It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powers That Be is hurting us and lying to us, They don't care about what the people want || RON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This video highlights the media conspiracy about pre-elected individuals that they want to be president,
They don't care about our votes or about what the public wants at all

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-2-2012 by DjSuperman because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by DjSuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DjSuperman

I hate to say this but it has already been posted recently. Sorry.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Sorry. It is the votes that matter. Get the people to vote for the candidate and get him in the primary. And for now, they didnt. If the people you say really cares....votes him in. They arent..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Sorry. It is the votes that matter. Get the people to vote for the candidate and get him in the primary. And for now, they didnt. If the people you say really cares....votes him in. They arent..

It is a known fact that 99% of the population wants Ron Paul to be president,
Where are you getting your numbers from?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Youre joking right? 99% of America? Then who voted for the other front runners? (Im not even mentioning names)

99% according to you will vote the candidate in. 99% of all Americans is a pretty big claim.

Oh. And IF its is really 99%? He's a shoe in and no election is needed...because he already won...right? Wrong.

Statistically it may be 99% of all the people of care enough, and that might be 40%...even being generous and say... 60% of them want the candidate in...that still isnt 99% of the total.

The end is near. We'll see if you are right. Im suspecting that youre not.

Still...according to you and youre assumtion of the "99%" of voters....you should celebrate because he already won. Congratulations.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjSuperman

It is a known fact that 99% of the population wants Ron Paul to be president,
Where are you getting your numbers from?

Where are YOU getting your numbers from? Its a known fact? If that were the case he would be mopping up the primaries....

What mysteriousstranger stated is correct.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

If that were the case friend? The 100 houses in my neighborhood would nearly all be for him. 99% right? And that 1 house on the corner would not be, correct? (1%).

Now thats times every street in every city in every county or parish in each of 50 States and Guam etc. Youre saying thats true?Thats absolutely impossible.

Now, if you had said that 99% of all the people voting ...OUT of all the people who WILL vote..(which never is 99% of the entire population of America....never)...now that may be an estimate that would be true ot a degree.

But certainly not 99% of everyone, everywhere, voters, non voters, young and old, and in every State everywhere.

That would be impossible. Even the Lord coming back in a blaze of Glory with the skies opening up....50% of folks wouldnt believe it.

So, simply put...99% of your total is WAY off....by about 70%. Not my figures...its the primaries and those voting.

**PS No offense to any candidate or "GOD"...I made no reference to either. Jsut to make my point).

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That video gives me chills.

Important times we live in. So disgusted with the fact that people are truly so numbed down by everything that they have no clue and are too distracted. I weep for my America.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If that were the case friend? The 100 houses in my neighborhood would nearly all be for him. 99% right? And that 1 house on the corner would not be, correct? (1%).

Now thats times every street in every city in every county or parish in each of 50 States and Guam etc. Youre saying thats true?Thats absolutely impossible.

Now, if you had said that 99% of all the people voting ...OUT of all the people who WILL vote..(which never is 99% of the entire population of America....never)...now that may be an estimate that would be true ot a degree.

But certainly not 99% of everyone, everywhere, voters, non voters, young and old, and in every State everywhere.

That would be impossible. Even the Lord coming back in a blaze of Glory with the skies opening up....50% of folks wouldnt believe it.

So, simply put...99% of your total is WAY off....by about 70%. Not my figures...its the primaries and those voting.

**PS No offense to any candidate or "GOD"...I made no reference to either. Jsut to make my point).

I think the primaries are rigged by corporations and tv channels

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If votes actually counted, we would not have had George Bush, Jr. in office TWICE.
The only other explanation would be that the majority of America is mentally deficient in every possible way.

Ron Paul is seldom mentioned on television. Even on shows like Steven Colbert. All he talked about was Newt and Mitt. If those are the only choices, we're screwed.

Honestly, I don't think our votes count for anything. It is just placebo to make us think we have a voice. And all the politicians who run for office seem like they were grown in a lab and raised just for that purpose. They don't even look or act like human beings. Give me a f****** break...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
If votes actually counted, we would not have had George Bush, Jr. in office TWICE.
The only other explanation would be that the majority of America is mentally deficient in every possible way.

We had George W. Bush twice because 1: He first won the Republican primaries and was chosen to be on their ticket and 2: Electors -- you know, the people that no one even bothers to find out how they are elected/selected in their states; the ones who select the president -- voted for George W. Bush twice. Popular vote means nothing in a presidential election but I expect the majority here think it does.

But you are correct, Americans are mentally deficient -- when it comes to the electoral processes in which we go about to electing the President of the United States of America. Most think of elections as they do the Super Bowl. Show up on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November to cast their symbolic vote and then whine and complain that their vote doesn't count. Yet if you are involved and understand that at your local and State levels you can have the largest gains in your vote, then maybe you can see the return on investment.

Here are things that the average American couldn't even find on the Internet because they are so ridiculously retarded when it comes to elections and the process:

-- How does your State select/elect its Electors?
-- Does the United States have National elections or state elections for persons running for Federal office?
(Hint: There is a difference)
-- Does your State have open or closed primaries? Do you know the difference?

Ron Paul is seldom mentioned on television. Even on shows like Steven Colbert. All he talked about was Newt and Mitt. If those are the only choices, we're screwed.

While I agree there is a perception (and perception is everything) that the media isn't paying attention to Ron Paul -- but has it occurred to you that maybe it is because only a small niche of the electorate find him viable to win the Republican primaries?

Honestly, I don't think our votes count for anything. It is just placebo to make us think we have a voice.

The process is actually amazing once you learn it and understand it. At the smallest levels of society and government we have the greatest amounts of democracy. You have the greatest amount of political power if you step out of your box and see that. As we move up the political chain and different levels of office, we introduce more Republican forms of government to offset mob rule and direct democracy.

You are correct -- your vote, when you mark who you want for president does mean nothing; you missed that opportunity when your state selected/elected its electors.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjSuperman
This video highlights the media conspiracy about pre-elected individuals that they want to be president,
They don't care about our votes or about what the public wants at all

I appreciate what we loosely refer to as our 'free press'. Our nation has been sustained on freedom of base information so that 'We the People' could make critical decisions. However, what today passes for that once shining knight of liberty, has tarnished armor and rusty ideals.

Today's Mainstream Media is but a fading shadow of what once was. Information coming from it is no longer reliable. Much of what we read is based on political slant shoved on by a corporate ideology.

So, today when we read that this candidate said this or did that... paid this organization to say this or benefited by their saying another... we have nothing to trust BUT politics. And if we ever wake one day and neglect to see how divisive, how polarizing this brand of politics truly is... we might wake the next and have no liberty and no country at all.

This comment does NOT seek to support or deny any single candidate or party, but rather, to point out how we are played and manipulated by what was once our most valuable resource; the free press... that is neither anymore free or nearly as valuable to us, as those who would play a keyboard at our collective expense.

*sigh*

OP, don't fret a repeat subject post. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands here at ATS that the minimods and thread police don't shut down.

S&F

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Today's Mainstream Media is but a fading shadow of what once was. Information coming from it is no longer reliable. Much of what we read is based on political slant shoved on by a corporate ideology.

MSM reporters today probably all use Google and Facebook for their news and information whose search algorithms tailor their news and search results to the individual. They only end up receiving the information they want to hear and that's what they pass along to us.

Although I intended this response to be facetious and irreverent, ironically I think it may contain some truth. Our own perceptions of the "truth" may also be colored by those same algorithms.

new topics

top topics

join