It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI releases plans to monitor social networks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This worries me even more. I have gone through the border from Canada to the US many many times. Without incident. Since posting on the net on forums, nothing really out there lol, I have been stopped every single time going to the US for further searches, both flying for work and travelling by car for pleasure.

Needless to say, i don't travel to the US anymore.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Well no matter how much we complain or dont agree it doesn't change the fact that their going to do whatever the hell they want. I'm gues your planning to go to arms and all that jazz? didn't think so. But your right I don't have anything to hide...Im sure their not really interested in a few nudie pics and pointless chatter.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I think there was a thread posted on ATS a couple of months ago. The CIA admitted they were already monitoring Facebook, Twitter and all the others. Although it used the well known word tracking device, it was still monitoring.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Dear FBI,

I am pissed off at and afraid of my government, and I do not want to pay taxes anymore so more bombs and bullets can kill poor people in other countries.

The end.

Sincerely,
Person of interest

edit on 25-1-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Dear FBI,

Read above quote and multiply by hundreds of thousands who feel the same way.

seems your not alone...from another thread about Poland now those people know how to raise a fuss

More than 10,000 people have taken to Poland's streets in protest at ministers signing a treaty activists say will result in internet censorship. Prime Minister Donald Tusk says his government will on Thursday sign the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. The treaty, known as Acta, aims to establish international standards to enforce intellectual property rights. But critics say it could curb freedom of expression, and government websites have been hacked in protest.

people in this country must be afraid.. where is our Patriot Backbone??

edit on 25-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This country is turning rotten absolutely rotten, into the exact opposite of what it was intended to be. How the hell do you get outa this place before it's too late?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Appendix B looks like a list of threads on ATS

watch..

EXPLOSION!!!!!

zomg now the FBI will come to ATS!

Come on .. like we didn't know they look at public forums. The NSA has been doing it for years, and I have no doubt already have the computer system in place that the FBI is looking for.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Appendix B looks like a list of threads on ATS

watch..

EXPLOSION!!!!!

zomg now the FBI will come to ATS!

Come on .. like we didn't know they look at public forums. The NSA has been doing it for years, and I have no doubt already have the computer system in place that the FBI is looking for.

Yes, I agree that we've most likely been monitored for years by them ... but the difference here is that where before it was done secretly, quietly, low key and surreptitiously behind "closed doors" so to speak ... now the FBI is basically slapping us across the face and announcing that they no longer need to keep their surveillance activities secret and frankly they don't care a hoot if we now know that they're doing it.
That's about "in your face" as it gets and essentially tells us they "own" the internet and it's contents.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Traditionally speaking, wouldn't a conspiracy theorist be more upset about the secrecy of the matter?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Sorta torn. I can see the good in this and also the bad. I believe that sometimes they can prevent death, loss, and tragedy but that the potential for abuse is huge. At what sacrifice and to what benefit? It's a balancing act really.

Also, they've been monitoring and participating in social networks since at least 9/11 and probably well before.. Believe that. That they're actually announcing it now seems almost counterproductive and is more of a red flag than anything else in the sense that they now want us to know...for some reason..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
VERY old news.. regardless of the date that it was announced.. the FBI/CIA/NSA.. etc.. have had control and KNOW exactly who is doing what on the net..

and have been ...out of Bush's own mouth.. at LEAST for 10years that we know of.. but I'm betting it's been at least 20yrs

but, thx for the update.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
People in US laughed when they saw footage of drones bombing civilians in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya and Iraq.

Little did they know Reapers would be hovering over them in the future monitoring their movements.

If you vote in leaders who make others suffer, than those same leaders will haunt you too one day if they feel threatened by you.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
All posters in this thread will now need to report to their nearest RISC center.

Locations revealed HERE

Pleae bring hacksaws, wirecutters and escape vehicles.

Thank you

prisoner # x14

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i wouldnt be suprised if all this "attacking internet" lately is just to silence ron paul.
if you think about, people are waking up at an alarming rate these days, this is their worst nightmare come true.
and its not just going to go away.

as Hitler's propogandist Goebbel once said

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

we've had that in the u.k for at least 3 years, the u.s have probally been doing the same. dont write on social networks, what you dont want them to know, dont broadcast your whole life!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The best way to deal with these FBI types is to lead dozens, nay hundreds,nay thousands of false trails using fake accounts and such across many websites, blogs, forums with words like 'EXPLOSION , BOMB etc' and try and disrupt their monitoring systems with breadcrumbs and red herrings.

--

By the way - if the FBI are reading this. You might want to start listening to the real people and start arresting the globalists and war criminals instead of blindly defending the corrupt. You rotten bunch of bastards.

Chow.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I think they have been here all along.

I don't see the problem.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Right, because it's not like the federal government hasn't been doing that already

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

So basically if your not talking about blowing things up or killing members of the government your ok, big friggen deal.

So .... when the FBI (or other alphabet agencies) decide they'd like to monitor everyone's phone calls (landline and cell), inspect your mail (email and snail), etc just IN CASE you're a "potential terrorist"... that you're ok with them doing that to you because YOU don't have anything to hide ?
Any other rights you'd like to give away ? Unbelievable attitude

Did you read the PDF at all? Information posted onto Social Media sites is public and voluntarily posted.

Since when are your phone calls and emails public?

If you don't want the world/government to know that you're intending to blow up a supermarket, then don't post about it on facebook.. lmao

wow..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good thing I killed Facebook, YouTube, Google.....
Soon Twitter will join the list....
For those of you that want to kill accounts, I recommend
Account Killer

Have fun

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This isnt news. The gov will always monitor, legally or illegally, the internet. And who cares if they do? Without laws in place that let them take action they cant do anything but spectate. Good for them. Cool.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join