It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney wins big in Florida presidential primary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Mitt Romney cruised to a blowout victory in Florida's Republican presidential primary on Tuesday that put him back in front in the fight for his party's nomination to face President Barack Obama and left chief rival Newt Gingrich reeling but vowing to fight on.

With 70 percent of the vote counted, Romney had 47 percent of the vote to Gingrich's 32 percent in the largest of the four Republican presidential nominating contests so far this year.

Television networks projected Romney as the winner just as the last polls closed in Florida.

Mitt Romney 769,513 46.4%
Newt Gingrich 530,044 31.9%
Rick Santorum 221,767 13.4%
Ron Paul 116,466 7%
Other 21,502 1.3%

This is an awful big lead. I'm thinking TPTB want Romney in the white house. He can make them filthy rich (er filthier richer?) with his ability to creatively destroy companies, or creatively export jobs to other countries... you get the idea.

So what does this say for the future? Does Romney have enough money (er, free speech?) to bring down Obama? Will Romney finally allow corporations to takeover the country and establish a corporatocracy?

(Source)
edit on 31-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Since I know that most people are Romney supporters, I'll just go ahead and wait for someone to reply. I know this because he's getting hundreds of thousands of votes, and is winning states, so that means he has the most supporters, and I'm sure they can't wait to chime in...

I got all night.... *falls asleep*

....anyone?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
CNN is just now saying how mitt romney "softened" his views on immigration...hummm so he flip-flopped for florida because maybe there are a lot of hispanics there? What a crock of sheet...This country sucks..there are just too many stupid people..it seems like mitt robbery flip-flops his views to fit each state..real consistency there..

can someone please give the directions to utopia..i want the hell outta here..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm not a big believer in biblical prophecy, but I remember reading The Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey back in the 1970s, and there was a section on the antichrist. It states that he would be somebody who would suffer what would appear to be a fatal head wound, but miraculously come back, and be like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

The thing is, I read a while ago that Mitt was a missionary in France and was driving there with a carload of people when he crashed. They thought he was dead due to a massive head injury. Sure enough, he's fine and makes a full recovery.

The search function for ATS doesn't seem to want to work for me, otherwise I would find the thread about his car crash long ago.

In any case, he appears to be whom TPTB want as the GOP candidate. I guess it doesn't matter who the main two candidates are, we're screwed either way.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I'm not a Romney supporter so I can't help you out. Just struck me as funny.

The problem with Democracy is everybody gets to vote.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Ron Paul 116,466 7%

Ron Paul supporters are strangely quiet tonight...two last place finishes in a row.

Could it be that they are finally accepting the fact that Paul will not win the nomination???

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Dude relax turbo we are still around.....

To the OP
This thing was rigged for Romney to win before CNN broadcasted it live. It wasn't a petty win either, it was an annihilation, the winning margin for Romney was so big it was very disconcerting to watch, and watching him make his phony victory speech...
......... Ron Pauls banner should say Restore Common Sense
edit on 31-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul will win by a landslide, its a secret agenda to make the others and obama feel like they're going to win something

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think all Paul supporters (and Paul himself) knew this one was coming. Glad they moved their date up and lost some delegates in Florida. We really need to get Paul in. I didn't know how bad our government was for stealing and screwing it's people over until just this year (I mean I knew, but never first hand) and all I can say is we have to shrink this government down.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The dream is dead Paulers!!! Give it up

Now maybe you'll all realize that your vites are pointless

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Well its official this dude said it!
So all wise dude who should we vote for now? We desperately need a finger to point the way!
** its Ron Paul or nothing! So

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Congradulations,,

still watching,,

Maybe they will have too, update this,,,

"Myth #4: All of Joseph Smith's prophecies came to pass."

Curiousier,,and curiousier,,

Congradulations,,

A Canadian.

Me.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

I don't know why people think that. None of us thought he would do well in Florida. He didn't even really campaign there and this year it wasn't that important of a state. It will come down to Romney and Paul.
I think Paul will win a few states too. He is actually using a strategy that you can read about rather than just throwing money at big battleground states.

I meant Romney and Paul. I hope Obama and Paul.
edit on 1-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Ron Paul 116,466 7%

Ron Paul supporters are strangely quiet tonight...two last place finishes in a row.

Could it be that they are finally accepting the fact that Paul will not win the nomination???

One thing about Paul supporters, they will vote for him or won't vote for anyone. They don't care about the Republican party.
Who will you vote for that will turn things around in this country?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo007

No one should care about the parties. They should care about the candidate and the ideas. I mean Romney and Obama are like the same guy. He has finished last in the last two states because they are southern states and it was obvious what was going to happen. I am confident he will win some states and then the race will begin. Both of the southern states went to two different candidates. No reason to worry yet. 46 states and several territories to go.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
7% for paul?

Also whats with the Newt and Rommey always winning with 40-30% of the votes?

Ehh, I'm sure Paul will start taking the west states. Also didn't even know the Florida Primary was yesterday?!?

Anyone know what the next primary be and when?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This country deserves Romney, seriously...
At least he won't be a communist, muslim, communist, muslim.
You guys are fools, the whole lot

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
7% for paul?

Also whats with the Newt and Rommey always winning with 40-30% of the votes?

Ehh, I'm sure Paul will start taking the west states. Also didn't even know the Florida Primary was yesterday?!?

Anyone know what the next primary be and when?

Florida on the fourth. Let's see what Paul's campaign actually comes down to in a state he bothered to campaign in. *Gets on knees and prays*

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Ron Paul 116,466 7%

CNN stated after Romney won Ron Paul could win more states since Newt isn't even added in some of the other states, so its a new interesting strategy.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

a Canadian backing Romney?
Your backing someone who will want more wars? and someone who was for the bailouts??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join