It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members who have heard the sound, report here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply.

So far the discriptions are coming as a constant of a simular sound around the world and all have not been discribed like the Ukraine sound.

Most of the replies did not mention any craft in the sky.

So could this sound be atmospheric?
If so why aren't all people hearing it?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I live in a rural area of West Yorkshire UK. - not even a road nearby. Nearly a week ago I was woken up at about 3am by a loud rumbling which I thought was thunder at first. But it was continuous for a good half hour and definitely not thunder and unfortunately I was too frightened to look out the window! It didn't sound anything like planes to me though I understand there have been practice runs as part of the Olympics defence precautions. If it happens again, I'll be brave and take a look.
edit on 26-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was noticing another thread going on...didn't feel it was right to post there.

My wife and I have both heard "the Sound"...I have only heard it once, I actually had forgotten that I had heard it. She has heard it multiple times, the last time being 4-5 months ago. I just remember the both of us waking up and being like "what the hell was that!?"

We're just a little outside Boston.

Further...
She said that she was sleeping on the couch one night with the window open and it woke her and scared the crap out of her...
edit on 5/3/12 by madhatr137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
November 2011. Charleston, SC, USA. Middle of the night on two consecutive nights, and on several other dates around that time I can't recall. Sounded like a plane or train but was very loud and omnidirectional from my perspective. Lasted for around an hour each time and was loud enough that I heard it outside despite wearing headphones. I went out to investigate both times and couldn't tell where the sound was coming from at all. I did look up for any lights from planes etc, and saw none. There are no train tracks or other large mechanized equipment anywhere near my home as far as I know, that would explain the sound.

I don't recall feeling sick but cannot remember for sure. I believe at the time I thought it was odd but shrugged it off until I read of similar noises being heard here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Yeah, I thought the same. Shrugged it off, went back to sleep. Read articles about it, got more and more interested in it, kind of forgetting I'd heard "something" until my wife, tonight was listening to some videos of it and I was like "aah, you've stumbled onto 'the hum'..." and she was like "yeah, I've heard this...we've heard this...". Then I remembered.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thanks guys for your posts. I do wonder if there is a reason more people are hearing these noises now. I found I became quite concerned that I heard this noise and whether it was some way a calling? I'm not sure what I'm trying to express but as this noise is worldwide, maybe it has a meaning to it?
Yes it could be earth bound noises but how come in our point in time, they are only just being reported. Surely if it is earth bound, historical archives would have these sounds noted.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join