It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s Pulls Chemically Treated Beef From Burgers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
No more Ammonia beef for McDonald's, Taco Bell and Burger King !!

It's about time with all the controversy lately.

It seems the "change" was triggered by an activist named Jamie Oliver on an ABC TV show.

The New York Times has also said the problem is not just these three restaurants.

School lunches and many other fast food chains use the same "processed beef" and claims that a majority of the hamburger sold nationwide is "treated" !!

Of course, The USDA endorses the Ammonia injection "procedure" because they say it is "safe" and kills e-coli.

The industry "naturally" has kept this secret for a long long time !

Maybe things are changing ?

McDonald’s,Taco Bell and Burger King have agreed to change their ingredients removing chemically treated beef filler from their products. The decision was quietly announced late last year but the Daily Mail is reporting today that it was activist chef Jamie Oliver expose of the filler on his ABC TV show that sparked the decision.

(NaturalNews) If you’re in the beef business, what do you do with all the extra cow parts and trimmings that have traditionally been sold off for use in pet food? You scrape them together into a pink mass, inject them with a chemical to kill the e.coli, and sell them to fast food restaurants to make into hamburgers.

That’s what’s been happening all across the USA with beef sold to McDonald’s, Burger King, school lunches and other fast food restaurants, according to a New York Times article. Thebeefis injected withammonia, a chemical commonly used in glass cleaning and windowcleaning products.
Where's the Beef (and Ammonia !) ?

NYT Article from Dec 2009

This Video explains:

(youtube caption)
Uploaded by NewsTsar on Jan 26, 2012
McDonald's,Taco Bell and Burger King have agreed to change their ingredients removing chemically treated beef filler from their products. The decision was quietly announced late last year but the Daily Mail is reporting today that it was activist chef Jamie Oliver expose of the filler on his ABC TV show that sparked the decision.

edit on Jan-27-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Jan-27-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Who's to say that this filler simply won't be packaged under a different name and sold to these companies as a different "additive"? For these industry giants to stop buying this product only raises costs for the beef-producers who will then pass those on to the burger-makers. I haven't seen any price increases at these places. Have you?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'd also like to say that Jaime Oliver is a Chef turned caring-human-being-Chef. He's not simply an Activist

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hopefully they will take it out of our childrens school lunches also. It is very said that our children get the lowest grade food and we let it happen

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HODOSKE

Hopefully they will take it out of our childrens school lunches also. It is very said that our children get the lowest grade food and we let it happen

the School lunch program is a big problem.

Some recent changes have not seemed to correct all the problems.

"Our" government at work for "our" own good !!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I believe there is another post on this. [www.abovetopsecret.com...
But, instead of pulling the chemicals from the beef; they should pull the entire company.

edit on 27-1-2012 by causeimalive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

pink slime

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Mmmmmm...gotta love ammonia.

Remember people, the FDA obviously cares about you

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is a good example for the "what will we do without the FDA?" anti-libertarian fear hysteria.

The FDA says it's okay to put ammonia in our food.

People, egged on by an entrepreneur without government laying a hand on it, got the ammonia taken out of the food.

Terrible, isnt it? People learning and deciding for themselves bringing about action by private companies to change their ways. All the while the government says: "go ahead and keep eating ammonia, it's good for you."

I wonder if beef without the treatment will soon be regulated or banned like raw milk. Milk without the proper treatment is bad they say so they send armed agents to assault hippies and farmers. Why wouldn't they say meat without the proper treatment is also bad?

Municipalities all over the US hate Oliver for bringing attention to the absurd and filthy practices they follow. Wont be long before he's sent to Gitmo.
edit on 27-1-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Funny, right before I saw this post I read an article about ingredients regulations against McDonalds in Russia

McDonald's to expose everything about its chemical food in Russia

So that stuff dripping off my burger used to be glass cleaner.

"I'll have a cheeseburger, hold the ketchup, and the ammonia.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
School-lunch programs are one of the biggest problems facing our children's development. Through all of the documentaries I've seen, it all comes back in one way or another on the FDA.
The entire system is more about money that most people realize. They don't give 2-#s about our kid's health or diet
edit on 27-1-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So what are all you Yanks gonna do for dinner tonight ?
Everywhere will be shut !!!!
I'm genuinely worried for you !

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow , nice work Jamie Oliver. For all you Americans who dont know who he is hes the top TV chef in the UK.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Activist? I think not. He is a renowned chef who actually cares about the wellbeing of other people. Not just simply an "activist."

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I haven't been able to eat fast food for a while now. I took a bite out of a hamburger the other day and had to spit it out and threw the rest away. Now I know why. While back I got to where I couldn't eat process sausage and pepperoni and other so called meat on pizza. I finally began looking at the ingredients and it was made from by-product chicken. My list of foods have been shrinking. I am glad to find out that my taste buds are failing me the the food industry is. The FDA isn't to protect the public it is to protect corporations. They are the ones that are making all of this food poisoning legal.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Have you seen the candys and lollies made? I picked one up the other day (not to eat it, but to look at the ingrediants) and one of the ingrediants was numbered. I can't remember the number, but i purchased the lolly, to take it home and research. This one ingrediant was petroleum!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by TXRabbit

At least those kids are eating and the system can be improved thanks to people like Jamie Oliver.

I relied on the school lunch program when I was in middle school. I think the food was a bit healthier back then but it's gotten worse over time.

As for McDs? Still have nightmares from the last time I ate there when I got sick from eating a burger that was GRAY!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by PhoenixOD

I know him well enough. I used to watch his program on the Food network.

Not all of us are ignorant.

Wonder if Gordon Ramsay's starting to go soft as well?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by TXRabbit

At least those kids are eating and the system can be improved thanks to people like Jamie Oliver.

I relied on the school lunch program when I was in middle school. I think the food was a bit healthier back then but it's gotten worse over time.

As for McDs? Still have nightmares from the last time I ate there when I got sick from eating a burger that was GRAY!!

If the burger was gray,

Why did you eat the thing ?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Who eats at that 'grease hole' anyway?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join