It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul won the AZ straw poll today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Paul will win one of the west coast states. His legalize drugs message will be enough there....We all know how loopy the west coast is.

He's going to win a state...He has has too. Even Huckabee won a state last election..

With all the hype and spamming across the Net, he can't be nationally rejected....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

I think he's going to win a lot of the western states. It's all about delegates, and he's doing very well already. Florida is a winner take all state, and it isn't worth a big fight for no delegates. He doesn't expect to win there, but he will do very well in all the western states. We're getting the message out, and vigilantly countering the lies and propaganda. A couple of us were debating with Newt's campaign leader in AZ, and his great point against Ron Paul was that be introduced over 400 bills to Congress, and only one passed. I told him what I read somewhere that sums that up perfectly, that to blame him for that is like trying to blame a nun in a whorehouse for not turning tricks. We asked him to name one bill that Ron Paul introduced that was unconstitutional, and he said he couldn't. The one bill of his that DID pass, uncovered over 16 trillion dollars being sent to bail out overseas banks secretly. And THAT wasn't enough to tip the scales against the Fed? We have a long, uphill battle to wake people up...
edit on 29-1-2012 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable
Paul will win one of the west coast states. His legalize drugs message will be enough there....We all know how loopy the west coast is.

He's going to win a state...He has has too. Even Huckabee won a state last election..

With all the hype and spamming across the Net, he can't be nationally rejected....

They'll just rig the polls, or find some stupid obscure law that was somehow violated.

"Sorry people, but this one also doesn't count. You see, Mr.Paul violated the "Prohibited to sleep in a parked vehicle" law. He says he wasn't sleeping, but it appeared as though his eyes were closed in this video, and that's good enough for us. Congratulations, Mitt Romney is the WINNARRR!!!"

Originally posted by 27jd
and his great point against Ron Paul was that he introduced over 400 bills to Congress, and only one passed. I told him what I read somewhere that sums that up perfectly, that to blame him for that is like trying to blame a nun in a whorehouse for not turning tricks.

This is solid gold. =)
edit on 29-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not sure how much lawn signs and bumper stickers mean anymore. I used to count signs, driving around.

The contests have gotten so ugly I don't do bumper stickers anymore, especially in CA. People are shot for less all the time, not to mention the cops.

And work, what if the Boss has a different politics.

No bumper sticks on my ride these days.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Yeah, I have a Ron Paul sticker on my truck, drove around L.A. for a few days with that AND an AZ license plate. Went to Hollywood and all around, didn't get shot but again it was only a few days.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well im glad he is getting somewhere.
At the moment all i can hear is that he is doing really badly..Fox and other news stations are really showing that they run the choice of the American people on who they should vote on (I think so anyway,from what I hear)
Hopefully when it comes to the final days we will find out the truth,or at least I will since I aint hearing much in the news and newspapers about Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Ron is winning the drudge report poll.........

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me in the least. But then Michelle Bachman won the Iowa straw poll and look where that got her. Remember the pig who built his house out of straw? First big blow and it was all over.

If Ron Paul doesn't win something "REAL" pretty soon, it's gonna be all over for him. He'll end up being nothing more than a republican version of Ralph Nader.

Simply stated, he's gonna have to win something outside of those states where people "just cling to their guns and Bibles."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Regarding the bumper sticker discussion, I have yet to see a sticker here in Las Vegas for anyone BUT Ron Paul. I've been seeing those for months, some pretty big. Also a large sign off the 215 a few months ago, might still be there might not.

Not a peep from anyone else. I'm sure people talk about them but I have yet to see anything physical from the competition.

Make of that what you will.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ron Paul can win all the straw polls he can get his name on; BUT...riddle me this: When will he win something of substance? Seriously, he consistently places 4th (now out of 4 candidates). Pray tell, when do you RP supporters actually EXPECT him to win something? Be honest with yourselves; a consistent 4th, 3rd & 2nd place finishes wont get him the nomination, much less the Presidency...at this point, do you really feel like he stands a chance? If so, then please pin-point a date that he will take control of the Republican presidential race. When will you succumb to the reality of an election w/o RP?

If I were y'all, I'd cease getting excited about non-important details like straw polls....sure he wins them, but that is nothing to write home about...much less write ATS about.

Now flame away

edit on 29-1-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012
If I were y'all, I'd cease getting excited about non-important details like straw polls....sure he wins them, but that is nothing to write home about...much less write ATS about.

You're free to not read the thread, not sure who you are to tell us what we can and can't share. I musta missed the U2U explaining that you were taking that role. Anyway, I was at this event, and I felt compelled to share with fellow Ron Paul supporters here. I'm aware it's not a binding election, but if it were anybody but Ron Paul, it would suddenly be noteworthy. As for the rest of your post, It's all about delegates. He didn't expect to do well in SC or FL. His strategy is to rack up delegates in western caucus states. I'm optimistic, if there isn't widespread election tampering, we will pull off some wins. CA is a delegate jackpot, and not sure Newt or Romney is gonna do well there considering their stances on cannabis.

www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You're free to not read the thread, not sure who you are to tell us what we can and can't share. I musta missed the U2U explaining that you were taking that role. Anyway, I was at this event, and I felt compelled to share with fellow Ron Paul supporters here. I'm aware it's not a binding election, but if it were anybody but Ron Paul, it would suddenly be noteworthy. As for the rest of your post, It's all about delegates. He didn't expect to do well in SC or FL. His strategy is to rack up delegates in western caucus states. I'm optimistic, if there isn't widespread election tampering, we will pull off some wins. CA is a delegate jackpot, and not sure Newt or Romney is gonna do well there considering their stances on cannabis.

www.dailypaul.com...

With all sincerity...Good luck! At least RP would have some merit to his debate against Obama...heck, he may even make Obama use his intellect; which can not be said for the remaining portion of the Republican field.

P.S. racking up delegates at 4th, 3rd & 2nd place wont even win a sniff of the nomination. Get real, RP needs to win handily in many, many states to stand a chance. Please prognosticate for me...when will that occur?

P.P.S. I realize I don't have to read and/or reply to this thread; yet I did.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

With all sincerity...Good luck! At least RP would have some merit to his debate against Obama...heck, he may even make Obama use his intellect; which can not be said for the remaining portion of the Republican field.

I agree. On the first page of my thread, I stated that I voted for Obama last election, and would rather Obama be in office than any of the other Republican candidates. I wasn't politically active for Obama, and obviously I'm extremely disappointed in him, and his assaults on civil liberties. But any of the other Republican candidates would probably outdo him on that front. I finally took the time to really look into Ron Paul last year, and realized almost all of the negatives used against him are misrepresented, out of context, and without merit.

P.S. racking up delegates at 4th, 3rd & 2nd place wont even win a sniff of the nomination. Get real, RP needs to win handily in many, many states to stand a chance. Please prognosticate for me...when will that occur?

I never proclaimed to be a psychic or a prophet. But like I said, if there isn't fraud in the caucus states, I think after FL we will see some victories. Hopefully many.

P.P.S. I realize I don't have to read and/or reply to this thread; yet I did.

And I thank you. I don't mind civil debate, and at least you haven't trotted out the newsletter garbage. I only said you didn't have to read it because you suggested I shouldn't have posted it. But it did pique your interest somewhat at least...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Thanks for being there and filling us in.

The clueless will be scratching their heads extra hard over this.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Star for your reasonable, civil response!

Now cue the grammatical police....

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really...want RP to win the republican nomination. At least he would bring honest, intellectual dialogue to the presidential debates...AND, shhhhhh (whispers)...I wouldn't mind RP as an alternate to Obama. My area of doubt for the RP platform is that it is no more of a "hope and change" campaign than Obama's 2008 campaign...in the respect that he promises lots of things that require lots of congressional support/compromise. Given the obstructionism of the Republicans/Tea Party Republicans from 2008-present, I see no additional support for RP in regards to his platform...they despise him almost as much as Obama, if not equally as much.

I'm not here to rain on anybody's parade, I am merely pointing out the astronomical odds of RP pulling off a nomination.

Admittedly, stranger things have happened.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
When's the AZ primary? I just registered to vote here

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

The primary is Feb. 28th. The deadline to register is tomorrow, so you're good. Ron Paul will be here Feb. 22nd, there's gonna have a big rally at ASU where he's speaking.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

My area of doubt for the RP platform is that it is no more of a "hope and change" campaign than Obama's 2008 campaign...in the respect that he promises lots of things that require lots of congressional support/compromise. Given the obstructionism of the Republicans/Tea Party Republicans from 2008-present, I see no additional support for RP in regards to his platform...they despise him almost as much as Obama, if not equally as much.

One interesting dynamic with Dr. Paul though, is his support from both the far right, and the far left alike. He worked a lot with Kucinich, and Barney Franks. Then there's Rand and the true conservatives on the right. I think if anybody can get compromise, it will be Ron Paul. He knows he won't be able to change everything he would if he had a fully cooperative congress, but any movement back towards a Constitutional government would be a positive for this nation, IMO. True, traditional conservatives AND liberals both will support Ron Paul. There's not a lot of disagreement between the two philosophies, other than what the centrist, big government/corporate owned politicians have manufactured to keep people fighting.

Paleoconservative-

Paleoconservatism (sometimes shortened to paleo or paleocon when the context is clear) is a term for a conservative political philosophy found primarily in the United States stressing tradition, limited government, civil society, anti-colonialism, anti-corporatism and anti-federalism, along with religious, regional, national and Western identity.[1] Chilton Williamson, Jr. describes paleoconservatism as "the expression of rootedness: a sense of place and of history, a sense of self derived from forebears, kin, and culture—an identity that is both collective and personal".[2] Paleoconservatism is not expressed as an ideology and its adherents do not necessarily subscribe to any one party line.[3]
en.wikipedia.org...

Classic liberal-

Classical liberalism is the philosophy committed to the ideal of limited government, constitutionalism, rule of law, due process, and liberty of individuals including freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and free markets. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

One interesting dynamic with Dr. Paul though, is his support from both the far right, and the far left alike.

Forgive me for not responding to the meat of your post...this is the only statement I feel merits commenting on, as it is the crux of the debate.

To the right, the far right is extreme...conversely, the left is much the same.....that leaves a wide middle ground. If/when RP campaigns to this segment; that will be the day he rises to the top in the polls primaries/caucus...until then (unfortunately) he will be considered fringe to those that matter...the moderates.

Much respect and high hopes to RP; from one Texan to another.

edit on 29-1-2012 by Muttley2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

To the right, the far right is extreme...conversely, the left is much the same.....that leaves a wide middle ground. If/when RP campaigns to this segment; that will be the day he rises to the top in the polls primaries/caucus...until then (unfortunately) he will be considered fringe to those that matter...the moderates.

To me, it seems the "moderates" (from both parties) are the ones who are the most bought and paid for by lobbyists, the ones pushing for bank bailouts, and aggressive foreign policy on behalf of the MIC. Funny how they set it up that way, those (from both parties) calling for personal freedoms, peace, and fiscal responsibility are labeled fringe. I would love to see a Paul/Kucinich ticket. They see exactly eye to eye on foreign policy, personal liberties, and Constitutional government. They're only disagreement in which they could find a middle ground would be federal entitlement programs, but not sure they would even disagree there other than philosophically, since Ron Paul himself has said he would keep SS, Medicare, etc. funded, and in fact securely funded for those dependent and those of us that have been paying into them by cutting foreign military aid and bringing our troops home. He will give young folks the option to opt out, but does not plan to axe those programs. Not only is he principled, but he is also a realist.

Much respect and high hopes to RP; from one Texan to another.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join