It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little poll for registered US voters.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I assume you've ignored all the polling.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I assume you've ignored all the polling.

Why don't you add some VALUE to your threads by providing DATA...ya know, numbers and stats...to back your assertions?

Your sophomoric one liners and projections based on opinion are BORING and of no use to anyone who wishes to have an honest debate. You're saying nothing more than what the average random internet poster can say on Twitter or Facebook. It's 'dime o dozen' political ranting.

Step up to the plate or be seen as low value.

Your choice.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Not clear to me,,its delegates and electoral votes,,we aint been to texas yet boys or maine or cali..........Ron WILL DEFEAT!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

i will still vote for ron paul in the primary, since he's the only candidate who is not a warmonger and speaks of real solutions to the nation's problems.
i want his voice heard at the republican convention.

if it's a choice between mitt and obama, i'll skip that part of the ballot as i did when it was bush and kerry.
i refuse to vote for the lesser of two evil choices.

then i'll vote for candidates for congress according to who they are, not party.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

C

If I only get to vote for the lesser of two evils I don't vote. Evil is Evil...right is right...wrong is wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Always vote your conscience. Never vote for the lesser of two evils. If RP doesn't make the ballot I will write him in like I did last time.
I truly believe that RP is our true last hope for this country.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If you notice in your poll, Ron Paul has a steady rise. Also, others have risen dramatically and fallen dramatically.
Paul is steadily gaining.
Santorum is the next one out.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Im going to vote for Ron Paul no matter what. Obama, Romney? Hell no.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

This Is exactly the sort of delusional reading of that polling data I'd expect from a RP supporter.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Look at your own thread? You must be beside yourself. lol There is a overwelming support for RP on your own thread. Seen one Newt supporter, but other than even you have to acknowledge whats going on here. Even stacking the cards in the op, Paul is still the favorite on your thread?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

RP is ATS' favourite. Duh.

But that matters so little in the scheme of things.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by arbiture

Answer; Obama. As a former member of and very active with the Republican party, I now am a recovering Republican. I've always voted for the person not the party. I have never felt either major party agreed with all my positions on issues, policy or style, but long ago the GOP came close. So now I like to think I'm a sober independent (small ï"intentional). The Republicans are so far to the right it disgusts me. And frankly ideology aside, they just can't seem to put any candidates forward, (RP excluded and Huntsman before he dropped out) who have a brain, but are hypocrites, religious fanatics, or lying egomaniacs. (I do agree with many of Ron Paul's positions but not all, specifically when it comes to foreign affairs. Head stuck deep in the sand on that one)

Given that the Republican Congress stated from the get go their ONLY issue (since they have done nothing unless you take the issue they made over gays getting married. Christ, we have REAL issues to worry about) is to get rid of Obama. The 2010 Congressional election brought us the biggest bunch of clueless, idiotic ideologues in my 52 year life time.
edit on 29/1/12 by arbiture because: correct grammer

Recovering Republican? That's like saying you're a recovering alcoholic but you're now a user of heroin.

Get your mind out of the theatre it is mired in and see the truth.

Neither party has our best interests in mind. Ron Paul is being suppressed because he is right. No one in either party wants him elected because everyone else has been chosen for the job, no matter who wins. Paul is a threat to the power structure and THAT is why we should vote for him.

So being an independent is like ä user of heroin"? As for my mind being where and what it is I look at the candidates and then decide who makes the most sense, (or least awful) and vote for them. Ron Paul's view on foreign policy in my "mind" and having worked as a contract basis for both the State Department B of I&R and the Diplomatic Service, view him as unrealistic in a number of areas as in, "put a wall around us, don't be engaged overseas, and we won't have to worry about people who today want to kill us" ? Or the fact that all nations spy on others, even friends. Having inside information is critical and can (and has) prevented wars.

Yet like I said, I do like a lot of his views. I just don't think he can win and it's more likely the GOP would nominate me for President, and I've never been involved in running for anything political, and won't start now. But Ron Paul has raised critical issues and being, what may surprise you is how much I consider myself Libertarian (you leave me alone, I leave you alone). Cut the budget yes, bring a lot but not all of our troops home, yes. Have Europe pay more for it's own defense, yup. Japan can sure do more but has a clause in the constitution Japan proposed and the US jumped at limits the structure and prohibits forward stationing of troops. And a lot more.

I just find the fact I went from Republican "booze"and now being independent equates with heroin seems like a strange perspective. Perhaps you could explain that to me. Because I support Obama? Given my other choices including any one with a prayer of winning, I find despite areas I certainly don't agree with him on Obama has done a pretty good job of what to me has to be the hardest on Earth. Perhaps any one out there who does not agree with you is on drugs. Whatever...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Newsflash: The GOP aren't going to get any better.

"None of the Above" works for me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I will vote for Ron Paul, whether he is on the ballot or not. Write-ins allow me to vote for the only person I believe is any different from what we have had for the last 100 years or so. I may have to live with 4 years of someone I do not approve of, but I have to live with myself for the rest of my life.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've always been an "undeclared" voter. I braved it and switched to Republican so I can vote in the primary for Ron Paul.

And when/if he doesn't get the GOP nod, I'll write him in or vote independent. Obama and Mitt/Newt are all bad news and more of the same. I wouldn't lower myself to vote for any of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Representative government can only work if you vote for the person that you feel like best represents you. If you are convinced that your candidate can't win, especially at this early stage, then you have already thrown your vote away. The fact that you have stated Obama as your preference probably makes this entire exchange futile, but I always feel like there is hope that people will eventually come to their senses.
Yes, the two major parties are like drug dealers, and that is why the GOP hates Ron Paul. It is rather simple.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Your so funny!!!

Maybe you are not aware of this, but allow me to point out that economic policy that is put into place usually shows no effects until after the sitting President leaves Office.

The things Obama has done, if he were to not get a second term, will actually be felt during the first term of the new President. I can not stand Obama, but not everything is his fault. A lot of what is happening are due to Bush Policies. The problem here however is that Obama literally continued those same Policies.

I may be wrong, I am sure there are members here MUCH more educated than me on economics, but that is the way it was explained to me many many years ago.

That's a myth....also known as 'rhetoroc'

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

It's not a myth at all. Or rhetoric. Lots of things have longs lasting effects.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by arbiture

Representative government can only work if you vote for the person that you feel like best represents you. If you are convinced that your candidate can't win, especially at this early stage, then you have already thrown your vote away. The fact that you have stated Obama as your preference probably makes this entire exchange futile, but I always feel like there is hope that people will eventually come to their senses.
Yes, the two major parties are like drug dealers, and that is why the GOP hates Ron Paul. It is rather simple.

"Rather simple"? OK, in part your right but also those who suckle at the boobs of those w/ vested interest in getting "their candidate", Newt being as obscene and extreme, this guy so pathetic in being sold to anyone writing a check. HE the Newt has to be investigated for his (I will also leave his monstrous hypocrisy calling for impeachment of Clinton being I believe said something like "he's just immoral and has sex w/an intern in the WH? God forbid. Check out out if interested LBJ as for his mean and hateful view of Jack and MOST of all Bobby Kennedy. Very scary sob LBJ.

Even my Dad thinks LBJ had something to do w/killing JFK. I don't like my Dad as he is a cold, well I won't say it, and in effect hasn't called me except at most once a year since my 20's. But he is the smartest business man I have ever met and former G2, so who knows. I trust his uncanny, even creepy instinct's.

Newt being so bought and paid for and frankly I think he would not be the most rational guy (serious understatement here) in the White House (lets leave weird, flighty, flakey behavior for latter) Also then his comment how Christians are SO persecuted in the US. What is this guy smoking? And if not on drugs perhaps medication IS in order. I only rag on Newt because I think that guy has real psychological issues, but is the bull s***** ever to be so ridiculous. In recent times try to bs everyone that he should be President.You have Perry who dropped out thank the good Lord, this guy was well stupid. Santorum, rumor if he has any brain (not seen any signs of life there yet) but the $$ people who would support him are likely to trample all, like the Italian Cruise ship crew and the lovely captain who "fell"into a life boat... Those who now are fanatic enough to support him will jump ship, keep their cash because Rick S. is as stated rumor has it he will drop out, likely next. My God the condescending religious nuts who "so believe freedom in of religion" That also means freedom FROM religion, I seem to recall something about the separation of church and state...

Sad to see Huntsman go, I think he by far was the smartest former candidate of the GOP including Paul. Why do the GOP either as you said and I agree hate people like Paul or some get glazed-eyes when a guy like Huntsman who is quite bright to say the least and I know as a fact having talked to some in the Obama camp would have scared the hell out of Obama, but know the GOP is not a bastion of deep thinkers as I seriously believe Obama is, though I would love a bit more fire directed at the (R) idiots. Perhaps saving that for the post coronation, likely to be the pleasant and 15% guy tax bracket Romney.

Actually I think the GOP hates Ron Paul because he has ideas that scare the s*** out of those with vast, vested interests. And Obama? He is getting bocu bucks from those who think he can be a benefit to them. It's just the way politics is, and why I up-chuck when even thinking of running for any office. I like working behind the scene in areas not so much political. But have in the past. We have no virgins in politics. Sometimes there are those who feel lets give $$$ to the person who is something of a stabilizing force and I don't feel Obama is "wasting my vote"I think he's done pretty well w/the idiot, and damn near criminal obstructionist Republicans in Congress, along with the addicts to "all Fox News all the time". By the way Obama can win, but nothing at this as you say early time is certain. So I listen as much of whats out there as much as possible. I really mean I DO believe people need to get their information from sources they don't always agree with (why does any one possibly think I watch Fox, then usually need some Tum's or Pepto Bismol. ) I try to be as aware of as many points of view as possible.

Look I feel my "rational sense of reality"is alive and well thank you very much. But voting for a guy WHO CAN't win save some surrealistic dimensional shift in the cosmic order. Much more important I don't agree w/a number of RP issues. He's just to far out there for me and if you look at WHAT Obama has done given the (R) Congress who tea party clan is drinking something but sure isn't any tea I ever heard of, he's been OK. And I will vote for him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join