It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members who have heard the sound, report here.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I want to make this thread to collect data from actual ATS members who have heard this sound and their thoughts and views on what they heard. I'm not looking for you tube videos as they will be debunked by someone or other.
I would like you to describe the sound and at what time you heard it, which year and month and in which county and country.

I also would like to know your responses to the sound and if you felt fearful or calm etc.
Also I would like you to report any headaches or dizziness in the hours afterwards. I had a massive headache 24 hrs after I heard the sound.

This thread is not for debunkers or for those who wish to discuss how the sounds were made.
I'm interested in those who have actually heard the sound so we can document the frequency, vibrations, pulses or other descriptions.

Thank You in advance.
Edit to add............It would also be good to collect data on how far back these sounds have been heard by ATS members and see if the sound heard was before the Ukraine sound or after it.
edit on 25-1-2012 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
My thread here

Above you can find my thread. It was authored last year, but was experienced some time in 2010

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Thankyou for your post. I have read your thread and I also was the only 1 looking out the window at the time of the sound. Also a woman was walking right past my house texting and didn't look up once.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I have heard the sound that sounds like an aircraft passing overhead, only doesn't fade, it was sometime last year or 2010, not sure which now, but it was daytime.

Never heard anything like the trumpet sound though.

EDIT: I am on the North west coast of England.
edit on 25/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I'm also interested in how you felt when you heard this sound
Did you think it was Alien in origin or from out of this world?
How did you try to rational the sound?
Thanks again

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I have again today a few hours ago a low hum lasted 1 min or 2 like something hovering
Location Toronto.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sussy

It's not the first time I had heard it, but that day stands out for some reason.

I was curious as to why it lasted so long, especially as there was no aircraft to be seen, it was a clear day and I had full visibility all round.

I live in an old mining town, but there has been no mining since the 19th century.

There is no overhead powercables.

The steelworks had closed down by that point.

There is a dock/port, but it isn't that busy, and there is only a couple of cranes left.

There is no other mining or construction going on.

The sound seemed all around, but it was definitely above.

I honestly couldn't tell you how I felt as it was that long ago, but I would imagine if I had felt something significant I would have remembered.

EDIT: I think the sound is Earth based, or the sound I heard anyway, if it was outside the atmosphere, I don't think we would hear it.

I think it could be vibrations of some sort, the cause of which I am uncertain, I wouldn't even like to take a guess.
edit on 25/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply. For the 1st 10 mins of listening to this sound I was trying to see where it came from. The next 10 mins I was ticking off all the background noises and roadworks etc
The next 50 mins of the sound I had adjusted my hearing and senses and felt it came from the sky above the horizon. My initial thinking was it was Alien, as in, it was coming from above me. The night was calm and the stars were out with clear views above me.
But after rationalizing this sound, I too, think it's an atmospheric vibration. Possibly magnetic sounds from other planets.
I don't know!
I have heard similar sounds in you tube videos but I feel I can't trust the sources.

edit on 25-1-2012 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sussy

Reporting from Finland. Me and my girlfriend heard the sound last summer few times early in the morning. Sounded like a heavy cargo train x10 and it wasnt right above us or near us, but it was so weird that my GF freaked a little bit. And it kept going for hours..thats how i know it wasnt a superlong cargo train.
And the direction of the sound is hard to describe.
I havent listened these latest sounds people have posted, but the earliest posts when it started to happen allover the world was very similar.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Weekend Warrior

Great thank you for that. How did you feel at the time, did you think it was not of this earth?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sussy

It made me kind of nervous and surely it was very new kind of experience. It wasnt anything I could recognize, but I dont know if I could say out of this world? Maybe the way it appeared was out of this world, but the sound itself was machine like. Enormous one

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yes I've hear something a uniform, recurring sound here in NZ.

Seems to me a like a far away big rig where the sound gets distorted. Maybe it's an atmospheric normal sound distortion/reflection after all. Like an acoustic version of an optical mirage...

Increasing in occurrence due to climate change??

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Heard it in the UK over a year ago, I heard it from inside my mom and dads house, television was on and i could still hear it. So i opened the patio doors and it was the loudest strangest sound I had ever heard coming from the sky, it was like a factory in the sky, very industrial. Could not pinpoint location of sound other than UP.

My dad suggested it was a military plane but the sound did not move or travel it just lingered, after a while he admitted it had been there to long to be a plane. Was deffinately not a helicopter it was a sound that just covered the sky, did not see any lights or anything.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Posted this here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Though I did not describe how I feel in that post....honestly, now I cannot quite remember....
My girlfriend was having a problem with headaches around that time, though I cannot be sure they were related......

posted on 22-4-2011 @ 12:02 AM this post
I spend most of my time here at ATS lurking around sifting through what seems to be an increasing amount of bs threads.
I actually ran across this thread about 3 weeks ago and added it to my subscription list so that I could come back and see how this had progressed....I never really had any intention of posting here but earlier tonight at around 7:40 pm EST I heard these noises.

I live in the southwest portion of VA. Earlier tonight I was cooking and started to hear this really loud noise outside. I can only describe it as the rumblings of a jet engine and at first....for the first minute or so...that is what I thought it was.
Now before anyone says, "Well that is probably what it was".....NO....I can tell you right now that is not what it was. I am very familiar with the sounds of jet engines and this was no such noise. Yes, it did have that familiar "rumbling" of a jet engine but without the fading effect of a passing jet. It was constant. This lasted for a little over 4 minutes. Every dog in the neighborhood was going crazy. Strange thing was, they were not just barking....they were all howling/barking. If anyone lives near many people with dogs....it is that howl they let out when an ambulance is approaching or passing your house....it was that kind of howl.
Now I have lived in this area for basically my entire life....I have heard jets fly over nearly everyday of my life and NEVER in my life have I noticed the dogs acting in such a way because of a jet. Even when it was a low-flying, loud jet.....Indeed that is one of the things that stands out in my mind about the noise.

To describe the noise.....like I said it was like the rumbling of a jet....It sounded sort of like rolling thunder with an intense wind blowing at the same time (though the sky was mostly clear and the wind was relatively calm at the time).....
Very strange indeed....
The first thing I thought about was this thread....I called my mother to confirm that it was heard places other than here.....(She lives about 12 miles from me and she heard it as well) It was also confirmed by my live in girlfriend and a roommate who were on the porch listening to this "rumbling" the entire time.

Am searching for more personal experiences from others at this time.

Oh....Almost forgot to add that my girlfriend said she heard this noise the other night when she woke up at around 3 am EST.....
Also called my grandmother who said she had her T.V. up pretty loud tonight but did hear a similar strange sound a few nights ago (not sure what night it was exactly....she gets her dates mixed up frequently) when she woke for something to drink in the middle of the night...She also claimed it was around 3 am EST when she heard this....though she wrote it off to passing jets....though she did note that it continued much longer than what she usually hears from jets passing....(Again...not sure how long...but she did say more than 10 minutes)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
East Central Indiana here and yes I have heard the sound. Last March while on a month long stint of wading my local reservoir, walleye fishing, I heard a rumble in the distance that sounded like extremely heavy machinery working. It lasted for a long time and sounded like it came from the sky towards the Northern horizon. A guy fishing beside me noted the noise as well and that it was like nothing he had ever heard before. It was a rumble with a slight metallic audible. We were not near any AFB or any Earth moving or heavy equipment whatsoever. The sound seemed like it was comming from a great distance but still there. It lasted for at least 20 minutes before going away. Can't remember if it was the same day or not but an obvious military helicopter (which seemed out of the ordinary considering the closest base was well over 100 miles away) frequented the area in which we were and made multiple passes. This too was witnessed by another fisherman.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thats the link I posted in a while ago.
I heard the sound back in June / July 2011 in Chorley, Lancashire.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I've heard it half a dozen times now. I live on the north shore
of Lake Travis in Austin Texas. The sound is a constant rumble(usually)
and comes from the north, far away it seems, and high in the sky.
It's not traffic, train or anything else mundane that I can think of.
I have lived here for 5 years and never heard anything like it.
I first heard the sound 3 months ago.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sussy

The sound scared me because it was a loud noise! It was very loud and for there to be such a noise and no obvious place of origin, it's very eerie. I still cannot properly put into words how this noise sounded.
It was as though someone was running a cement mixer and had thrown shards of metal into it, it was like a churning screeching noise, mixed with a chopping sound like a helicopter. But like I mention in my thread, there was nothing visible apart from this 'mass' in the sky and when it went, it went quickly and seemed to drift further down into town.

SINCE that has happened, my partners parents who lived literally around the corner have heard the SAME noise twice. Not this horn/trumpet sound, but these weird rolling/churning noises. We live on the top of a cliff, we can see into the bay, there is nothing to be seen. Yet these noises come back from time to time.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
1-24-2012 before noon. Huge whooshing sound as if a jet was starting up, went on for at least 5 mins. Dogs went ballistic as usual.

I would say I hear it three to five times a month here in North St Louis Missouri USA

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We're in South Wales in the UK and last night at around 10:50 we both heard a really odd noise which came from outside but we could not tell the direction which it came from, it was extremely loud and we only had the window open an inch or two...

We both sat up in bed and said ''wtf?!'', the only way we could describe it like the noise made when you run your finger around the wet rim of a glass... Looked out and couldn't see anything... I have been searching on the net but can't seem to others experiencing this type of noise.. Anyone??

Over the past year or so we've heard two other strange noises in the middle of the night, one which sounded like heavy traffic - the nearby motorway is in clear sight and there were no vehicles at all..... The other sounded like a low flying plane that didn't fade away, it was there for a few minutes at the same pitch then it wasn't...

Been in the same house for 30 years and never heard any weird noises like we have been lately....

Also, I saw my very first UFO going over our house about a month ago, it was a red sphere which didn't seem at that high an altitude, maybe at the height of a small plane. It made no noise and didn't seem to be ''drifting'' the way that chinese lanterns do, we see a lot of those around here. It moved very purposely from North to South at a steady and pretty fast speed, not fading at all, until it disappeared over the mountain. I will forever regret not having my camera handy as that would have been great for my first thread

top topics

<<   2 >>

join