It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream - Oakland - Tear Gas - Flash Bangs - Rubber bullets

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

some of the more militant members(as it seems most of the leadership got arrested) were trying to rouse up the group to go try to liberate them but then the group lost steam and now it seems the cops are keeping an eye on the other group and forming up to try to break them down too

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
is there some reason they arent moving those people(into jail) and does not moving them violate any rights?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
guy on stream is now talking about the potental opd federal take over after seeing what he thought was a couple of feds either monitoring the riots or monitoring the police orders to disperse are being given at the plaza (far more politely with out the ominous words like submit)
edit on 28-1-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's sad to say...but...change will NEVER come to America because Americans are too busy with 'comfort'. If change does come....it won't be for the best!

link   
law.onecle.com... the code the lady asking them to disperse is citing for any one curious seems to be there soloution around right to assemble

link   

So this is America...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

What part of backup do people not understand. They are blocking a public right of way.

sounds more like congress. lulz

Congress at the very least can accomplish things... These "protesters" have done everything but... And I use the term protesters lightly.

You're quite wrong. Protesting does do a lot more than you think. It has a psychological effect on the masses and leaders that results in more freedoms for the common man. For example, the Arab Spring protests resulted in regime changes in at least Libya and Yemen and the recent online SOPA protests resulted in congress reconsidering both SOPA and PIPA. Also, Occupy Wall Street got the media talking about issues concerning the corruption in big corporations and congress. Not only that, it brought people together and allowed them to create a common vision that might reappear sometime in the future.

Without protesters, your life and your own freedoms would more easily be taken by those in charge. I would appreciate them if I were you.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I heard someone yell

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!~!~!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
police moving in on the plaza and intersection was dispersed unsure as to whats goin on now

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
14th and Broadway is getting interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
congress has an approval rating of 13% and a disapproval rating of 81%, someone knows why they are there.

Because the people of the US, including occupy protesters would rather do anything except for participating in government?

Contrary to what you might think, protesting a situation that has been present for over a hundred years is not participating in government. Participation would be researching candidates, voting / supporting the one who best meets your ideals and goals, and then to follow up once elected to ensure they are doing their job of representing the people they represent - ALL of them and not just the ones who voted for them.

But instead they would rather shut down city streets, dump crap in the middle of the street all the while antagonizing the police so they can put it out over live feeds to show how evil the police are.

Yup - They are WELL on their way to changing things for the better. You know, since the police have absolutely nothing to do with why they are protesting.

/end sarcasm

This would be great Xcat, but I think most people are aware the voting system is rigged, so there vote most likely won't matter. Look at the media blackout on Ron Paul for example--I'm sure alot of Occupy protesters support him, but aren't suprised he is being marginalized.

You have to admit how ANYTHING a protester does is considered "blocking public activities." On top of that they have "free speech zones." Soon it will just be "rendition zones." Yep, great direction we're heading in, bro.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If you want I can post video after video of occupy people telling the camera they have no idea why they are there?

You sound like the banker in this comic

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
is there some reason they arent moving those people(into jail) and does not moving them violate any rights?

They are making room for them and handling logistics. There is also a deputy at a folding table with a laptop on the street at the Y entering things on each prisoner. I'd imagine that is a part of the jail booking before they even board the bus to keep the jail facilities from being gridlocked with the flood of people.

The Ustream guy is also talking about seeing buses from at least 5 different counties I've counted so far and Emergency Mutual Aid was called for earlier. The guy with the camera seems to think it's cute and that the buses were simply donated for the night. lol... I think they're in for a shock and part of the time it's taking. I'll bet those buses are going to the jails in the counties those buses have on their side.

The big thing people keep suggesting, including this Ustream person is that they wouldn't have room to house all these people. Oh ye of little faith... lol... I'll bet there is plenty of room.........when counties around the Bay area open beds in their jails too. This is a huge change in tactics.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
they sure seem to like shineing flashlights at cameramen so much for being transperancy

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
wonder how much over time and fuel and money in court costs this is all gonna cost the city of okland let alone most of california sure wont help the economy

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
wonder how much over time and fuel and money in court costs this is all gonna cost the city of okland let alone most of california sure wont help the economy

The economy already crashed, years ago. What you see today are fake numbers on computers and that is "economy". Spending cuts won't even solve the problem. This is part of the reason people are protesting.

He just announced that people were running into the YMCA building to escape the tear gas and bullets and not to protest inside that building, although the MSM will spin it that way. Then they were arrested for "occupying" that building. Sounds like a bit of a trap to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
from what i had heard from the streams is some one in the YMCA opend the doors after being asked for sanctuary and then some fled out of the back of the buildign with out destroying things or causing chaos if it had been a church they legaly could have claimed sanctuary kinda like noriega did

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Actually, it's Oakland. The two aren't really connected.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
guess one of the streamers claims to have seen an undercover 20 year old ginger either that or a police ride along or a kid with connections who got out of custody

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join