It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch's Staff Arrested As Tabloid Scandal Spreads To Second Newspaper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Rupert Murdoch's Staff Arrested As Tabloid Scandal Spreads To Second Newspaper

www.huffingtonpost.com

LONDON -- The criminal investigation into British tabloid skullduggery turned full force on a second Rupert Murdoch publication Saturday, with the arrest of four current and former journalists from The Sun on suspicion of bribing police.

The arrests spread the scandal over tabloid wrongdoing – which has already shut down one Murdoch paper, the News of the World – to Britain's best-selling newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thinkprogress.org[editby ]edit on 28-1-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Police raided The Sun, Murdoch's News Corp. flagship newspaper, arresting several staffers as well as a police officer accused of accepting 'illegal payments for information'.

Murdoch's lied about how the phone-hacking scandal was an isolated incident at one paper. The scandal has spread to include a 2nd newspaper. This is par for the course at News Corp. I wonder how many of The Sun staffers are willing to fall on their sword to keep Murdoch out of jail?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i'm calling it right now, whoever testifies will end up dead. both witnesses died with the phone hacking scandal. it'll happen again. sure, murdoch won't be implicated, but i doubt anyone else will go public with dirt on him after that.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

FYI: News of the World phone-hacking whistleblower found dead

Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbusiness reporter who was the first named journalist to allege that Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead .

He was in his mid-40's.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

ping

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

FYI: News of the World phone-hacking whistleblower found dead

Sean Hoare, the former News of the World showbusiness reporter who was the first named journalist to allege that Andy Coulson was aware of phone hacking by his staff, has been found dead .

He was in his mid-40's.

Yup i bet they killed him he knew to much.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hopefully The Sun will go down the pan too. I don't even know how they can call it a newspaper anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I think the most important aspect of this, is that police officers have also been arrested connected with taking money from NI staff. I see the media quick to name the Journalists involved but not the Copper. Will be interested what happens next. I think more papers, not just Murdoch titles are going to be involved in this investigation.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The heavy hand brings heavy reprisals. They went too far by killing the journalists.

The thing is they have no other choice but to use those tactics. Hence they have no choice but to go the way of the dodo. This is not the medieval world anymore. Those tactics, verily, their entire way of doing business is inadaptable. They are every day weaker, and the world is everyday stronger.

Yay!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
When ever I think of Murdoch, I think of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. When I think of "Rupert", I also think of "Ruprecht". I don't think it's a coincidence.

edit on 1/29/2012 by The1Prettiest1One because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Karma long overdue for that filthy rag.

Don't buy The S❇n!

YNWA

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Another update;

Phone hacking: IT 'deleted Murdoch hacking email' (BBC.com)

A 2008 email informing James Murdoch of the potential scope of phone hacking at the News of the World was deleted in an IT upgrade last year, lawyers say.

Just as the phone-hacking scandal was heating up, seems 'ol James Murdoch's IT department 'accidentally' erased an email from 2008 informing him that phone-hacking was 'rife' at the News International.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join