It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece wipes out Citizens Debt!! Tells Bankers to suck it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

You will be angry if its true and gives others a balance of positive moral in their lives for the better? you are mentally ill!! IMO, why would you say that??

Good day, and I pray for you tonight friend, but still sick...

I say good for them and I hope americans do the same soon with pressure on those who are selfish to better the world beyond closest , ETC....
edit on 31-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: added last line

edit on 31-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Added a lil love

On the lighter side, no pun intended, your from the UK, I get it now.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by micmerci

Why be pissed? How is someone receiving a forgiveness a harm to you. It does not affect you at all. This is the same attitude as the brother of the prodigal son.

Pissed because I have gone without whilst others have had it all and more and not worried about how to pay for any of it ??

They have lived without care and People like me have done without because we see and understand responsibility and values.......

Cancelling debts is rewarding blind stupidity and ignorance.....neither of which make for a society worth living or being part of .......

PDUK

Errrrr, enjoy paying back that $189k you owe for the Government's spending spree.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
All this debt in the world has caused such a deep economic hole no country will be able to climb out of it. If the worlds economy collapses. there will be pandemonium around the world. People will starve because food prices will sky rocket, the cost of gas will become so high, the average person won't be able to afford to drive their cars to work. It will be total anarchy and the end of civilization as we know it.

Governments around the world will have no other option than to declare worldwide loan forgiveness. The slate will have to be wiped clean and balanced budget laws will have to be enacted by every government in the world. It will anger those who have always lived within their means, but what other choice would the governments of the world have? There will be winners and losers, and unfortunately the people who stayed out of debt will end up being the losers.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Zeitgeist: Addendum

Whatch it
its quite cool....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't understand why it would piss anyone off if all debt is erased..(barring any economic ramifications of this)..why would it piss you off just because you are not in debt? You wouldn't all of the sudden be in debt.

I want a nice telescope... If I had one It would not be diminished in anyway if every person on the planet also had one.

People and their desire for needless suffering of others..I just don't get it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

i understand what your saying, but what about people that had a death in the family and the only way to afford the expenses would be to get a lone, or if a family member breaks a bone, or has to get surgery, a lot of people don't have money for that stuff just laying around. i think they should at least get some of it written off if they are having trouble paying for it.

i don't think people that get loans for material things deserve a write off though.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patchman

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
This story .IF TRUE........ really pisses me Off

Because.............

I have been sensible and careful with the money i have.........

I have NOT borrowed excessively or put myself in DEBT but if all thats going to happen is that those whom can't control themselves today or over the past decade get REWARDED by having their debt (and Responsibilities) written off then that is just UNFAIR on people like me......

I will be very annoyed and angry if true..

PDUK

being angry isnt going to really accomplish anything? and congrats on being part of the 1% of people who dont have debt.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Patchman because: (no reason given)

PatchMan

Cheap jibe....... I never said I had NO debts but I did say that I had been carfeul and sensible and kept any borrowings to a bare minimum........ I have always been RESPONSIBLE.. both financially and personnally.... something which many others don't seem able to be or don't want to be... therein lies part of the problem....!!

I was brought up that way in the 80's and obviously my Parents taught me well....

I, like you would probably agree the system is broken and my 'annoyance' is with the fact that nothing appears to be changing because everyone is too Scared to try and look at radical alternatives.....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSinFull

i understand what your saying, but what about people that had a death in the family and the only way to afford the expenses would be to get a lone, or if a family member breaks a bone, or has to get surgery, a lot of people don't have money for that stuff just laying around. i think they should at least get some of it written off if they are having trouble paying for it.

i don't think people that get loans for material things deserve a write off though.

Miss S

I agree with your sentiment on the point you make.......... you would hope that a caring society would tend to it's citizens in time of need.......... In the UK the NHS does try to do just that but in the USA (land of the free?) and alot of the west then its all about business business business..........

That make money attitude at whatever the social cost is what alot of people are now waking up to and seeing as wrong.........
Top directors of companies JUST EXPECTING to recieve large payments because they always have done in the good times are dinosaur attitudes which only they seem to think are still fair...........

We need to stop this madness and ''reboot'' the whole system ...

PDUK

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Look at the bigger picture.

The banks lure in people that they know cannot pay these debts. The people are led to accumulate this debt by the promise of the "American Dream" (read: to own more stuff than your neighbor, even if you can't afford it!) and obviously, the banks profit off of this misery. I'm sure it's a similar dream in other countries as well.

Keep doing what you're doing. My hope is that if the debt is written off for these folks, that they "get the hint" and stop borrowing money they can't pay back.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I don't understand why it would piss anyone off if all debt is erased..(barring any economic ramifications of this)..why would it piss you off just because you are not in debt? You wouldn't all of the sudden be in debt.

I want a nice telescope... If I had one It would not be diminished in anyway if every person on the planet also had one.

People and their desire for needless suffering of others..I just don't get it.

Peace

Spav5 ?

My point is that I could have QUITE EASILY gone into Debt (more than most actually) and ''hoped'' that everything would be OK.... I would have several houses now and been renting them all out to cover the costs etc etc hoping that Capital appreciation would keep increasing their value endlessly........

I'm Sorry but I could see back in 2007 that it just could not carry on and that is why I sold my properties then and turned my assests liquid then......... I don't have enough to retire..in fact i am starting a new business soon because I need to work.......

BUT my pissed off(ness) comes from the fact that why should people have Debts they created - written off YET be allowed to keep the assest that those debts represent !!

If that is the case then we should ALL hand everything back in and it should ALL be equally divided out to everyone and the system should start again.........

I for one whould happily do that to create a better society but i guess most wouldn't..

PDUK

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

I love your posts where you take the moral high ground. In a country that maims kids so they can earn more begging on the streets...........and has a caste system...........i could go on but your hypocracy speaks for itself.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is fantastic news and will be followed by other countries. I wrote a blog on this before and i honestly believe that the way ahead for all is hindered by pure selfish greed by those determined to continue with their lives of luxury.

I have my own prediction for the near future and will be writing a thread in relation to this.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD

You will be angry if its true and gives others a balance of positive moral in their lives for the better? you are mentally ill!! IMO, why would you say that??

Good day, and I pray for you tonight friend, but still sick...

I say good for them and I hope americans do the same soon with pressure on those who are selfish to better the world beyond closest , ETC....
edit on 31-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: added last line

edit on 31-1-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: Added a lil love

On the lighter side, no pun intended, your from the UK, I get it now.

AK907ICECOLD

Pray for Me ??

Yet Another deluded North American who relies on God to solve their problems.........oh please....... save yourself and don't worry about me............. one question I have is are you Democrat or Republican or other ? That answer will tell me alot about your mental health.....

Mentally Ill is a strong term to use with someone whom you do not know........... actually quite a slanderous comment really, to accuse someone of, just because they have a different perspective to yours ??

I suggest you stop sucking on raw fish and grow some personal Responsibility, a trait lacking from many in todays world....

PDUK

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

So you think mortgages are a bad thing? That's a "lifestyle" debt as you said...

You do realize there's this legal thing called bankruptcy.

Since people can't pay back their loans then what should they do? Be thrown in jail or be indentured servants until their master says they payed them back?

You do realize the Greek financial crisis is because of the banks signing the people on to trillions of garbage derivatives? Which then cut Greek pensions in and more and more "austerity measures" to pay back the same banks that KNOWINGLY signed them onto bad bets? You realize the whole thing is a giant scam?
edit on 2/1/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Why be pissed? How is someone receiving a forgiveness a harm to you. It does not affect you at all. This is the same attitude as the brother of the prodigal son.

Personally, I prefer the Leviticus 25 solution. Cancel all debts every 7 years.
edit on 1-2-2012 by CharlesMartel because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

I'm kind of the same, lived within my means until the crash, lost loads of work and ended up in debt, have just spent the last 2 years clearing the debt, went without everything except the basics, food, water, power etc. So yeah it's kind of a big F*** up the @rse to the rest of us

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

my grandma raised a son up, without the aide of her husband, during the depression.....
I kind of got my financial sense from her.

after she died, we were tasked with the job of clearing out her house. she was a seamstress, as was her sister, her mother, and probably on down the line....
well, there were trunks and boxes of rolled up fabric pieces in just about every room of the house! and well, we soon found out that some of those rolls held treasure!!! and well, we ended up having to unroll every one of them just to make sure.

moral of the story.....it's the people who trust others to hold their wealth that get screwed the most when the economy goes bust.

right now, I would consider the person who is going into debt a little to stock up on necessities and invest in silver, or even rolling their extra cash up in pieces of fabric smarter than the ones throwing their money into the IRA accounts and wall street!!!

personally, my family was doing rather well till a bunch of bankers went into congress and told them there would economic doom and gloom unless they were given a ton of money!! and well, if you want to know the truth.....
the money the banks loaned out...
they didn't have, it didn't come from your IRA account, it didn't come from people's saving accounts, it didn't come from their profits!!!
it was created, when you signed the note for the loan!!!

supposedly, canada only has something like a $500-$600 billion in circulation, and yet, the amount of outstanding loans, just business loans is over a trillion dollars...
now, let's assume that the same is true for the american banks.....just to make a point here....
should the fed just double the amount of money in circulation and hence, cut the value of my paycheck in half....(got to tell ya here, if I had to go it alone, just the rent for the cheapest crappy little efficiency apartment would eat up close to half my paycheck!!)...and well, then you can forget about us paying on our mortgage???

or just what do you propose be done???

but, like I said my family was doing good till it all blew up!! hubby was working overtime, all the kids had jobs, heck one had even flown the coop!!! and ya know what...
I am a little ticked off myself here!!! it seems like my kids have been put in limbo, I watch them keep applying for the jobs, any job!! running to interviews, ect....and well, if they do manage to snag one, it's through a temp agency and lasts just long enough for them to invest a little into what they need to keep the job, and then it's gone!!

the banks were paid off through the bailouts!!! then well when the people can't pay on the mortgage, they take the house, and sell it, then when they can't sell it for what is owed, well, they go after the people demanding the rest of the money.....and they get paid again!!!! the assessors at the time the loan was made were being black balled if they didn't over assess the homes, the bankers were keeping shoddy records and took poor care with the collateral (the homes) and now, well, who knows just who owns what!!! so, well, with no proof of ownership, they end up having to hire robosigners to commit fraud just to repo the homes!!!!

yep, your right, it's all the fault of the people who borrowed the money!!! yep, yep, yep, if it wasn't for those danged irresponsible slackers out there, what they were doing would have never been put under a microscope and they could have continued on inflating the values of the homes, screwing up the paperwork of the collateral involved which I still think in the end is gonna effect the value of just about every house in america much more than it's been affected to date (because well, when it comes time to resell your home and they do a title search, well is it gonna come out that the dear banks screwed it up with their many undocumented transfers of title??)

ya know what, until I see some accountability on the part of the banks in this mess, I think I will take my granny's approach to life.....
and stash my savings up in various insane places in my home!! and laugh when the gov't comes and takes the IRA's from the stupid people who've thought it was safe to put their money there!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
To prove just how reckless banks are at giving out money to just about anyone, i have a little story.

I used to live in a supported housing scheme for vulnerable adults a few years back. One of my flat mates who suffers with Schizophrenia, his only income being Disabilty Benefits, walked into a well known high street bank and asked for a loan. He divulged all his information to them, including his Diagnosis, his Disiabilty Benefits, they credit checked him and it came up as good. A £5000 loan was put in his acccount that very day.

Now tell me, how ethical it is to get a severly mentally ill person living on Disibilty Benefits in serious debt? They knew all his circumstances, they knew he would likely find it difficult to keep up with the payments and interest. Yet they still gave him the money anyway.

Pretty screwed up really.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

So you think mortgages are a bad thing?
That's a "lifestyle" debt as you said...

You do realize there's this legal thing called bankruptcy.

Since people can't pay back their loans then what should they do? Be thrown in jail or be indentured servants until their master says they payed them back?

You do realize the Greek financial crisis is because of the banks signing the people on to trillions of garbage derivatives? Which then cut Greek pensions in and more and more "austerity measures" to pay back the same banks that KNOWINGLY signed them onto bad bets? You realize the whole thing is one huge scam right?

edit on 1/31/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

Buying a house that is more than you can afford....YES. That IS lifestyle debt. Buying a modest house you CAN afford...that is responsible.

As for bankruptcy, it doesn't wipe out ALL debts. Also, I think that using bankruptcy to wipe out lifestyle debt is just as wrong as the situation in Greece. Just because it is legal doesn't make it right.

I thought we were talking about one case where one person's debt was summarily wiped clean by the court.....not about the entire Greek economic mess. I know they are connected, but my comments were initially directed at supporting someone who had made a comment about not feeling like someone should be rewarded for poor choices by having these debts removed. Greek or not Greek--I was and still am discussing the principal of the thing.

Personally, I can see WHY we are in such a mess, if so many people think, "to heck with paying this money back! I don't have to because it's not even real money!"

See, I don't agree with that mindset. Maybe you think it's foolish, but I believe in honoring your debts. Or not going into massive debt in the first place.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

So when the banks crash our economy completely like they did in Greece. Your taxes get raised in "austerity measures"" So you run out of money and then you're laid off. Chose one...car payment or food?

You're still blaming this on THE PEOPLE of Greece. They didn't crash their own economy, the banks did, and its coming to YOUR doorstep. They have no money to pay their debts, are they supposed to magically create money out of thin air to pay it?
They aren't a central bank, they cant do that you know or get thrown in jail for counterfeiting .

You really need to study why the world is in a depression. It isn't because of "the people not wanting to pay their debts" as you say. It's because the banks are crashing the word economy by make bad bets on derivatives through the tax payers money.

The banks love people with your mindset though, keep up the good work being a slave to the people that are destroying the world!

edit on 2/1/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join