It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Bill 1418. Introduces Bill Banning Aborted Fetuses In Food! WHAT?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ok, this is just outrageous! Oklahoma Senator Ralph Shortey, thought that this was necessary. According to him, he thought this was necessary to stop "disinformation" about this alleged myth, based on this article.

Pepsi Shareholders Demand It Stop Using Aborted Fetal Cells

Pepsi shareholders have filed a shareholder resolution with the Securities and Exchange Commission and PepsiCo demanding that the company has been contracting with a research firm that uses fetal cells from babies victimized by abortions to test and produce artificial flavor enhancers.

As recently as May, Pepsi ignored concerns and criticism from dozens of pro-life groups and tens of thousands of pro-life people who voiced their opposition to PepsiCo contracting with biotech company Senomyx even after it was found to be testing their food additives using fetal cells from abortions.

“The company’s key flavor programs focus on the discovery and development of savory, sweet and salt flavor ingredients that are intended to allow for the reduction of MSG, sugar and salt in food and beverage products,” the Senomyx web site says. “Using isolated human taste receptors, we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor.”

www.lifenews.com...

Ralph Shortey, Oklahoma State Senator, Introduces Bill Banning Aborted Fetuses In Food

A Republican state senator in Oklahoma has introduced a bill banning aborted human fetuses in food, despite the fact that there are no known foods or food products that actually contain aborted fetuses.

Sen. Ralph Shortey of Oklahoma City introduced on Tuesday Senate Bill 1418, which prohibits "the sale or manufacture of food or products which contain aborted human fetuses." He says he based the bill on an article he read online about an anti-abortion group boycotting companies that allegedly use embryonic stem cells to research and develop artificial sweeteners.

“People are thinking that this has to do with fetuses being chopped up and put in our burritos,” Shortey told NewsOK. "“That's not the case. It's beyond that.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Seriously! What is going on? With everything going on in this country we are now basing bill passing's on urban legends? No one is taking him or this bill seriously, but is this a "you dont REALLY know whats going on bill? Or is this just a way to get publicity?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

After rereading your OP I noticed I missed the last part, so I edited my post in order not to derail your thread, nice find

I apologize for the confusion.

This guy isn't too bright for drafting a bill about this.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just one more reason to end the horrific procedure of infanticide colloquially referred to as "abortion".

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Posted without reading properly sorry.
edit on 25/1/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No one believes me the proof is in the pepsi!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Using bioengineered tongue to test flavoring chemicals somehow equates to using fetuses to flavor soft drinks.

Firstly they should be banning all the chemicals and sticking to natural ingredients. Secondly, too much of America still can't seem to understand science, nor properly comprehend what they're reading.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Pepsi is communist anyway. Doesn't surprise me.
Drink Mexican coke!
It still has sugar instead of HFCS and can be found in most Sam's Clubs and lots of suburban grocery stores.
Or don't drink soft drinks at all cuz they bad for you(Do as I say, not as I do)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Senate Bill 1418. Introduces Bill Banning Aborted Fetuses In Food! WHAT?!

Well it's about time already !!

I for one am sick and tired of being told my food is good for me all the time.

Even if cannibalism is against the law.

Wait a minute, I thought cannibalism was against the law ?

At least the fetuses were not born first (I hope).

Wheeeew.

edit on Jan-25-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

found to be testing their food additives using fetal cells from abortions.”

Using isolated human taste receptors, we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor.”

one source
Haven't found where they are actually using the cells in the soft drinks. Doesn't seem likely as a secret ingredient.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thats just rediculous.

They dont use aborted fetuses.

Only the live tongues they grew to test the sweeteners and flavors.

top topics

join