It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece wipes out Citizens Debt!! Tells Bankers to suck it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

ya, I can see why we're in such a mess also....
with banks not giving a darn if a loan could be repaid or not because, well, they know they are gonna turn around and flip the note that afternoon and weather or not it's paid is gonna be some one's else's headache!!!

just how many times should a person have to pay for their house??
one...you hopefully pay the mortgage....
two, they sell that mortgage to you IRA account, you pay for it again...
three, they go crying to the gov't and get a bailout...you pay again...
and four....people start losing the homes and the banks take them back, sell them for whatever price because they don't care, and then turn around and sue the person for the difference!!!

yep, poor, poor banks!!! who never had the money to loan you to begin with!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

So when the banks crash our economy completely like they did in Greece. Your taxes get raised in "austerity measures"" So you run out of money and then you're laid off. Chose one...car payment or food?

You're still blaming this on THE PEOPLE of Greece. They didn't crash their own economy, the banks did, and its coming to YOUR doorstep. They have no money to pay their debts, are they supposed to magically create money out of thin air to pay it?
They aren't a central bank, they cant do that you know or get thrown in jail for counterfeiting .

You really need to study why the world is in a depression. It isn't because of "the people not wanting to pay their debts" as you say. It's because the banks are crashing the word economy by make bad bets on derivatives through the tax payers money.

The banks love people with your mindset though, keep up the good work being a slave to the people that are destroying the world!

edit on 2/1/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

The people as well as the banks are EQUALLY at fault here......

Greece had HUGE investment to run the Olympics a few years back......
For example..... they invested billions of Euro's in developing a smart underground network with plently of flat screen TV's and other luxuries to show case to the world the Capital city........ it cost half a Billion (? i stand to be corrected possibly) and they gave it FREE OF CHARGE to the citizens whom have ''honesty boxes'' for donations....... In todays world they recoup in total around 40 million on against an annual running cost of at least double that.........

The Greek people feel that retirement with benefits is a given right at 55 years of age when we in the UK retire at 65 and the Germans the same......

Many Greek homes avoided paying taxation on property developments by not finishing build work, ie the back porch or some other minor detail........

You see 'mnmcadiz' ..... people will try and avoid responsibilities but scream BLUE murder when they have to 'pay the piper'.......

My WHOLE point on this thread is that WE ALL have to look at ourselves and ACCEPT that we are not as rich or as clever as we think...whether we are a blood sucking Banking and finance tosser or an everyday 'Joe public'....

There are many other examples in Greece of Tax avoidance both up and down the scale - and i guess the same is true elsewhere too BUT i am sick of people thinking we can just borrow at will, without care and then blame someone else...... its pathetic..grow some balls..

PDUK

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I understand alot of the anger in the thread.

I mean, if i take a loan and buy a Lambourgini
and al of a sudden that loan is written off..

Then i get a Lambourgini for free....

LOL

That is pissing of alot of ppl...Cause we cant have that can we...

If i can do it so should everyone else..Right?!?!?
Jelaousy or how its spelled, you know..The green
eyed monster living in all of us...He would be MAAAAD
man im telling you....Pissed of wouldnt even begin to
describe the anger....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Here's the Real Greece...........

www.bbc.co.uk...

Writing off debts does NOT solve the issue............ A 'DE-Leveraging' of assest, wealth and everything is required.......... not just here but everywhere in the West and beyond...That includes you AMERICA !! and you too Germany.....

PDUK

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
i own a small service based business and over the last 13 years i have amassed about 14,000 that is owed to me that i will never see. i have never gone after the people for not paying me mainly because doing so would not make me happy, but it surely would bring hardship to them.

that doesn't make what they have done right, but we have to start somewhere, you know, what comes around goes around.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Exactly. Great point.
When the banks stand to lose, it is mainstream news. The rest of us, no one really cares that much.
I have a small business as well. I have had hundreds of thousands of dollars that were never paid to me over the last twenty years. I have had equipment stolen. There are some tools available to help you collect, and occasionally you get a stolen piece back, but overall, 90% or more is gone for good.
At least in OUR case, we performed a service or lost REAL goods. The banks just made an entry into a ledger and started collecting interest. With that interest money they purchased income producing bonds or other more income producing PAPER. How many times can they make money off of a ledger entry?
Well, it collapsed. Send the help home. Stop asking us to bail you out.
In fact, bring out the guillotines.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You do realize, the money you are speaking
about doesent really exist in the real world..
They are just digits in a computer....

Watch the Zitegist movie, a real eyeopener...

And i would rather money dissapeard...
Dont need them...All we need are
computers...Right?!?!?
edit on 2012/2/1 by Miccey because: Mheee

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The govt owes me!

My mortgage is with Northern Rock, if the govt had not stepped in Northern Rock would have gone bust and I would be mortgage free!

Swines!

I am now in negative equity though put down a 25% deposit!

Ways I see it, given all the interest I have paid since 2007 I (and anyone else in a similar predicament) should be allowed to sell their property and the lenders would just have to accept what you get for the property, regardless of the size of mortgage

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I cant beleive people could be angry because someone has their debt written off. Whatever happened to people sticking together for the good of all. I would not like to see anyone suffer with debt while taking the high ground that I have been careful with my money. Writing off debt will free people from tyrany of the banks and governments.

Money is a lie, no bank has the physical capital to cash it all in meaning that the banks are printing free money for them and lowering the value of our money at the same time! They print money they dont have and we see peoples homes being sized when it all goes titsup while the fat bankers keep their fraud ridden bonuses (that usualy isnt taxed btw). It sheer fraud at a massive scale and were all going allong with it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott495

well said

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I just read every American owes the Government $189,000. I can't pay that. I wonder if a bankruptcy court would wipe out my personal debt to the government?

Yeah, and when they recently bailed out wall street, instead of dumping a trillion dollars into an abyss, they could have paid every citizen around $50,000. Imagine how that would have really helped, and many people would've been able to keep their homes/businesses, etc...

Just take a look at this ticking time bomb known as the US debt:

Debt Clock

Notice the current debt per person..... ITS OVER A MILLION PER FAMILY !
edit on 1-2-2012 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by spav5
I don't understand why it would piss anyone off if all debt is erased..(barring any economic ramifications of this)..why would it piss you off just because you are not in debt? You wouldn't all of the sudden be in debt.

I want a nice telescope... If I had one It would not be diminished in anyway if every person on the planet also had one.

People and their desire for needless suffering of others..I just don't get it.

Peace

Spav5 ?

My point is that I could have QUITE EASILY gone into Debt (more than most actually) and ''hoped'' that everything would be OK.... I would have several houses now and been renting them all out to cover the costs etc etc hoping that Capital appreciation would keep increasing their value endlessly........

I'm Sorry but I could see back in 2007 that it just could not carry on and that is why I sold my properties then and turned my assests liquid then......... I don't have enough to retire..in fact i am starting a new business soon because I need to work.......

BUT my pissed off(ness) comes from the fact that why should people have Debts they created - written off YET be allowed to keep the assest that those debts represent !!

If that is the case then we should ALL hand everything back in and it should ALL be equally divided out to everyone and the system should start again.........

I for one whould happily do that to create a better society but i guess most wouldn't..

PDUK

Exactly....why not everyone share everything on this planet equally..we would all have more than you have ever had in your life. Me as well. And most people reading this right now.

My point is..how does absolving other people's debt affect you now..It wouldn't..Does your peace of mind come from the fact that others have it worse?

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i own a small service based business and over the last 13 years i have amassed about 14,000 that is owed to me that i will never see. i have never gone after the people for not paying me mainly because doing so would not make me happy, but it surely would bring hardship to them.

that doesn't make what they have done right, but we have to start somewhere, you know, what comes around goes around.

tell me about it! my 12th year in business, however i will not divulge the amount totally owed (more than you) to me from corporations,old person who popped their clogs during ongoing work,genuine skint in-need people and those that just want to shaft you! one must just bite ones lip and plough on. still, no regrets.
f.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The UK government recently bailed out the banks again with an injection of 70billion whilst cut backs affect everyone else. The reason was supposedly to improve the liquidity of banks. Funnily enough there would have been a much more effective method : instead of handing 70billion to banks directly hand 70 billion to banks indirectly by paying off the non mortgage debt every UK citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The effect would have been far more profound with peoples disposable income increasing rapidly and thus the money circulating in the economy (demand DUH) would increase and thus promote extra output and thus increase UK growth. If this was done with a rule that anybody having their debt paid off could not take out credit for say 5 years (no hardship anyway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) then the extra money would circulate around the economy for 5 years.

But no, lets hand the millionaire bankers billions to stash away so it only shows up their balance sheets and thus enable them to claim they deserve millions of pounds of bonus payments.....DUH!!! The biggest DUH is for the morons who vote for these banking loving Tory idiots. Im sure fred the shred is losing sleep at losing his knighthood whilst still receiving his massive pension.....yeah right!!! People are sooooo gullable.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The system is f'd up. That's what this tells me. In my opinion, there should be a government based loan system where no interest is charged. I mean ffs when i loan a friend 20 bucks because they are broke until payday i don't say, " well you will owe me an extra 5% on top of that just because im nice enough to loan you some money" The government is in place to serve citizens not the bankers. The system needs an overhual and the corrupt individuals need exiled.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Exactly. Great point.
When the banks stand to lose, it is mainstream news. The rest of us, no one really cares that much.
I have a small business as well. I have had hundreds of thousands of dollars that were never paid to me over the last twenty years. I have had equipment stolen. There are some tools available to help you collect, and occasionally you get a stolen piece back, but overall, 90% or more is gone for good.
At least in OUR case, we performed a service or lost REAL goods. The banks just made an entry into a ledger and started collecting interest. With that interest money they purchased income producing bonds or other more income producing PAPER. How many times can they make money off of a ledger entry?
Well, it collapsed. Send the help home. Stop asking us to bail you out.
In fact, bring out the guillotines.

you're correct, we lost real goods and time, they have lost key strokes. if you look at the bailouts and add in the credit swaps (i think that's what they're called) you will see the US Fed dolled out 26 trillion on and off shore for bailouts. that's 250,000 per family in America.

does anyone think we would be in a recession if they would have given that to the US citizens, hell no we wouldn't. instead they gave us the bill for it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
The system is f'd up. That's what this tells me. In my opinion, there should be a government based loan system where no interest is charged. I mean ffs when i loan a friend 20 bucks because they are broke until payday i don't say, " well you will owe me an extra 5% on top of that just because im nice enough to loan you some money" The government is in place to serve citizens not the bankers. The system needs an overhual and the corrupt individuals need exiled.

I actually think Gadaffi's regime offered such an interest free loan scheme

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Why be pissed? How is someone receiving a forgiveness a harm to you. It does not affect you at all. This is the same attitude as the brother of the prodigal son.

Pissed because I have gone without whilst others have had it all and more and not worried about how to pay for any of it ??

They have lived without care and People like me have done without because we see and understand responsibility and values.......

Cancelling debts is rewarding blind stupidity and ignorance.....neither of which make for a society worth living or being part of .......

PDUK

Get over it!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is going to be really interesting. Thanks for the post.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Why be pissed? How is someone receiving a forgiveness a harm to you. It does not affect you at all. This is the same attitude as the brother of the prodigal son.

This is fundamental economics. If the bank cannot collect the $$$ it lent to the other person, it has to get it back somehow. They're not in the business of just giving away money - they have an obligation to their shareholders to not only get the principal returned, but a reasonable return on the investment.

So, where do they get it from? From higher interest rates (and more bank fees!) on customers who do in fact pay their debts. In other words, the people who pay their debts are also paying the defaulted debts. Your "pissed" person is paying some other deadbeat's debt. That's why he's pissed.

It also makes it harder for the other non-defaulting folks to get loans in the first place, because lending standards are tightened if the banks fear more defaults. So money becomes less available for purchases and businesses and investments.

Which is why we are in the mess we are in today - from too many defaults on bad home loans (more complicated, of course, but this is the nutshell version)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join