It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds 1/25/2012 Atlanta, GA Personal Video/Audio

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Has anyone heard anything like this in the Pennsylvania area?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Is it ambient noise from 400 or the Perimeter? Or is it clearly distinct from that? Some of the sounds seem to come from above and some from below. Does it have a direction or is it just all around?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I live 12 miles away from the south part of 285 and 85.. So that more than likely wouldn't be the case (traffic/road noise/pollution)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by v8vol

Hi, v8vol. Welcome. Last I heard (very unofficially) Lockheed is working with nanotech...no specific product was mentioned in the conversation I um overheard.

As for the weather, the day/night the OP recorded this it was clear as a bell. The rain moved in the next day.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
For what it's worth, people may be just hearing the upper spectrum of the noise. It's funny that for the longest time, people did not realize elephants were making a ton of sounds they couldn't even hear. One lady who now has been doing elephant communication research for over a decade, first felt what she felt was a throbbing or pulsing feeling when near the elephants. Using certain recording and playback techniques, they discovered that elephants were making a ton of low frequency sound to communicate that humans could not hear.

So.. you may just be hearing some of what's going on. There could be a lot more.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just wondering OP if you have heard this again since your recording? Is there any way you could get us a longer clip? I still think the duration of the stability of the sound could lead to the elimination of some possibilies of the origin of the sound. It would really help if it could be a little louder too.....I know you said this is only a phone recorder so you can't expect too much. This is so fascinating.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's almost definitely planes. I live about 20 miles from an RAF airbase here in the UK where they have Hercules transport planes running their engines (propeller driven) for long periods.

The sound is Exactly the same.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riakennor
It's almost definitely planes. I live about 20 miles from an RAF airbase here in the UK where they have Hercules transport planes running their engines (propeller driven) for long periods.

The sound is Exactly the same.

I was just going to post that it sounds like a C-130 to me. A military cargo plane, turboprop also known as the Hercules. I've worked them as an air traffic controller for 20+ years. I'm with Riakennor on this one

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There's obviously a lot of people from Atlanta here, i'm in Dunwoody myself.

If it happens regularly and for a long time, maybe we should try and notify each other if we hear the noise to corroborate it?

But there are constantly c-130's leaving dobbins, circling Atlanta, then down to Lockheed where they're armed. But they're usually too high to hear...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Riakennor

What I don't understand, if it is a plane (and it does sometimes sound like a plane) what accounts for the change in volume without the change in pitch? A plane running its engine for long periods makes since but why does it get louder if it isn't moving closer to the listener? If there are planes running their engines for long periods of time (sometimes an hour) I would think that would be a pretty easy mystery to solve.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

This opinion is dangerous because you mentioned "you're a strong believer." Key word is "believe".

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alexagendajones

Really? Hoax, and let me guess my account and video of what I heard and saw..... must be from movie right?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexagendajones
sounds are a hoax come from movies "red State" and "war of the worlds"

come on folks

Nice try but i compered them to the sounds they dont sound anything alike

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have heard the sounds before and it sounded like an dozens os f-16s floating around the sky in different places with their afterburnes on. Best way to discribe it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by voicefromtheages
reply to post by ButterCookie

This opinion is dangerous because you mentioned "you're a strong believer." Key word is "believe".

Uh....I have to say 'believe' because I can't physically go back in time to witness such events.

Ya know, the same that religious have to 'believe', the same that evolutionists have to 'believe'

See, all suppositions as to the bible, ancient aliens, and evolution are theories, and will always be theories, based upon evidences...the main point tho is to use ration and reason to determine which theory is more probable.

And to me, the Ancient Alien Theory is most probable.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianESpilner

Agreed.. I'm in Fayette County (peachtree city, specifically).

Let's U2U each other our e-mails and keep in touch this way.. so we can sort of triangulate, when we hear these in tandem!

Fantastic idea! Oh and welcome to the forums, bud!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
what if this is the start of project blue beam??

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Is it ambient noise from 400 or the Perimeter? Or is it clearly distinct from that? Some of the sounds seem to come from above and some from below. Does it have a direction or is it just all around?

Interesting point and you heard right the one i heard actual came from above i would believe in the area where i live.
i dont live near subways.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm hard of hearing due to chronic infection so I can't hear the humming on the tape ... but, a few years ago I started hearing a constant hum and it continued for a few days. The low hum was making me nuts! I was looking for reasons that would cause the sound, found nothing. After about 4 days the sound stopped.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

That was one of my more "out there" replies on a similar thread. Also one of the other features of bluebeam/dark knight was the stars of the big dipper moving.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join