It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hands off!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ok everyone has something or a few things that they don't like others to touch. I have seen all kinds of things people don't like touched. I thought of what I wouldnt want others to touch and then I wanted to know what others on ATS didn't like people to have their paws on.

For me it's my car, don't touch my car! I don't like anyone else to drive it because most people SUCK at manual. I have had manual in the past and let a couple friends drive it and made them pull over cause of how they drove.

I also dont' like my laptop to be touched by anyone but my fiancee. I have a MacbookPro and previously had a Powerbook. I let a friend use it and she dropped it on tile and didn't offer to fix it. She just said "oops, sorry." I wouldnt even have taken the money, it's the fact she didn't offer. So now I'm very picky about people touching my computer.

Then the last thing is my telescope. Don't touch it. If you want to use it that is cool I'll show you how but don't just go and try to use it! Don't try and clean the lenses and please don't use your shirt to wipe the lensI will gladly show someone how to use it properly so they don't mess it up. Now if you have used them before then that is different, but many people just want to start playing with it and it's not a toy.

I think that is pretty much it. I think I am most particular about my car and laptop lol.

So what things do you not like others to put their paws on? I know some who dont like their surf boards touched, cars, tools, game system or even golf clubs. So what is it?!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I don't like anyone else to drive it because most people SUCK at manual

lol you know i don't understand the point to driving manual cars in this day and age. We already have 100 destractions while driving ,

Yet , with standard cars , we give up another arm , and another leg for more multi tasking.

Sure if your a race car driver i can understand maximum rpm usage. But most are average joes who go a to b lol

then you have traffic on top of that. I can't understand why anyone would want to add more duties while driving , then we already have .

most people suck at manual because its something thats really not needed in society today so who cares :p

what i don't like touched!

My hair ! thats right i said it, lol girls love to put there hands in my hair but it makes me mad!

secondly my home entertainment unit .

third , my food!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i cant stand it when people touch my FACE
omfg i cant even begin to explain how boxed in and contaminated it makes me feel lol

but other than my face no 1 is allowed to touch my hats..
i have girls that come over all the time, (some new some old)
and for some reason all these flips feel the need to touch my hats or try them on..
and they start bending the brim.. its annoying.
my ex had a bigger head than me cause she has so much hair and she super squeezed it on and totally broke the build. i was like wtf? ive never even seen that happen give it to your little brother.
now shes my EX lmao

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I would comment, but it would be outside of the T/C- ok I'll refine that to any part of my body, I don't like shaking hands or hugs either (unless we have gotten close) . So with that said, I'm pretty easy going anyways. Also, I was raised that, if its not yours ask. Worst they could so is say is no.
edit on 25-1-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]My laptop, my phone, my car, my makeup bag, my couponing stock-pile, my coupons, my perfume (expensive!) and my radio if you are riding in my car.
edit on 25-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

lol you know i don't understand the point to driving manual cars in this day and age. We already have 100 destractions while driving ,
!

Gears are not a distraction when you know how to drive manual.
Manual cars are far more responsive and generally quicker than automatics.

To OP, nobody should touch my razor or toothbrush.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As you mentioned tools, I can never find them when i need them!The precious stereo should never be touched unless given proper instructions and of course monitored.Touch my toothbrush and you die
Oh yeah,don't touch my beer unless permission has been given.....Hmmm,I like to be touched but only in certain circumstances.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2

LOL I have always loved manual esp in the cars I have had. They are fun
I have a Mustang and Mustangs should be manual, it's a sporty car!

Yet , with standard cars , we give up another arm , and another leg for more multi tasking.

You don't give them up that much

Sure if your a race car driver i can understand maximum rpm usage. But most are average joes who go a to b lol

Yup Im the average chica who likes to drive her car like it should be driven without going to crazy. I love my car lol it's fun to drive in some areas, one day I will have to trade it in for something more family oriented but or now its the Mustang

then you have traffic on top of that. I can't understand why anyone would want to add more duties while driving , then we already have .

Eh you learn to live with that, but where i live the traffic isnt that bad so it's not a problem. If I lived somewhere with constant traffic I couldn't do it, it would drive me insane!

most people suck at manual because its something thats really not needed in society today so who cares :p

It's because they never learned properly! LOL

what i don't like touched!

My hair ! thats right i said it, lol girls love to put there hands in my hair but it makes me mad!

Yea I don't like my face touched too much.

secondly my home entertainment unit .

third , my food!

LOL I had a bf yrs ago who was really nuts about who touched his entertainment equipment. It took me forever to figure that darn thing out. He had this ridiculous touch screen digital remote with like 10 remotes in one. It was so confusing! When he left I gave it to my friends husband lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

"You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes" and don't get into my audio stash......

Keep the hands off my Willie (Nelson)

edit on 25-1-2012 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have a personal space bubble!
Anyone who walks within my bubble that is not supposed to be there gets yelled at lol
And my xbox 360.....anyone touches it,
they die!
*eyes daughter on other side of the room*

And my paints, those are off limits too.
*eyes daughter again*

And my drawings....and well....*ponders*

Food, anyone touches my plate of food and it sets me off right away...like a rabid dog ROTFL
edit on 25-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Parent, you are just a total drag! We never get to have fun....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

OMG! ROTFLMAO!! That flour got EVERYWHERE!! hahahaha

I went through alomst the same exact thing when my oldest son was about 2. He got into the fireplace and spread ashes EVERYWHERE!! or so I thought.... Now after seeing that vid, I realize there were lots of other places it could of gotten lololol
edit on 25-1-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lawlz0rz
i cant stand it when people touch my FACE
omfg i cant even begin to explain how boxed in and contaminated it makes me feel lol

Me too! I don't have that problem anymore since I'm not in a place where people felt the need to try and touch my face! My fiancee likes to but I told him I hate it. It's people hands on my face. Eww! Go wash your hands and then maybe I'll let you. I know it bothers him but god I hate hands on my face.

but other than my face no 1 is allowed to touch my hats..
i have girls that come over all the time, (some new some old)
and for some reason all these flips feel the need to touch my hats or try them on..
and they start bending the brim.. its annoying.

My ex yrs ago was like that! He would flip if you touched his hats lol. He lost one of his Prada hats and blamed me and didn't talk to me for a 6hr drive! I laughed my butt off because it was under his seat.
He felt like a jerk.

my ex had a bigger head than me cause she has so much hair and she super squeezed it on and totally broke the build. i was like wtf? ive never even seen that happen give it to your little brother.
now shes my EX lmao

LOL! haha she's an ex for a reason

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't like when I just fix my hair then stupid people touch my hair and mess it all up like OMG back up off my hair fools! Also hate when I get in someones car and my hair is looking fly then they roll the windows down to mess it all up I don't like the wind touching my hair either! I do not like people to touch my camera while they are drunk and being clusmy. My phone because, it is new and I do not want a cracked up screen like most people have! If I have egg rolls from jack in the box don't thouch those ethier those are MINE!!! o not want no one to thouch my lighter because, most of the time thye put it in thier pocket and I will never see it agian!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TropicKandie

That's why I have a lighter leash lol Although I just chain my lighter to the computer with it. People tend to swipe mine otherwise. Someone swiped my zippo too..bastards.

*pulls out a pocket full of lighters*
Of course, I suppose I don't help matters any by swiping everyone else's lighters either

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Wow, touchy....are we?

I guess if I find something very personal or delicate, I get mad when people touch it.
Could be one of my guitars, or my motorcycle, I guess anything that I deem valuable...
It's always the same feeling, though. If I don't think they know anything about it...NO TOUCHING!

What I do absolutely hate, is when a stranger touches something of mine.
If I know the person, it's not so strong, but if I don't and they start grabbing things, I get mad.
Probably my distrust of people kicking in...

But I will say this, I only drive manual shift cars, because I can save 5-10 mpg with them.
Neutral and a clutch will help get any car into the 40-45 mpg range.
It's not a distraction to drive a manual, in my opinion, I actually pay more attention with it.
Then again, I am vehemently against people driving with "distractions"...i.e., cells, food, etc...
But that's another thread...

edit on 25-1-2012 by havok because: clarity

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
HMMMMM,that is a hard one cause I have kids and they touch EVERYTHING!

My big thing is when my wife goes to my man cave and decides to clean and organize it.

Don't touch my SH$T!!

That is what is screaming through my mind,but I don't actually say it.
It may look like total chaos,but I know where everything is.

THATS WHY IT'S CALLED A MANCAVE!!!!!!!

Sorry for the outburst.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

LOL!!

I miss having my man cave.
Perhaps when I get a bigger place.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I'm sorry,dude.
I won't describe mine to ya cause you will really hate me.
It is more of a dog cave,with me and the dogs,but with room to spare,so if in need just holler.
Got a fridge full of beer .

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I don't like people touching my grandkids,my car,my cellphone,
my guns,my computer,my husband,my cats,my morning coffee,
my cookies,my little debbies.I am willing to share the last three
items if you ask.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join