It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Air Force One tapes give insight on Kennedy death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

New Air Force One tapes give insight on Kennedy death

www.bbc.co.uk

The US National Archives has released long-lost recordings of the Air Force One flight back to Washington on the day of John F Kennedy's assassination.

The tapes contain 42 minutes of audio that was not included in the original public version.

Experts say the comments are likely to stir debate among conspiracy theorists, who have long questioned why audio was missing from the official recordings in the first place.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't often post in relation to JFK conspiracy theories but I saw this article on the BBC website tonight and thought I'd pass it on, since the only results I got when doing a few quick searches of ATS based on the title of this news report related to the tapes being found a while ago - not their release online.

I haven't listened to the tapes themselves (since it's my bedtime...), but it looks like you can download MP3 files of the flight deck recordings from the bottom of the Government Print Office webpage at the link below:
www.gpo.gov...

More details are given on the National Archives website:
www.archives.gov...

The recording includes references to new code names and incidents. Among them are a private conversation by head of the Secret Service Jerry Behn about the disposition of the President's body; an expanded conversation about how to remove the body from the plane and where to take it; an urgent effort by an aide to Air Force Chief of Staff Curtis LeMay to reach General Clifton; and attempts to locate various Congressmen from Texas.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

This is the first I've heard Lemay being mentioned (implicated?) in the JFK murder. This might help reveal what really happened.

As an aside,I can't get over how the BBC continuously breaks important news on the US and not a peep from MSM here in the States.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Awesome, cheers for the link. Downloading the MP3 files right now.

This is as authentic a piece of history as you can get your hands on.

Unless the CIA tampered with it of course ; )

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

an aide to

Not Lemay himself. He would have never been on the same plane as the president. Its against security protocol. If the president is ever assassinated you can bet the joint chief is going to be in on the discussion later because it could have been seen as a good time to attack us if not the first shot in an attack.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It really is like listening to history as it was made. Should have been released to the public earlier.

Some of the call names used on the tape:

SAM 26000 - The Presidential aircraft, when the President is not onboard.

Air Force One - The Presidential aircraft, when the President is aboard.

Wayside / SAM 86972 - The State Department aircraft carrying Press Secretary Salinger, Secretary of State Rusk, Secretary of Agriculture Freeman and other Cabinet members and Administration officials.

(At) “Andrews” An “Airman Gilmore” answers for Andrews AFB throughout the tape and appears to be the central player attempting to facilitate all “patches.”

"Liberty" station at Collins Radio HQ station at Cedar Repids

“Command Post” - Command Post’s location is never specified.

“Air Force Command Post” - Air Force Command Post’s location is never specified.

“SAM Command Post” - SAM Command Post’s location is never specified.

“Crown” - White House Situation Room.

jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I actually saw this on CNN, or maybe one of the other MSM networks, last night. I agree that you find lots of interesting stuff from foreign press, more and more with the entertainmification of MSM news in the US, but it has been out in the US for more than 24 hours now.

I think it's pretty interesting that Lemay shows up, especially given his outspoken political enmity with Kennedy. On whatever program I saw last night, they said they weren't even sure if the Warren Commission had heard these exchanges.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

entertainmification

Dude,that word is awesome! It couldn't better define the MSM.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Some of the call names used on the tape:

Thanks for posting that list of call names. That should make it easier to understand the recording.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

No problem, here's an updated list of the names/call signs:

SAM = Special Air Mission

AIR FORCE ONE - The Presidential aircraft, when the President is aboard.
SAM 86972 - The State Department aircraft...carrying Cabinet members and Administration officials.
(AT) ANDREWS - Andrews AFB
LIBERTY - the party controlling radio frequency assignments,"the Fish Bowl" at Collins HQ, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
COMMAND POST - Command Post’s location is never specified.
AIR FORCE COMMAND POST - Air Force Command Post’s location is never specified.
SAM COMMAND POST - SAM Command Post’s location is never specified.
CROWN - White House Situation Room.

Updates:

GRANDSON - General LeMay
WAYSIDE - Pierre Salinger, Press Secretary--aboard SAM 86972, returning from Honolulu
VOLUNTEER - Lyndon B. Johnson, President--aboard AF-1
WATCHMAN - General Clifton--aboard AF-1
WITNESS - Captain Shephard
LACE - Mrs. Kennedy--aboard AF-1
DAGGER - Rufus Youngblood, V-P Secret Service Agent--aboard AF-1
VALLEY - The Elms - 4040 52nd St., N.W. [residence of the Johnsons]
VENUS - Luci Johnson
VICTORIA - Mrs. Lyndon Johnson--aboard AF-1
WING - General McHugh--aboard AF-1
SLUGGER - Captain Stoughton
WARRIOR - Mr. Kilduff--aboard AF-1
WINNER - Mr. Hatcher--at The White House
TANKER - Colonel Cook
TIGER - Colonel Swindall, pilot AF-1
Duplex - Jerry Behn, White House SAIC, Secret Service--at the White House
Stranger - Unidentified
Andy - Andrews Air Force Base, usually called "Andrews"
Digest - Roy Kellerman, Secret Service Agent--aboard AF-1

www.starbacks.ca...

The linked site also has an edited transcript. According to one source, there are 5 1/2 hours of tape recordings, but only a little over 2 hours of actual audio has been released so far as per your OP.

top topics

join