It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

If Jesus christ was here in real life and seen you casting stones at gays he would call you a modern day Pharisee.

If jesus were not imaginary and as claimed one and the same being as yaweh ie the creator of "everything" then jesus is directly responsible for the attitude toward gays, please remember that jesus/yahweh said himself

for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
God's judgement on homosexuality?
... but I guess copping a feel was ok:

Genisis 24:9 King James Version ( all bibles contain the passage)

And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and
swore to him concerning that matter.

Since a handshake doesn't mean crap anymore, maybe we should go back to this!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

I am quite troubled by the fact that the mods have not closed this thread for inciting hatred and lack of relevance to anything .

I find it odd that the OP was merely referencing a book.. and showing the actual remains on this planet of what could be, and is thought to be my many scholars..the remains of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Because he gives factual account of what it says happened there in the bible and why.....so many jump on him like a bunch of wild piranhas.

I ask you..does he not have right to his opinion?..Does he not have a right to talk about these remains and why they are there, based on something that happened in the bible and why?

I ask you.. to stop and think.. are some of you not actually doing the "hating" as well ?

I actually thought it was interesting that this pile of ashes actually exists, and has settled over what seems to be the remains of cities. There has to be some actual explanation for it..no?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I would encourage the OP to read Michael J. Rood's book The Pagan Christian Connection Exposed (2004) in which he broadly argues that most modern Christians are cursed, because they do not observe the Jewish Sabbath or follow the Biblical holidays. Instead they base their time on Sun worship, and Tammuz worship.

So, unless you follow the 7th day sabbath and all the Jewish feasts you are just as cursed as the OP's "liberals" and those conveniently hate-able homosexuals according to Rood. He reserves some special dislike for Easter and Christmas, and those who follow these pagan festivals.
He even chastises the Jews for naming a month after Tammuz, when it is forbidden to even speak the name of pagan Gods (not sure how Rood gets around this, but God probably gave him personal permission).

Rood is described as a self-styled Messianic Rabbi.

He is perhaps best known for his failed prophesies, (I mean who isn't in the Christian market?) especially when he prophesied that the "end of days" would be on the Feast of Trumpets in 2000.

Amazingly he still has a following as a prophet, which shows that God doesn't create some people to be very bright.

His interpretation of Genesis 19 (which ends with some "righteous heterosexuality", when Lot has a drunken orgy with his daughters) is perhaps not as novel as the locations he uses for these sites.
Rood bases these on the claims of amateur archeologist Ron Hyatt, who pompously claimed that he found 100 of these sites, including Sodom and Gomorrah, the "real Mount Sinai"and the ark of the covenant.

I think there are some arguments that Christians should obey Old Testament laws, if they want to quote from it, so I can understand Rood's position that Messianic Jewish living is the true form of Christianity (although it doesn't exactly appear that the religious Jews are impressed by any of this).
However, others have argued this too, and Rood's main schtick was prophesy and the Biblical outfit.

Sources and more on Rood: www.isitso.org...

So, these Christians who use Rood should argue for all his points and live accordingly, or they are just lukewarm hypocrites by their own standards.
edit on 28-1-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
People love their sin!
They believe the Bible is a myth and that they will not have to face Jesus on judgement day....

As it has been said "God hates the sin but loves the sinner".

Thank OP for the post and Maybe 1 person will understand it and if that is the case then it was worth the effort.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

He is perhaps best known for his failed prophesies, (I mean who isn't in the Christian market?) especially when he prophesied that the "end of days" would be on the Feast of Trumpets in 2000.

All (except for the ones that are yet to come ).. prophecies given to visionaries at Fatima, Lourdes, as well as Medjugorje have all come true.

The third secret of Fatima has yet to happen, and the children of Medjugorje were each given 10 secrets, (I believe all the same to each one of the individual 5 visionaries)

So there have actually been throughout history many correct prophecies.. if you really want the facts on that. Probably quite a few I don't know about as well.

Just because you are unaware of them, doesn't mean they don't exist.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Most Christians want their cake and eat it too depending on the situation. In one conversation they will say "it's God's will, it's all in God's hands, It's God's plan" etc. Then in another conversation they will say "it's free will".
Such a contradiction UNLESS a person having the "free will" to sin is, in fact, God's plan. And if that's true, then God created the sin and the sinner as part of His plan. So HE allowed it and, in fact, CREATED it, not just the sinner and the sin, but he created the choice for the person to sin. Then they'll say "no...that can't happen" but if that's true, then everything cannot be God's will as they claim. Such garbage that defies simple logic yet they disgrace themselves by being brainwashed and not seeing God's big picture. It's part of the reason I don't say that I'm a Christian even though I have core Christian beliefs based on the original texts, not the myths and mistranslations.

It's quite disturbing to imagine that people are that ignorant. The laws of Leviticus are not even "God's" commandments. They were developed by the high priests, again, for the survival of their culture through agriculture. It's crazy that people apply 21st century beliefs on things that were put in place for reasons they don't even understand and know about. If they allowed homosexuality, there is no procreation, and with no procreation, there are no workers and they wouldn't survive.
edit on 28-1-2012 by PurpleSun because: I forgot to put in a though...sorry!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I actually thought it was interesting that this pile of ashes actually exists, and has settled over what seems to be the remains of cities. There has to be some actual explanation for it..no?

So, you got a pile of ashes there are piles of ashes all over the world so what ?

Even if the pile of ashes contained a sign post saying Sodom and Gomorrah you would still have all your work ahead of you to show that an invisible man in the sky destroyed some towns because of promiscuity and miles further to find any sense of morality when the only allegedly moral person offers up his virgin daughters for raping !!

Once again, the opening post is deliberately targeting homosexuals and attempting to justify this hatred by appeal to authority , said authority being an imaginary man that lives in the sky.

Further, for decades "real" Israeli archeologists have been scouring every last inch of sand for proof of their claims to their "promised" land, if Sodom and Gomorrah and the myth about them were proved they would be first to be having a party.

Once again, I would ask the mods to consider the opening thread as an attempt to incite hatred.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Actually, the 3rd secret HAS already come true. Just become you aren't aware of it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It was the death of Pope John Paul 1.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun

"it's God's will, it's all in God's hands, It's God's plan" etc. Then in another conversation they will say "it's free will".

far too many xtians just cannot relate to the notion that "free will" can only ever be an illusion if their god is the creator of all that there is/was or will ever be. It seems that their cranial capacity shrinks at the notion of giving consideration to logic or reason.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

What a loving book that Bible is. It teaches so much love and respect for your fellow man that it makes me want to go to my nearest church and shout "God hates fags" while proudly calling myself morally superior to other people.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Thank OP for the post and Maybe 1 person will understand it and if that is the case then it was worth the effort.

What the hell is wrong with you people ? This is ATS motto = Deny Ignorance and you come here to try and convince others of your delusion ?

For goodness sake, do you not realize that most people who come to this site have the ability to read ?

Bah, I'm off to bed
edit on 28-1-2012 by ChristianJihad because: to add that I'm off to bed

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You know sodomy is not just anal sex. It's oral sex as well. Do you know how many straight couples commit sodomy? Do you know how many straight couples and non-couples commit sodomy while not married even. Double Sin! Do you know how many christians masturbate?

You are all going to hell along with the gays.. muuahahaha
edit on 1/28/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by PharohGnosis

The liberal lies that God created gays should be put to rest.

What utter religious garbage, did you even entertain the thought of engaging brain before you typed this tripe ?

If your god is the creator of everything that is/was or will ever be then how is it possible that there could be something not of his/its' creation ?

By the way, your god even says it in the bible that he/it is the creator of evil.

Why on earth do you come to ATS to spout this delusional drivel ? This is a conspiracy website and you choose to come here churning up bigoted hatred for the way other people are born, get a grip and go pedal the gay hating bible nonsense to the Phelps family they will love you back. There is nothing at all liberal about not caring what consenting people do in the privacy of their own home if you want to label that then call it common courtesy .

I am quite troubled by the fact that the mods have not closed this thread for inciting hatred and lack of relevance to anything .

(The following goes for anybody using his informal fallacy too)

I think most of you don't understand what the bible says. It's okay if you haven't read it, but I recommend it. However I have and note this:

Yes god created everything. You are referring to the first line of Genesis I presume.? If you are and you must be then you know Adam and Eve were created without knowledge of good or evil. Without sin, and in their current states WITHOUT the possibility to commit the act of sin, or homosexuality. Then eve was cohersed into tasting the forbidden fruit, which was not a sin; however angry god was. In doing so she and adam were given knowledge of what they had done. So every man after him shall have the ability to CHOOSE. God's way, or your way. Good or Evil. So yes god did create homosexuality. God also created the forbidden tree. Just because it is there, doesn't mean you have to do it.

Everything I will say excludes women.
By definition homosexuality is this

Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same sex or gender

en.wikipedia.org...

Homosexuality and gay sex is NOT the same.
Beforehand I said homosexuality was a sin, I apologize and am amending it to this.
Gay Sex is a sin

The bible says this:
"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination" (Lev 18:22)

ChrisitanJihad:
Your contention is based upon the premise that homosexuals are born homosexual.
You commit the sin when you ACT on your attraction.
I've wanted to smack my boss across the face I few times but I couldn't.
There is NOTHING you cannot overcome with the help of god.
There are cases of gays living functional and happy heterosexual lives.

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

"...sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it." Genesis 4:7

Love is love, but how would we be able to procreate.?

In regards to the hate, I have seen no greater "hate" then the "hate" created by you and all the other hyper-sensitive anti-christian pro-homosexual supporters. Gays, Christians are not waiting in your bedroom with the book and a stake. You must understand that it is for God that they testify for him. Nobody is judging you, we recognize you have sinned and try to help.

The people who have taken the pro-bible stance on this thread have met your arguments with nothing but the word of god, understanding and factual evidence, including the OP.

edit on 28-1-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here is the context of Rood's central focus: taking cursed modern Christianity "out of Babylon", and away from its pagan abominations.

But will they listen, or do they love their sins like Easter bunnies, birthdays, Santas and Christmases too much?

Will they become "true believers", or will they gain divine judgement and wrath, and burn for ever and ever on judgement day?

Who knows, but here are Rood's insights on pagan Christianity (part 2 follows on Youtube):

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

absolutely amazing post..

I wish I could give you 10 stars.. because you deserve that many and more..

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I would encourage the OP to read Michael J. Rood's book The Pagan Christian Connection Exposed (2004) in which he broadly argues that most modern Christians are cursed, because they do not observe the Jewish Sabbath or follow the Biblical holidays. Instead they base their time on Sun worship, and Tammuz worship.

So, unless you follow the 7th day sabbath and all the Jewish feasts you are just as cursed as the OP's "liberals" and those conveniently hate-able homosexuals according to Rood. He reserves some special dislike for Easter and Christmas, and those who follow these pagan festivals.

Christians are not cursed. The Christian religion has indeed been hijacked by the evil beast. So has every other major religion. Why even the cross is a mockery of Jesus, but I degress, and things are getting a bit off topic. Jesus said that anyone who shall believe in him shall have salvation

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
My feelings on this subject are...some of the loudest anti-gay people are the way they are, because they actually hate themselves. Hate themselves for having homosexual feelings deep down inside. They fear their own feelings, and hence project their self loathing onto anyone they can. jmoho..
edit on 28-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Wow, I had it just the other way around. The loudest gays are the way they are beause they actually hate themselves, and hate heterosexuals, so they project their self-loathing onto anyone who wants to agree with them.

See...turnabout is fair play. The gay agenda and the abortion agenda folks like to use bad language about their foes, and belittle them. Looks like you may be right on track....might want to look at it more objectively.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

"God" created them but them obviously chose to be homosexual. I know that I have had absolute say in exactly what I find attractive. I once thought I found black hair attractive but then I was like NO, black is the color of death and I refuse to be attracted to black hair. So I forced myself to be attracted to brunettes.

Disregard your sarcasm was undetectable at first
edit on 1/28/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I love the how in the eyes of those who take the Bible as NEVER incorrect and ALWAYS right, that me being a lesbian is ok in the eyes of God as long as we don't do any sexual acts. The Bible SPECIFICALLY says a "man shall not lay with another man" or "lay with a man as he does a woman" - SPECIFICALLY gives instruction for men...and yet NO WHERE does it say that a woman cannot lay with another woman.

I say that and the people in my church go "well, it means...." to which I say..."no no no....you can't have it both ways".

NO WHERE does it say that a woman cannot be with another woman and I defy anyone to show me a passage in the bible where it says that lesbians are sinners. It's impossible because in the original translations, it simply does not exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join