It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney wins big in Florida presidential primary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Since I know that most people are Romney supporters, I'll just go ahead and wait for someone to reply. I know this because he's getting hundreds of thousands of votes, and is winning states, so that means he has the most supporters, and I'm sure they can't wait to chime in...

....anyone?

I have never met ONE real person who would vote for Romney.

If he is winning so big surely I would have met one.... at least... you would think.... no?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I actually see something else in these numbers...

Romney outspent everyone in Florida by 3 to 1. He poured million upon millions into Florida... and he still couldnt reach the 50% mark.

So what do you think is gonna happen when Obama outspends Romney in the general election??

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Romney outspent everyone in Florida by 3 to 1. He poured million upon millions into Florida... and he still couldnt reach the 50% mark.

So what do you think is gonna happen when Obama outspends Romney in the general election??

The same thing that is going to happen when Obama outspends any of the Republican candidates....Obama is going to win.

The Republican circus has destroyed itself.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Yes, Team Romney carpet bombed Newt with millions $$$ in negative ads and STILL could
not reach 50%.

Newt got 32% of the votes

Not bad at all. On to Nevada.......... Go Newt!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

these numbers pretty much means nothing until people really vote
edit on 2/1/2012 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm curious as to where the Tea Party went?

Surely, the TPM isn't backing Romney...?

Oh I get it, the same Faux news network that used lies and distortions to attack Obama or Democrats the last few years has recently been forced to attack one of their own, using lies and distortions, WTH they even pulled 'ol Glenn Beck out of semi-retirement, so he could break out the blackboard and show us how evil Gingrich is. All the while the TPM has to sit on their hands and play along.

Boy those Fox "News" arguments against Obama-care really ring hollow now, with them forcing their minions to accept Romney as their savior - the same Romney that created Romneycare, the very model on which Obamacare was built. But let's not deny credit to Gingrich and the Heritage Foundation for inventing and advocating the Individual Mandate (which apparently is only evil when part of Obamacare).

Yes, I find the sudden disappearance and odd silence from the Tea Party quite... illuminating. Seems a co-opted movement bought-and-paid for by the 1% knows when to mind it's P's and Q's when nominating the antithesis to their so-called movement.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Which is why Ron Paul should go Independent. Independents are the only ones who haven't destroyed their political stance (credibility) in all of this. Democrats, and Republicans have proven to fail in the past.
edit on 1-2-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

That picture is hilarious!!

WTH they even pulled 'ol Glenn Beck out of semi-retirement, so he could break out the blackboard and show us how evil Gingrich is. All the while the TPM has to sit on their hands and play along.

Really? I have completely stopped watching fox news.
edit on 1-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I agree...the GOP has severely damaged itself...and it's current front runner has no idea how to relate to the average joe...none whatsoever.

He tries really hard every time I see him.....but it always comes out incredibly fake and contrived....not to mention...he has to be the stiffest white dude in the history of stiff white dudes....and I say this as a white dude.

He's like an emotionless robot out there....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I read a comment somewhere on some site that had epitomized the GOP perfectly;

"The GOP didn't just jump the shark - they rocket-sledded over f#$%@ing leviathan..."

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Ron Paul 116,466 7%

Ron Paul supporters are strangely quiet tonight...two last place finishes in a row.

Could it be that they are finally accepting the fact that Paul will not win the nomination???

are you like the atheist of the ron paul world? This thread is clearly about romney yet you cant wait to chime in with something negative about ron paul. Both of us would agree there are enough ron paul threads to do that in.

On topic, i really cant believe how anyone would vote for romney, maybe one of those millions of fans could help me out in that department. Is it really just the corporations that support him, or the mormons. If he is so popular, why couldnt he do better in o eight, he did run in o eight right,

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Mitt Romney has not gotten to 50% in any primary , so far over 50% of voters in every primary have rejected him.
There are no debates this month and Santorum and Newt are broke, but the superpacs will keep them in the race.
Not to support them but to split the votes, they don't want to see a two man race especially in a debate.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Moneybags Romney is the poster boy for everything that is wrong with this country. The fact that he's trying to act like a "middle class fighter" is laughable...in fact...it's damned near insulting.

The man runs on "job creation", but what the "media" needs to start pressing on...is what did he care about the most..

Creating jobs for Americans...or filling his own pockets?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

No matter what Party Paul runs in he simply does not have enough supporters. That is a fact. Even he never expects to win.

He runs Third Party, Obama wins. Do you support Obama? Why do you support Obama? Have you supported Obama all along? (just kidding, chill)

The only way Paul will go Third Party is if he decides to help Obama. He is not dumb, just different.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The same thing that is going to happen when Obama outspends any of the Republican candidates....Obama is going to win.

How did the Republican circus destroy itself, it never will, nor never shall, until this 2 horned one head system implodes upon itself. All the legislation that is written into law is usually written by the Democratic and Republican parties, to benefit themselves. So TPTB ALWAYS need the masses to feel that they have the power of choice called "power of the ballot" when anguished and disgusted in its leadership.

You sir, I would have thought that you figured this out along time ago, however I guess not

I will put it this way and Nathan Rothschild stated.it best "I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, ... The man that controls Britain's moneysupply controls the British Empire.
And I control the money supply."

Thus, America is the newest Imperialist society, and has to be made to look like the land of milk and honey and freedom of choice

Right

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ron Paul 116,466 7%

Ron Paul supporters are strangely quiet tonight...two last place finishes in a row.

Could it be that they are finally accepting the fact that Paul will not win the nomination???

I got something for you to "accept," "pal..."

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akuhei

Originally posted by Mcupobob
7% for paul?

Also whats with the Newt and Rommey always winning with 40-30% of the votes?

Ehh, I'm sure Paul will start taking the west states. Also didn't even know the Florida Primary was yesterday?!?

Anyone know what the next primary be and when?

Florida on the fourth. Let's see what Paul's campaign actually comes down to in a state he bothered to campaign in. *Gets on knees and prays*

Erm, I apologize, by Florida, I meant Nevada. Alcohol does funny things, eh?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

So who are you going with, Newt?

By the way... I'm sure there is a better canidate even if you're of the neo conservative mindset.

Just because the MSM thrusts a canidate out in front of you and says this is the best guy doesn't mean they are. They're probably not. And this is even if you are a hateful sociopath/neoconservative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join