It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Drink From The Tap!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhyShouldIbelieveYou

Why should I believe you?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ALERT!! ALERT!!

Drinking is not the only problem.

Did you know your body absorbs 8-16 oz of water when you shower through your skin?

I've been drinking distilled for years we need to get filters on our showers.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalietruth
reply to post by Truthrevealed77

I went to the dentist last week only to be advised that fluoride is good for me? Not sure how brainwashed this guy is because I have seen mountains of evidence that suggest otherwise must be institutionialized

Flouride sympathizers (including most ADA dentists, understandably) always throw that out there, that "Flouride" is good for us/the body. It may be topically good for preventing cavities, but that's about it. If anyone noticed, the systems seems to have pushing Flouride even more since the Fukushima incidents, gosh that would make a good thread i think.....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

I never thought this would matter I love a hot shower after work I hope the shower filters are not that expensive just saw the post about Monsanto taking over whole foods. Is that real? I noticed it is not on the top topics now I really hope it is not true.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
www.psychologytoday.com...

Theres been a rise in Intelligence steadily over the course of a 100 years, same with lifespan and health. While Obesity and Diabetes is a increasing problem. Overall fewer people are dying of the common cold and dysentery and major killers like small pox have all but almost been eliminated.

So no people are not getting dumber or sicker.

EDIT: Oh and for fluoride, I think it taste nasty and drink filtered water only.
edit on 2/1/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Where do you think the water you drink from a plastic bottle comes from if not from some municipal water supply? Unless you're actually collecting that water yourself from a spring or well 10 - 1 you're drinking water that came from a tap.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It is seldom that I drink directly from a tap unless I am at a medical appointment out of town and even then I almost always carry a food grade bottle or two of filtered with me in my car or in one of the pockets of a vest I wear.... I am well aware that charcoal filtering is not as thorough as distilling or reverse osmosis but it is affordable and not difficult to do... Just the improvement in taste alone makes using 2 Brita devices, a pitcher and larger box shaped container by filling the pitcher and emptying it a couple of times into the box shaped container with a spigot has been the way we have been doing it for 15 or more years.... Other than water, coffee with evaporated milk and 6 ounces of fruit juice on occasion we might have a beer, glass of wine or a little bourbon.... Sometimes we might have a cold drink if we eat out but that doesn't happen very often... On trips we will buy distilled water at a super market to both drink and make espresso with a Sterno stove on a small stove top espresso maker.... It is very difficult to do much about GM food but we can do something about what we drink even if it isn't 100% free of unwanted chemicals it taste much better.
edit on 1-2-2012 by hypervigilant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

All we have to do is get some organic seeds and grow a garden then hand them out to our neighbors and fellow gardeners. Explain the situation, show proof and pow there you have it all it takes is growing a garden.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SincereSophia

Heirloom seeds are becoming difficult to find and will likely be illegal to posses if Monsanto has their way, which it seems that they generally do.... It is getting hard to find good laying hens and if you can you have to buy a rooster and a hen as a pair... It has been years since I have had freshly killed fried chicken... The factory raised killed and processed birds of today taste nothing like the chickens that were farm raised of 50 years ago.... The same with fruits, vegetables, pork and beef.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I switched to demineralized filtered water 10 years ago. It was right when my daughter's kidney's were shutting down. She has kidney disease. Within a month her kidneys started working again and the doctors were amazed her kidneys were doing suddenly so good. The change in water reversed her condition. My family and cats only drink the filtered water. So yes, I absolutely believe the tap water is what is killing us. I'm in B.C. Canada.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Forgot to add that our vet is pleasantly surprised that our old make kitty is extremely healthy with no health problems at all. He's almost 19 years old. I think it's the filtered water that has kept him healthy.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Thanks for the info. I just use a filter pitcher from Britta (spelling?).

Which one do you use? I had been thinking of getting one, as we just use tap to cook with but we drink the filtered water. I do realize that the stuff is probably being absorbed into the food that is cooked with it, so I had been thinking of getting one, also I plan on moving within a year or so, so I was also going to wait on it.

Sorry to say but those cheap wallmart pitcher filters dont filter much. Most of them only REDUCE 2-4 different chemicals. Their are dozens of chemicals that need to be and can be almost completely removed. In order to filter fluoride out of you water you need fluoride filters. Most of the time fluoride filters do not filter out the dozens of other contaminates so you need a double filtration system or revers osmosis.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Borglikerace
reply to post by Truthrevealed77

I have actually noticed these things. Some of my friends are always depressed and seem tired every day. I am going to see if they drink from the tap, my dad always gets bottled water the nestle pure water and I can see on the back that it contains calcium chloride. I think i may be time to switch the kind of water we buy.

If any thing those bottles are worse. They can add more fluoride then the city. Thats right bottle water company's add fluoride. Your all so drinking allotf BPA (plastic) witch is really bad for you. You can go to a vottle water site and look at what is in their water. Osorka puts more crap in their water then my city does.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join