It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Carl Sagan know something?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by buttle2000
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I've got Cosmos at home. It's a good watch. But as time passes I become more and more skeptical on the science. You know, Scientists preach the truth like Priests, and they are an enemy of the people.
What I like most about the series is Sagan's love for Mankind, his hopes for world peace, and his outspokenness against government domination.

All that said, Cosmos might be a big media smoke screen to occult deeper truths.

Hey, I loved Cosmos, both the television series and the book. It wasn't so much about Science as it was about Sagan's PASSION for Science. And it was fun to watch Sagan wax passionate, in his own way. That series established so many iconic phrases, such as "primordial soup" and "we are all star stuff" and all the other Saganisms.

But it always disappointed me that Sagan was an atheist and a political commentator. In his disdain for religion and superstition, Sagan closed off his mind from a HUGE part of the Universe, preferring to follow the black-and-white of Scientific dogmatism, and then USING Science to make political statements and set political agendas.

Science should NEVER be made a platform for political movements. Science is constantly in transition, it contradicts and corrects itself. I mean, Science is split on anthropogenic global warming, but you can SEE who are the fanatics... It's the ones pushing a political agenda, pushing Carbon taxes and a Green Economy. In other words, Follow The Money.

Science can't afford to align itself with political agendas, and Science cannot continue to disdain Humanity's innate spirituality. Science UNBOUND can do great things, I think. But Sagan's world of Nuclear Winter — which was blatant fear-mongering — was a politically-driven kind of Science.

Just like ALL of the modern Doomsday Scenario science programming is pure politically-driven Science. It's speculation that is intended to FRIGHTEN people. And I think Sagan started that with his Nuclear Winter lectures.

As much as I loved Sagan's intellect and his personality, I didn't agree with his politics.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Very interesteing topic,I'm glad to see there's still mystery out there thankyou for taking the time to share it.
It really does make you sit back and make you wonder.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShockTruther
On a side note, I find it LoLsy that people believe in conspiracies involving fairly large groups, which would be necessary to make these circles. Then the same people refuse to believe that 9/11 could have been an inside job.

Pardon, but there's a MAJOR difference between a busload of stoned university students stomping around all night in a wheat field by LED-light and a demolition crew accessing the superstructure of a skyscraper for a month prior to bringing it down.

HUGE difference.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShockTruther
On a side note, I find it LoLsy that people believe in conspiracies involving fairly large groups, which would be necessary to make these circles. Then the same people refuse to believe that 9/11 could have been an inside job.

"Too many people would have to be involved and someone would have talked!", they say.

BTW if anyone in the knows how to contact circlemakers in the U.S. will you PM me. I want to find a group in the Midwest to join. I know some great places near forgotten and isolated Adena mounds. Great energy in those places just waiting to be channeled.

Yes lets see it takes the same effort/number of people to "BEND SOME GRASS" as it would to fake a terrorist attack and demolish some buildings.

The logic used by some on here beggers belief!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Yes lets see it takes the same effort/number of people to "BEND SOME GRASS" as it would to fake a terrorist attack and demolish some buildings.

The logic used by some on here beggers belief!

Heh heh heh. It's Basic Logic.... IF 19 people can stomp out a pattern in a wheat field, THEN 19 people can covertly wire two skyscrapers for demolition.

LOL

edit on 25-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hello! I've only read about two pages of this thread (and will read the rest after this post), but the part of the OP's post that included sending out the message, "2', 5'---6 ... 3', 5'---10" intrigued me. If this reply message from the crop formation is real, with the connections made, then this would be a proper reply to the acknowledgement of the DNA information being presented.

AND SO! Being a person who has experienced the UFO phenomenon for almost a decade of my life now, I would be interested to see if I get some reaction by graffiti'ing this message onto my roof.

I live in Brooklyn, and on my block all the apartment buildings are connected by roof, as they are built side by side. I basically have most of the block as my roof top. I spray painted the message across two roofs in two sections, "2', 5'---6" and "3', 5'---10" respectively. I will watch the skies for a few nights, digital camcorder + phone in hand, and will relay any response, as I have gotten signs of what I would deem an acknowledgement of me acknowledging seeing them in the sky. On a few occasions, I had dumbfounded friends with me and they, too, agree that it seemed as if they knew we were watching.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Obviously were counting out the first crop circles. Sorry OP bringing it up. But is it me or does it look like a sort of fusion of atoms. A formula for greater than light speed travel. If they sent the other things in such great detail why would they put the first attempt as mere unrecognizable circles. Im guessing it was a failed attempt to see if we could figure it out. Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
If Aliens were sending messages to us via Crop Circles based on the idea that they wanted "the public" to know about their presence, then why send information that 99.9% of people on the planet do not understand?

I find some Crop Circles interesting and find it worth investigation in some cases, but there are always some questions that I think of that stop me believing in the whole Alien Messaging theory.

1/ As i said above, why send complex messages and not just a simple message that we all understand?

2/ Why are nearly all crop circles in the UK or USA?

The real deal will be when the same crop circle appears simultaneaously In several countries with a message that we can all understand.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I have read through the entire OP. It is a very interesting subject....S + F,
What were the circumstances surrounding SAGAN's death/drowning?
Perhaps it is the E.T's that walk amongst us adopting human-like form who actually make these crop designs!!

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elg3cko
I live in Brooklyn, and on my block all the apartment buildings are connected by roof, as they are built side by side. I basically have most of the block as my roof top. I spray painted the message across two roofs in two sections, "2', 5'---6" and "3', 5'---10" respectively. I will watch the skies for a few nights, digital camcorder + phone in hand, and will relay any response, as I have gotten signs of what I would deem an acknowledgement of me acknowledging seeing them in the sky. On a few occasions, I had dumbfounded friends with me and they, too, agree that it seemed as if they knew we were watching.

Proactive! I like it.

If I were you, I'd be working towards a color/sound interface with the UFOs...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Hello Rigel,
If you had read the whole thread and did a little research, you would know that Dr. Carl died of pneumonia after 3 marrow transplant due to a peculiar leukemia.

No conspiracy there, sorry.

73's,
Tom

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

'When the message is a warning, there's no need to parse words — you convey a sense of urgency, and those who heed the warning will heed it.'

While I agree with everything else you have said I cannot agree that crop circles are a bad medium. Some are conveyed with a sense of urgency and those who heed the warning have heeded it, via crop circle.

What if it is upon us to enact the change, stop the impending doom, and they are powerless to stop us by some universal law??? What if they cannot interfere, to a certain extent?

If we're going to flirt around the fringe then we need to consider all aspects. I don't agree that flying around dropping fliers in a UFO is fair on the people who want to remain ignorant, and I believe the people who don't want to wake up deserve to continue to live ignorantly while their rights are stripped away.

Those who are awake are the ones who are alert to the world around us and the possibilities and accept the shades of grey that accompany the black and the white.

There are always rules of engagement. I'd like to even go all theoretical and ask, given the constraints of said restrictive ROE how you would try communicate to those who want to listen while not affecting their free will?
edit on 25-1-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

Love that movie. :O I will consider it. Being a visual artist myself, coupled with both musical and visual artists within my circle of friends, I'm sure we'd come up with something.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I understand what ur saying but see it this way from their point of view. Why not send out complex messages? 90% of politicians wouldn't even understand an anagram in front of their face if u put it on his speech cards he's handed. And if they did realize aliens put their "grubby claws" on american soil.(Their view). I think none the lessthey would view it somehow as an act of war and raise security to high ends and put the world into mass panic. This also would create pro and anti groups for the aliens (Much like V) creating wars and more mass hysteria. So I wouldn't advise the aliens doing anything to show themselves. We as a race must discover them fair and square in their terms as they done to us.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Oh and sorry. About your second question I believe the reason is simple. You don't give an algebra book to a kindergarten class unless you want it questioned then ultimately destroyed by lack of knowledge.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

As modern technology has increased, like GPS, so has the complexities of crop circles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are using GPS now, brilliant. Conveniently ignoring no damage to stalks and the exposure to microwave radiation.
Just to clarify folks this is what you need to make a convincing crop circle.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead

This is exactly what I'm talking about. To get the "bearers of false gifts..." message from this, you need to decode it via ASCII.

ASCII is used by computers to encode and store text. It was invented in the 60s.

You'll notice in the original Arecibo message, no actual language is used. The mathematics of binary, as well as the numbers involved in chemistry are far more universal and stand a chance of being understood.

If you sent the aliens a message where "24" represented "A", "25" represented "B", how the hell would you expect them to ever figure that out, let alone understand the english language?

If you sent a message to an alien species, would you have the foresight to encode it in their own digital computer storage standard (which is, by definition, a completely arbitrary code), written in their own language?

GET REAL!

OK OK OK...

Now if these Watchers A.K.A Aliens Demons Angels & Guardians ( to a Few ) Civ3 civ4 ...

Have been here ON EARTH for a Long Long Time thousands of years ""a BIg + "" !!

Would you think that just maybe

They would Know Man's Technology seeing it Progress Through the Ages !!!

they may have given the Inspiration, the Ideas of those Inventions and Creations ( The Technology )

Dreams , Suggestions etc....

You Would think Aliens would know Our Technology in How it Works Especially Being that are Thousands of Years Advanced then US

OR!!!!!

Its Just US Humans ... Just the Ones that Hide the Ones that are more Advance than US
as Legends of Atlantis as it States of Superior Technology From a Ancient Greek Writer Plato

Well we as Modern Men have been on this( Planet Earth ) for at least 200,000 years Physically Unchanged

well.. Slightly that is

Just a thought ...

I cant wait for Disclosure ... Then we can be in the Galactic Federation

You Know !! Milky Way Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy Canis Majoris Dwarf Galaxy Federation

Never Happen tho were still a Civilization Type 0 :
:
edit on 25-1-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
About that closed mindedness (haven't read all 5 pages yet) My wife firmly (closed mindedly) believes that ETs are ONLY devils and demons and works of Satan.

Mind you, a definition of ET is something not from earth. So with that reasoning God would be an ET, yet she doesn't want to consider this.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

This is cool....but it's humanoid.

I'm sorry. But humanoid aliens simply are not likely to be real...in any local area.

Not saying this is all fake. Just saying, it's clear that they all have different art directions.

An at the end of the day, if you can send a ship to print these pixelated arts, why not just leave a large monolith, with higher resolution text and proof that you are from somewhere else?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Its not closed mindedness its called brainwashed by a book. People believe more in what a book says than facts and conclusive data. (Not saying this is either)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join