It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Xbox to prevent you from playing used games?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Well, you can mod it out. My boys keep trying to talk me into it. I won't though because then I guess it becomes useless if it is online, it gets rejected from the xbox servers

I would love to hook up an external HD to mine though, it is soooo tempting.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Been there, done that, got banned, bought a new 360, won't do it again lol!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

And that's why I will not be buying the next X box 480 or 760 or whatever there going to call it. If they implement that feature.

So you have to ask yourself are they really that stupid? And just how badly do they want to go out of business?

I don't think it would fly or go well with gamers at all. Oh noz not at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
For me, used games are all about bang for the buck. If I really want a new game, I'll get it, but for most, I can wait until the initial price drop, or go used.

I don't do too much online gaming, so I'd likely not have to deal with it, but still, wouldn't be a good move unless all the consoles did it. The first one who does, and does it alone, will put themselves out of business.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If they do this i for 1 defonatly wont be buying it and i know everyone i know intrested in gameing wont either microsoft will lose ALOT of money...then again there is always someone who will find a way to crack the system so you can play preowned games

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
if xbox does do this(which wouldn't surprise me as the games industry has inevetably become more about the money than the quality of gaming) i will never buy another microsoft console ever again.
something like this will defiately shift the consumers to another company.
only if they all decide to screw us at the same time together can this idea work.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It will never happen because it will hurt the sell of the counsel. I hope the new counsels have upgradable parts like a pc. Counsels are holding games back. They are obsolete with in 8 months, they hold back the pc not only in games but in hardware as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join