It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous 'hack FBI and Scotland Yard phone call'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
FBI most likely already has many of the people heading the Anom movement in its crosshairs and are just waiting to arrest them.

Anom can intercept the call all they want to. Intercepting a call will not make you any less of a criminal fugitive.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am just waiting for a massive false flag , putting Anom's head on the block. This is cat and mouse in the ether.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is not a digitally "hacked" conversation.

One side of the conversation (client) is high bandwidth and the other (remote) is low.

Whoever made the recording tapped into the client analogue audio before the analogue to digital convertion at the client side.

In other words, the person responsible had been in the client's room and connected the conferencing equipment to a piece of kit something like this:

This is just another one of those idiotic non-events designed to get a reaction.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lostjohnny

So Johnny what you are saying is...

they heard what they were suppose to hear

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When people gonna realise ,its time to take Anonymous seriously.

Keep calling Anonymous stupid kids, but one day, those kids are going to change your world RADICALLY

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Yes. But there was no hacking involved.

Inside job.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Inside job, i do agree, but it been made intelligently, proof, it worked like a charm

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

What will they do with this?

Parade it around the media for weeks until all the dumb celebrities have been convinced that their phone conversations have been hacked?

Start a campaign to have all telecoms encrypted (at our expense) to protect us from evesdroppers?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well Anon is a movement of many people, and the government is naive to think they are impervious to insiders and collaborators. When you pit brother against brother you will get resistance, that is the nature of things! Furthermore, Anon are no longer living in fear and they are content their position which makes them even more dangerous. A trusted insider with computer knowledge or a hacker doing social hacking can cause massive damage in a short amount of time. With today's techno gizmo tools, knowledge, exploitable methods and a window of opportunity one could take over a system within minutes and even seconds.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

the last guy who tried it died the day he wanted to show his invention at the legendary chaos-computer-club...u know, suicide...

en.wikipedia.org...

guess every story has two sides =)
edit on 3-2-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DB340

the police has a system possibly of recording their own conversations and maybe they taped into the system that does that some how.

Not sure really.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Annon seem to be very good at self promotion and they say they are capable of a lot more than they actually are. They have had plenty of time now to do something worth while, yet they continue to take websites offline (temporarily) with DDoS attacks, which to be fair are pretty basic attacks or they release supposedly hacked information that is of little or no interest anyway. Annon are all superficial and with little substance. I suspect they only ever "hack" the unsecure networks, coming from a comms background in the military, anything worth knowing will at minimum be transmitted using a 256 bit control key word that changes every 9 seconds as well as transmitted on a frequency hopping modulator with a unique hop code. It makes me laugh when annon come out with these nothing hax.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkylefletcher

Originally posted by DB340
I thought these guys only did internet-based stuff!? How could they get hold of recorded messages? Anybody know more?
www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I know most everything's kept on computers now.
What I want to know is how they keep getting into the "most secure" areas of the government.

It's easy when you're part of it

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp

Keep calling Anonymous stupid kids, but one day, those kids are going to change your world RADICALLY

What a laugh.
These guys are cowards.

If they want to prove that they are worthy of being noticed, then they have to take down Wall Street, CIA, NSA now. Otherwise, why bother. They just havn't got the balls to hit the scum where it hurts.

Tomorrow will be the same as yesterday where TPTB are still in complete control.

So come on Anonymous, show the world that you can be of some use to us, massacre the elite. go on, do it !!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp

Yeah they are, they are gonna give gov around the world every reason to lock the internet down tighter then frogs butt!

But im sure Anon would love that, see then they could be even more elite....

Since they have the ability to go and do whatever they want on the net, while us poor masses are lock down to only whatever we are allowed to see and hear........

Sounds to me more like Anon is the enemy and not the hero here......

When WILL people wake up? you are right! when will they wake up and see that this group is just like any other elitist minded group, and doesnt have the interest of "The people" in mind.....
edit on 3-2-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
What interests me most is the mention of "ACPO", the unelected, unaccountable, and publicly funded private 'club' for chief police officers here in the UK. They seem to be a coordinating force in the cyber security world - yes, you guessed it - they do have 'corporate sponsors'.

Nuff said.

The Rev.

ACPO is the Association of Chief Police Officers. It's a respected official organisation, the functions of which include compiling reports, laying down guidelines and offering advice in major Police investigations.

It is funded by "corporate" activity, they run criminal records checks and offer their many years of crime prevention experience to private companies, but also by the British government and the country's Police forces. How else would you expect them to fund themselves?

edit on 3-2-2012 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Annon seem to be very good at self promotion and they say they are capable of a lot more than they actually are. They have had plenty of time now to do something worth while, yet they continue to take websites offline (temporarily) with DDoS attacks, which to be fair are pretty basic attacks or they release supposedly hacked information that is of little or no interest anyway. Annon are all superficial and with little substance. I suspect they only ever "hack" the unsecure networks, coming from a comms background in the military, anything worth knowing will at minimum be transmitted using a 256 bit control key word that changes every 9 seconds as well as transmitted on a frequency hopping modulator with a unique hop code. It makes me laugh when annon come out with these nothing hax.

The most used for the US military encryption device used for IP encryption is the TACLANE (TACLANE PDF ). Although they can and are used for Radio type communications, in this case it was a copper transmission, therefore no "frequency hopping" would have been in the equation.

For the gentleman that says a script kiddy could have intercepetd this VOIP at the router level, it might be possible but not by some script kiddy, and all they would have got out of it was what seemed like random encrypted packets, I know not a single ANON member that could crack (their most sophisticated attacks have been DDOS).

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This wasn't a technical "hack" at all. It didn't use "SQL injection." It may not have even involved the Internet or the Web. there is no evidence, at least not yet. All this "We wuz hacked" stuff is conjecture.

Someone got an email with the time and pass code for the conference call. Could THIS have been the result of a hack? Sure, but it also could have resulted from someone sending the information intentionally, picking it up off the desk, etc. It could have come from "social engineering." This is the only point where there even might have been a "hack" technically.

Next, all anon has to do is call up the number, put in the password, listen and record the call. If you've listened to the call (You HAVE, right?) you will find that it is very clear. It's a perfect and direct recording right off the phone. This wasn't a hack at all. Whoever did it just followed directions on the email. If you listen to the call you will find there are a lot more "sign-on bleeps" than people talking. My bet is that one of them was anon. And what about the call itself? It was a simple liason call where very little information was exchanged, very little business transacted. It was a "touch bases" kind of call that yielded very little, if any, useful information.

So we have some FBI/Scotland Yard types who made a conference call on an unsecured line using a third party conference system. I've used the same one myself. I recognize the female robot voice. It's a commercial system available for anyone to use.

By publishing this in this way anon now has the full attention of the FBI. Congrats. If their intent was to establish a back door, they just blew it. That begs the question, though. What WAS their intent? The result is clear. The FBI won't be calling London on an unsecured line any more.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It's nice to see somebody finally nailed what seems to have happened here!

I kept reading all these posts about elite hacks and I was finally glad to see that somebody gets it: just entering a passcode into a third party conference call isn't hacking at all.

The main question is, how they were able to read the FBI's e-mail in the first place, which had the passcode for the conference call? I agree with your comments that if anon had a clandestine eavesdropping advantage, they blew it by going public with this which doesn't make them look too smart.

I also wouldn't rule out the possibility that anon got the passcode because the FBI wanted them to, though I've also seen no proof that's true, just saying I wouldn't rule out the possibility yet.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DB340

It's good now that the watchers are being watched by the people. They invade people's privacy all the time and its about time they get a little taste of their own medicine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join