FBI and Scotland Yard phone call'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Anonymous 'hack FBI and Scotland Yard phone call'

www.bbc.co.uk

Hacking group Anonymous has released what it says is a recording of a conference call between the FBI and British police about cybercrime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/3/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
No doubt this will turn out interesting. I wonder what will be next? Does anybody have more in-depth links?

I thought these guys only did internet-based stuff!? How could they get hold of recorded messages? Anybody know more?

People usually complain about what Anonymous does but this... ?

ATS wants me to add more words but I have no idea what to write!

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DB340
I thought these guys only did internet-based stuff!? How could they get hold of recorded messages? Anybody know more?
www.bbc.co.uk

I know most everything's kept on computers now.
What I want to know is how they keep getting into the "most secure" areas of the government.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

this it it

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by drkylefletcher

Probably because it's not as secure as they would like us to believe it is, or News International is paying them to dig up dirt so they can get out of the cr@p they're in with the UK

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkylefletcher

Originally posted by DB340
www.bbc.co.uk

I know most everything's kept on computers now.
What I want to know is how they keep getting into the "most secure" areas of the government.

I have told you people over a hundred times now...

There is no "Most secure" area. Security on the web is a myth.

Any simple SQL injection into the bootstrap algorithm into a Cisco 2*** router will reset it into a base factory config with all ports open and no ACLs, and from there it's all fun and games.

Any simple script kiddie can hack into a network... Half the time there is no hacking involved... Network admins are just fricking dumb half the time.

Why everyone thinks that the government has some super secret Internet security system that no one is privy to I will never understand. Ethernet works the same no matter what company or government are using it.

Hell they could have gotten this info simply by sticking a packet capturer on the network and never even need to hack in or search the files...

I keep telling you all.... Internet security is a MYTH...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
They are at it again. Sometime I wonder, considering how secret Anonymous's hackers are about their idenity, if they have inside sources or even hackers working inside the gov't, either that or that are just that good...

Some people in gov't prolly dislike the gov't just as much as Anonymous does..Just a thought though. Great article S/F

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What interests me most is the mention of "ACPO", the unelected, unaccountable, and publicly funded private 'club' for chief police officers here in the UK. They seem to be a coordinating force in the cyber security world - yes, you guessed it - they do have 'corporate sponsors'.

Nuff said.

The Rev.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Fancy a trip to Sheffield for the ACPO conference? Bruce of the FBI seems up for it!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

its not quite that simple..
a script kiddie cannot just do it with his eyes closed.

people who design the architecture of these networks ultimately know the flaws in them, so they know how to manipulate them if someone else has a similar network.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
it would be a good idea to watch the anonymous twitter feeds at the moment.

some very intersting and some very very strange stuff going on.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

its not quite that simple..
a script kiddie cannot just do it with his eyes closed.

people who design the architecture of these networks ultimately know the flaws in them, so they know how to manipulate them if someone else has a similar network.

EVERY Ethernet network on the PLANET works the same. They might have slightly different hardware, but Ethernet will always be Ethernet.

Besides, nine times out of ten, once you get past the POP, companies/governments almost Always use Cisco routers... Maybe even nine and a half times out of ten.

Yeah, it's really that simple. Any CCNA worth his paycheck could crack a router in under a minute... It's his job.

And most CCNAs are fugging morons...

Do the math.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
its just been on sky news in the uk that they have taken contol of boston police website,and are claiming there is alot more to come dont know if theres any truth to it it was only a small peice on the news.by doing stuff like this they are going to speed up internet censorship,not good!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
cheese?

Ireland? anyone from ireland? anyone?

anyone?

these guys make you feel much safer don't they?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I'm with you. I work for tech support in some company and believe me, some of those pretty, expensive, "we bought this ones because we manage confidential and critical data" routers still have the default passwords.
If you pass the main firewall, you're in. And this certain company i work for is one of the biggest financial holdings, worldwide.
They trust the firewalls too much, and that's the main fault, firewalls are not that difficult to hack.
Not something a user can do, but someone with technical knowledge can do it without too much trouble.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You know....

these organizations don't make "Phone calls"

just letting you all know. I call hoax

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
h3h3h3 - thats huge, imagine what else they could record...

I LOVE #fkucfbifriday =) *rebecca black remix for anonymous needed*

[Snipped Content Containing Personal Information]
edit on 2/3/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
You know....

these organizations don't make "Phone calls"

just letting you all know. I call hoax

...and you know this how?

Not trying to be rude just wondering how you would know something like that?

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

CONFIRMED:
nakedsecurity.sophos.com...

The FBI and Scotland Yard have now confirmed that their internal conference call describing their investigation into Anonymous hackers was illegally intercepted, as was the email containing the conference call details.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

the fbi and scoland yard have confimerd it pal

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join