It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Fugitive attempts to avoid police pursuit by throwing baby from moving car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A man involved in a domestic incident threw a baby from a speeding car in an attempt to avoid pursuing police.

www.thesun.co.uk
Idiot Dana Bettin, 23, hurled the tot into the road in Green Bay, Wisconsin, to slow down cops.

He was said to have been involved in a domestic dispute and had snatched the child of his alleged victim, according to Sky News.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Fortunately the baby was unhurt and later returned to his mother. Bettin, on the otherhand was later killed after rolling his car after a collison with another vehicle.

I have no compassion whatsover for anyone who treats a baby like this. The child could easily have been killed and I find it only poetic justice that Bettin himself suffered the ultimate sentence for his callous actions.

[edit on 9-14-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

I have no compassion whatsover for anyone who treats a baby like this. The child could easily have been killed and I find it only poetic justice that Bettin himself suffered the ultimate sentence for his callous actions.

This part I am noot sure about, I think he did that to slow police down, considering if you look at the video there are no cars anywhere near him or the police car, also they were going at slow speeds... Maybe the guy knew he was going to kill himself so he did that to not kill the kid....

I am not condoneing(sp?) what he did, but I think it was his best disision that he made thu that whole chase considering now he is dead...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
No one in their right mind would throw a baby out of a moving car in any circumstances. Anything could have happened. I remember watching one of the Police pursuit videos a while back and watched as someone held a dog out of the car hoping that the cops would back off. It's bad enough to threaten to throw a dog out, but to actually do it, and to a baby ?

If Bettin hadn't been killed, he would have deserved a nice long visit to the local jail with frequent beatings from a seven foot tall sex-offender called 'Bubba'.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
[...] If Bettin hadn't been killed, he would have deserved a nice long visit to the local jail with frequent beatings from a seven foot tall sex-offender called 'Bubba'.

The words "beatings" and "seven foot tall sex-offender" in the same sentence bring an interesting and appropriate mental picture to mind ...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Man, there are so many sick people in this world. There is absolutely no excuse for him doing what he did except the total disregard for another life.

He will try to plea insanity probably - I believe that there are just people that are plainly evil or don't have any regard for anyone else but themselves (obviously describes this guy).

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
He will try to plea insanity probably -

Bet ya he doesn't even open his mouth.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Glad he's dead. Warm enough in hell for ya' Bettin? Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Godsent, read the whole thing, the guy is dead! This is a problem, people don't read the whole thing....

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Looks like he placed the baby on the road, he did not throw it. It was the best thing to do considering if he hadn't the baby would be dead too. I know it doesn't make it right.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i watched a repeat of it on Sky News this morning, at first i was confused at what had been thrown out of the car.... then when they told me what had been thrown out I nearly choked to death on my cereal

there really are some sick people in this world

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I saw the video last evening. He didn't throw the baby out of the car. He slowed down to about 5mph maybe 10mph and put the car seat out on the pavement. Becouse he wasn't completely stopped centrifical force knocked the seat over on it's side. I highly doubt he did it to slow the police down. It looked like he was trying to get the baby out of the car either becouse he did not if caught get brought up on obduction charges or plain and simple that he knows it is only a baby and are not like other criminals.

I commend him for putting the baby outside, if not it would be a dead baby. I am tired of the news & people being so damn dramatic about things. He did not throw, toss, lob, or hurled the baby out the car. The news report isn't fully factual either. He actually took the car from the mother not knowing the baby was in it. The source where I got this info from also said that he made no threatening movements towords(sp) the baby.

If he really wanted to hurt the baby he wouldn't have slowed down. And I do not see how this would stop or slow a police chase. Only one car needs to stop and there were multiple cars there.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
jmilici,

That changes the whole complexion of the story.
IS there a link to a different source?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I do not have links. I saw that on the 11 o'clock news last night. I believe it was abc I am not sure. If I could find anything I will post it.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Godsent
He will try to plea insanity probably -

Bet ya he doesn't even open his mouth.

Oops

The insane BS

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Godsent, read the whole thing, the guy is dead! This is a problem, people don't read the whole thing....

Why do you get so angry? How old are you - next thing you know we will be reading about you James. Cool down. I was joking. What I meant is...never mind. Geesh

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Only in America kids.

Well, the baby being safe and the man dying, I think thats one more notch on the "proof of God" post.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask
Looks like he placed the baby on the road, he did not throw it. It was the best thing to do considering if he hadn't the baby would be dead too. I know it doesn't make it right.

The best thing to do is come to a complete stop, turn off the vehicle..listen for further instructions.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am hurting inside just from having read the story earlier.

How can anyone do such a thing? It doesn't een seem to matter the baby survived, how can anyone be so cruel?

How low can we go?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
This part I am noot sure about, I think he did that to slow police down, considering if you look at the video there are no cars anywhere near him or the police car, also they were going at slow speeds... Maybe the guy knew he was going to kill himself so he did that to not kill the kid....

I am not condoneing(sp?) what he did, but I think it was his best disision that he made thu that whole chase considering now he is dead...

I agree with you the man save the baby's life when he got it out of that car the car later crash and the force of the crash kill him if the baby have been in the car it would have been death.

It was not the baby�s time to die yet he did not have any injuries he is a survivor.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
As a law enforcement officer, the solution would have been to STOP. End of story. A 20 hour cool down period in jail for domestic violence is a slap on the wrist. The subject made his choices, I am entertained by those that wish to qualify why his behavior is ok. The ones who make note that he was "gently" placed in the roadway. LOL!!! Let me take your infant son down the street in pursuit by police officers and then set him in the roadway. (gently or not). Traffic, another emergency vehicle, an innocent motorist could have injured or killed this child. STOP justifing the poor choices of this individual and let it die with him.....Oh it did...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join