It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so cold everywhere in the world! Are we experiencing a small Ice Age?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am going to suggest that all of you complaining about the mild winter in the United States this year
count your blessings. Things grow well in warmer climates, and there is plenty of Winter to come - enough to kill the bugs! What we do NOT want is what is happening in Bulgaria, Italy, England, Russia, Northern China, Alaska, and many other places in the world - early onset of our next Dalton Minimum. I encourage any of you who actually think that we will kill Mother Earth before she kills us? go to iceagenow.com. No, I have no interest in this site - it is a wonderfully informative website that will help you understand where we are going. What we do NOT need now is wealth redistribution to the Third World, which is the ENTIRE UN agenda for the degradation of the First World Wealth - YOUR wealth. Today, as you will see, there are ONLY THREE SUNSPOTS. For those of you who understand and have done your research you will know that this has been the trend for TEN YEARS NOW, and this is not good news. Cosmic radiation from the Universe interact with the atmosphere to create clouds - fascinating eh? But true. God is Great and Wonderful. That's a good thing to have clouds and rain. Sunspots and solar activity create a shield around Earth that blocks too much cosmic radiation from forming too many clouds and too much rain - and in Winter, snow. In times of Dalton and Maunder minimums sunspot activity is very, very low. As in since the last ten years through today - and for years to come. It is going to get REALLY cold from now to the next twenty years. Remember the last few Winters and the snows? Well, now the rest of the Northern Hemisphere is getting it worse that us, simply because the Earth's magnetic poles have shifted, specifically in the North more toward Russia, and away from us. Bad for Russia and Europe,good for us!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Its currently almost 70°F here in my part of Missouri in the US. This is usually when we are having some of our coldest days, but the trees are budding out, and the insects are coming out of hiding. I feel bad for the loss of life, but every country has unusually cold spells now and then. This time last year we were dealing with temps almost 20 below zero with the wind chill. Very cold for this part of the country.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Dear ATS society.

It's been definitely cold in Moscow the last four days, night temperatures below -25 -- -29 C for the Moscow Region. And the last day we had winds up to 10 m/s that gave a windchill down to minus thirty three degrees Celsius! Which is rather unusual, the current winds and snow situation is due to what our Meteorologists call a "Squall Line" if I'm correct. We have a huge, gigantic High Pressure ridge coming from North and North East with an ultra-polar invasion. And on the heights we have a strong Low Pressure system stretching with moist air all the way from Iran. I'm not sure I am conveying it scientifically enough for the ATS resident meteorologists.

Suffice to say our water supply froze over today, and I had to torchlight the whole pipe system to have drinkable water. Which is the first time since at least the Seventies. So instead of keeping up my rant I'll provide a link to a NASA Terra satellite image in Visible spectrum. It is showing Western Russia from almost the Kola Peninsula in the North to Black Sea in the South. I can even call the picture "White Hell" I haven't seen such a thing in all my (shortish) life. Here it is, in 250 m/pixel resolution so it's rather large. I'm honestly running out of things to say, so I'll end my rant here. And I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding my post.

From Russia with Love.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Wow it's been a rather "warm" winter for us. I'm from Buffalo NY and it has been unseasonably warm up here. Kinda wacky too. The other day, in the middle of a mini snow storm (which melted the next day) lightening lit up the sky followed by thunder. It was dark at this time so the sudden lightening of the sky was very dramatic. It didn't snow up here really until after christmas (which is weird) and since it snows every couple of days but it never really sticks so it seems to go back and forth. Right now there is no snow in sight, so we'll see when it snows again. Great Post

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

Same thing happened over here in Northwest Indiana. We had a snowstorm one night, and the next night it was melting from the rain. We also had tons of lightning. My husband and I just stared out the window. I just kept thinking that it was strange.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

umm i live in toronto canada and there is not one cm of snow on the ground infact there is no snow anywere!!! however the skys are grey with no sighns of snow or rain for days to come , for some reason the sky is still full plains leaving trails to darkin our skys , no stars at night and no sun in the daytime. it was +9 degrees yesterday thats fall weather not winter for a canadian province, did they not once say (uncle ben) they had a technolodgey called micro wave tech wich can warm up the atmosphere, if this ice age is not man made, in the earths defence they can just set it to quick defrost lol .... whats your take on this ats'rs

sorry for my bad spelling but i realy dont care

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by redsticker
I am going to suggest that all of you complaining about the mild winter in the United States this year
count your blessings. Things grow well in warmer climates, and there is plenty of Winter to come - enough to kill the bugs! What we do NOT want is what is happening in Bulgaria, Italy, England, Russia, Northern China, Alaska, and many other places in the world - early onset of our next Dalton Minimum.

What we have in England would be considered mild in mid winter in a large part of the US - and it's nothing we don;t expect to experience even here every winter. Until this week it's been a very mild winter.

And it's nothing to do with the onset of a Dalton Minimum - any more than the very mild weather in Svalbard, in the Arctic, (which has been warmer than us this week) is.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So we get a few cold days in Europe during Winter and all of a sudden it's a new Ice Age?

Classic ATS....

A more interesting thread should have been about why it has taken until the end of January/February to get cold, but that would have been far too sensible and less senationalist a thread.....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The Ukrainians were complaining about -22C weather, that's nothing compared to here lol. Try going out in -40C, and having your ears freeze into solid ice after 10 minutes of exposure. A hat and full winter gear is a must in these parts, or you're dead.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Its not cold everywhere in the world. Ive lived in Northwest Territories, Canada my entire life. And ive NEVER experienced a winter like this. Its suppose to be plus 2 here on friday. Weve gotten like 4 feet of snow all winter. And not ONCE did it get below -40 C this January. Which is almost unheard of. Im not use to mild winters.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insipid2000
And not ONCE did it get below -40 C this January. Which is almost unheard of. Im not use to mild winters.

Folk in Britain - where our "Siberian Freeze" is expected to lead to temperatures as low as -8c in places tonight - should read that and take note!

Lowest temp I've ever experienced was -16c in December 2010.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insipid2000
And not ONCE did it get below -40 C this January.

Hehe, this guy knows all bout the -40C. But yeah, it has been pretty mild lately. A few weeks back it got to -35 for a few days, then this warm spell hit us.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Why is it so cold everywhere???

It's 52 degrees here in Chicago today........ For early February weather that's very very warm.... Not sure where this idea is coming from...In Chicago we have had one of the warmest winters in sometime...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Are you being sarcastic?

This is the warmest dryest winter in a loonnngggggg time. Everyday I read the news, there's some story about some place in the world that is usually at this time covered in snow, and now is completely dry with people sunbathing in shorts!

In a few places, they've recently had some intense blizzards, but this is the dead of winter for us in So Cal, and we've had no rain or snow, and I walk outside at night in a t-shirt!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here in Norway it is not unusual to expirience around -20 to -24c. Its breen like this the last three years. This year tough, is quite warm. Only -10c. And there is winter here now. Sorry, no ice age! Try wool underwear

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I mentioned why about a month ago when we had the "where did winter go?" threads, as is typical for these situations.

The polar jet streams are collapsing.

Usually they lock up the really cold polar air, but they are weaker now, so the air is rushing down to where it is hot. That's just how air circulation works.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NorwegianTruthHunter

Excuse me to correct you, but I couldn't pass by. You say "Here in Norway". I believe people far from geography would then think that Norway is a country of Polar Bears, eternal ice, and 'Hardingfele' in the streets. Which is not entirely true. Norway, especially the counties of Agder, Telemark, up and down the Southern Coast have a humid ocean climate with mild winters and temperate summers. Due to the ocean's buffer effect and the Gulfstream heat+humidity forcing themselves up the mountains around Bergen. Which is hardly compatible with temperatures below minus ten to fifteen. By your information I would guess you're somewhere in the inner mountains near the Swedish border, or way up north in Finnmark somewhere.

Vennlig hilsen fra en eks-Kristiansander

edit on 2/2/2012 by RumET because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It's winter here and it's been a pretty mild one. I've seen videos on YT indicating that the north pole might be moving but anyone can post just about anything on there so who knows.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Lol ice age? It's just the opposite here. In fact, it has been so warm here in Indiana (US) that it has me really worried about what is going on with the planet!

During January and Feb, temps normally don't get above 30 degrees (F). They are usually in teens or 20s. Well since the beginning of Jan we have had very few of those 20s and no teens yet, and now we are in the coldest month of the year. Well, it was 57 degrees (F) yesterday. We've had many days of 50 or above, sometimes around 60. This is NOT NOT normal. I don't remember in my 36 years of life living through Jan and Feb with temps higher than 30s. What is going on?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join