It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hive Mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is the hive mind ultimately the goal of not only freemasonry but also every other institution since time began? just a wiki search reveals how many representations exist in the media. almost every religion and belief system seeks to recruit all to their mindset, all others are labeled as profane, infidels, heathen, goyim etc. is not this the lowest form of peer pressure? and ultimately the goal of having everyone being the same leads to intellectual stagnation, no free thought, no individualism, no breaking boundaries, no growth.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The hive mind is the ultimate form of the internet.

"resistance is futile."

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There are forces that emphasize the collective.

There are forces that emphasize the individual.

Then there are forces that support individual and collective matters. Like in a puzzle, not everyone need be the same to fit into the overall structure. Like in sports, where you need a team-spirit as well as a few individualists.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Just yesterday, here at ATS a member posted a video he thought was funny.
Then he asked for opinions. I didn't think it was so, as he had asked, I replied that I didn't.
He replied that everyone ELSE did and what was wrong with me.
That seemed a bit hive mindish to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Do not misunderstand bees; they are not all alike.

not borg.

The hive mind is the Mind of the hive.

The Great Wheel of Samsara.
The Wheel of the Law [Dhamma].
The Wheel of the Taro.
The Wheel of the Heavens.
The Wheel of Life.
All these Wheels be one; yet of all these the Wheel of
the TARO alone avails thee consciously.
Meditate long and broad and deep, O man, upon this
Wheel, revolving it in thy mind
Be this thy task, to see how each card springs
necessarily from each other card, even in due order
from The Fool unto The Ten of Coins.
Then, when thou know'st the Wheel of Destiny
complete, mayst thou perceive THAT Will which
moved it first. [There is no first or last.]
And lo! thou art past through the Abyss.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the hive goal is that there be a hive.

So offer say a hundred different "paths" because some will fail and some will be more successful.

Eventually, perhaps one path may be the grand ultimate superior ( lol titles) hive builder.

The path most widely accepted, most generally agreed upon, the path that wins the popularity contest.

Then maybe, maybe all men will be of one mind, one accord, one will.

Not as long as I am still alive.

I like individuals.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
People may only obliquely talk of the hivemind to avoid talking about how they see it being a lens for their own purposes. We infer that the hivemind talks obliquely. To itself. About others.

A sign of schizophrenia, or a reason for schizophrenia?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

It would require 1 queen not many global leaders and religious leaders, just 1 brain more less..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

When I get home tonight I'll have to remember to post a piece from the 3 degree lecture that talks about the beehive. A quick paraphrase is that we should be industrious, never giving way to sloth, and nowhere does it say we should be of one mind or a drone to the Fraternity.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
as with your example of Freemasonry, it does not require that every man be a part, only the good men who want to be a part. And Hive mind would suggest that there is only one though process with many workers, that is opposite of a democratic society. Many thoughts, many outcomes, with one goal.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That number 1 keeps coming up...subtle but it keeps showing itself.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

1 goal. to make good men better.

It is just that simple.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Go's along with that word "we".

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

It's monitorial. Here, in its entirety:

The Bee Hive

Is an emblem of industry, and recommends the practice of that virtue to all created beings, from the highest seraph in heaven to the lowest reptile of the dust. It teaches us that, as we came into the world endowed as rational and intelligent beings, so we should ever be industrious ones; never sitting down contented while our fellow creatures around us are in want, when it is in our power to relieve them, without inconvenience to ourselves.

When we take a survey of nature, we view man in his infancy, more helpless and indigent than the brute creation; he lies languishing for days, months and years, totally incapable of providing sustenance for himself, or guarding against the attack of the wild beasts of the field, or sheltering himself from the inclemencies of the weather.

It might have pleased the great Creator of heaven and earth to have made man independent of all other beings; but, as dependence is one of the strongest bonds of society, mankind were made dependent upon each other for protection and security, as they thereby enjoy better opportunities of fulfilling the duties of reciprocal love and friendship. Thus was man formed for social and active life; the noblest part of the work of God; and he that will so demean himself as not to be endeavoring to add to the common stock of knowledge and understanding, may be deemed a drone in the hive of nature, a useless member of society, and unworthy of our protection as Masons.
*source

Essentially, that last paragraph is saying that every member of the hive is responsible for making the hive better... You think "hive mind" as a bad thing, but if a man "endeavors to add to the common stock of knowledge and understanding", then he has taught the tribe and thus, been a productive member. Don't confuse that with the drones…
edit on 2012.1.31 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ties in with the slogan "for the greater good" ???

Or how about "the ends justify the means"???

I cannot with a happy heart agree with any form of sacrificing any individual for the cause.

Mob rule is what this all sounds like to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Mob rule is what this all sounds like to me.

You contradict yourself, mob rule would be the opposite of a hive mind.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Among the histories of the Sipapu (the Pueblo Indians/Anasazi - "our ancestors came out of a hole in the ground") there is kind of hive mentality. During the time they were under-ground they were 'taught' by the 'ant people.' They developed a sort of watchfulness within their culture wherein they would look for deviations from 'normal' behavior and root them out. These observations come from outsider historians because the Sipapu themselves are and remain very secretive even about their language so they cannot be taken as fact.

Another example of hive mentality, to me, would be the 'legions' of dark forces. These are what we call the cults of our days. There is the leader and there really isn't anyone else.

Communism is an attempt at hive in that there is the State and there is no one else.

Global domination is the ultimate hive, earth-wise, in that there is the dominator and there is no one else. Individual life becomes collateral damage or energy units to move the machine.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
Another example of hive mentality, to me, would be the 'legions' of dark forces. These are what we call the cults of our days. There is the leader and there really isn't anyone else.

Communism is an attempt at hive in that there is the State and there is no one else.

Global domination is the ultimate hive, earth-wise, in that there is the dominator and there is no one else. Individual life becomes collateral damage or energy units to move the machine.
I would disagree with those interpretations. Cults are ultimately about the leader—hives are about the collective.

Communism is about the State—hives are about the people.

Global domination is the ultimate anti-hive. The ability to self-govern, without charismatic leaders, corrupt politicians, tyrants or popes, is the ultimate hive.

Again, just my opinion…
edit on 2012.1.31 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i guess if you are trying to build a hive you would want it to be a good one.

of course when a hive grows from overpopulations then does this "good hive" seek to invade other hives? invade their turf for more food/water etc?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

if you look at nature, a hive has one goal. Survive. Everyone works for the common goal.
I have a feeling you are just poking the bee hive to see if you can piss off the hornets, but I will play along.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join