It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Fugitive attempts to avoid police pursuit by throwing baby from moving car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow, I just saw the video on the news. I think he did it to slow down the police AND save the baby. If you watch the video it didn't slow them down that much, but it gave him enough time to kill himself.

How did the chase start anyways? It says "domestic dispute," maybe he was running away and planned to take the baby with him, probably didn't end like he wanted it to though.

[edit on 14/9/2004 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Waroftheworlds...the definitive answer. I agree wholeheartedly...and I see you read the story carefully too.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well I read the following news article and I had a whole different take on the event.

www.thecarolinachannel.com...

Sounds to me like it was his girlfriend's baby which could even make it his but I don't know if it was. The fact that police officers thought he was slowing down to take off on foot made it sound like he was driving to an almost complete stop. Then what I read seemed to be like he set the baby out on the road completely unharmed before he continued on his high speed chase which resulted in his own death. Sounds to me like he saved the baby's life. The media describing the event as throwing a baby out of a car in a high speed chase seems exaggerated but I didn't see the video.

I suppose the words throwing a baby out during a high speed chase sound much more dramatic and sell more papers than Police almost hit baby stopping only a few feet from it after the the man they were chasing almost stops to set a baby down in the road. Fortunately the police did not run over the baby or I doubt this story would have been in the news so much. It would be just another tragedy. At least the baby survived this event. The guy who had the dispute will not talk anymore whether it was a legitimate dispute or not. For those of you saying this guy deserved this, I don't believe a dispute is worthy of the death penalty.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I watched this footage on CNN a couple of times today, the first I heard of it was the two talking heads that deliver the news mentioned a car chase with a man THROWING a baby from a speeding car. Ten seconds later the footage rolled and all I saw was a car slow down just enough to deposit a child seat on the road and then speed off again.

I don't want to debate the guys motive for leaving the child in the road nor do I care to argue about if it was a ploy to get the police to hit the carseat, I just find it dismaying that the CNN talking heads don't even have a clue about what they are reporting. Did they not see the footage themselves?

I wonder sometimes if mass media outlets in the states consider their viewers so stupid that they can tell them what happened, show a video completely contradicting what they say and expect the public to nod their heads in approval.

Amazing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join