It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Carl Sagan know something?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So it was raining now??

Really?

Are you that desperate for this theory to be true that you'll make stuff up?

I've read posts that suggested this, I could be wrong. Even without rain, it would be one of the 10 wonders of the world....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why o why do all the crop circles happen in the UK if they can be made by anyone?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Pauligirl

Well I guess that answers the OP's question, did Carl Sagan know something?

When it comes to DNA, no.

Well that it for you then is it?
Why WAS the 4 billion included?

As for the poster suggesting it was all done by drake, well, drake was the person I refer to in the op that said silicone was pure science fiction. We know it isnt. He also makes these statements only after carl died.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

don't let me slow you down! it still is a very striking discrepancy between the numbers and I would be very interested to know the justification for using the 4 billion figure.

also, the real prize here is the 2' 5' linkage of the DNA. I had never heard of this before. if *I* have never, you can bet yet shoes that drunken college students have never.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Why o why do all the crop circles happen in the UK if they can be made by anyone?

Because if you get busted here in the states,,,,,,,

You will probably be staring down the barrel of a shotgun.......Farmers get pissed here, there you guys embrace it. Tresspassing is a violation that could get you blasted with whatever the farmer has at his disposal....

Not to mention that teenagers(or whatever age) around here don't really give a damn about a few pics in a cornfield

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by daveyboy1991

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by randyvs

I have to SnF your fully comprehensive and elaborate hoax. I mean post Sorry.

Please explain the hoax?

It was a joke he made

Thank you Davey boy.

Void

Come on Void. You lack a sense of humour so much you can't see the word joke ?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I find these Crop circle posts facinating,another force must be at power here.

The motion of fluidity is at work,I believe its an answer.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Rain and wheat is a bad combo...

And one of the 10 wonders of the world? They couldn't even get the outside lines straight!

And why would aliens, who received a binary radio signal, come to earth to make a crop circle?

Logic would suggest that they would reply the same way they received it...in a line of binary code sent by radio waves.

The image seen is a human depiction so that a lay person can understand it, since a line of 1's and 0's means nothing to them.

edit on 24/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

They couldn't even get the outside lines straight!
I agree. But I'll repeat. I personaly am not realy interested(in this thread) as to who did it. My interest was the dna. I included the circles to show how I came to the question of the dna. You know as well as I do that would have been the first question asked.

The image seen is a human depiction so that a lay person can understand it, since a line of 1's and 0's means nothing to them.

Apart from the differences its exactly how it was meant to be seen by whoever received it. Width x Height is constructed from two prime numbers. I wonder if all the scientists involved in that message considered an alien receiver to be lay people?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
The area showing our solar system is slightly different.

Don't know about all of this post, but the part (above) about the solar system depiction caught my attention...

The reply, showing Earth, Mars, and Jupiter raised up, AND Jupiter "glowing" made me think of *2001: A Space Odyssey*! Recall in the sequel, "2010", Jupiter is turned into a new "sun" so that our system becomes a binary star system. This could also (maybe) make Mars habitable. To me this looks like what the reply is showing us...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

DNA from all organisms is made up of the same chemical and physical components. The DNA sequence is the particular side-by-side arrangement of bases along the DNA strand (e.g., ATTCCGGA). This order spells out the exact instructions required to create a particular organism with its own unique traits.

The genome is an organism’s complete set of DNA. Genomes vary widely in size: the smallest known genome for a free-living organism (a bacterium) contains about 600,000 DNA base pairs, while human and mouse genomes have some 3 billion. Except for mature red blood cells, all human cells contain a complete genome.

DNA in the human genome is arranged into 24 distinct chromosomes--physically separate molecules that range in length from about 50 million to 250 million base pairs. A few types of major chromosomal abnormalities, including missing or extra copies or gross breaks and rejoinings (translocations), can be detected by microscopic examination. Most changes in DNA, however, are more subtle and require a closer analysis of the DNA molecule to find perhaps single-base differences.

For more information on the subject: Human Genome Project

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

First off...great job on the OP, lots of information yet very easy to follow. A lot has been covered in previous replies, but I think many people are simply overlooking the message on the disk. There are good people/beings out there...whether extraterrestrial or not...that are working hard to get the truth out. I personally believe we wouldn't be having this conversation if someone hadn't been helping us out over the past 20 years. And it's pretty obvious why they wouldn't just send the reply to the media, as that is the front-line of deception both today and in recent history. I guess crop-circles would be a pretty incorruptible medium, as most people dismiss them as hoaxes, and TPTB don't seem to care about them.

What I wonder is why this message wasn't put in multiple places simultaneously (around the world)....that would dismiss much of the attempts to debunk it.

Guess the only thing to do now is send more messages out into space...just this time frame the message with more details, as it seems "they" only answer the questions that are asked. Maybe they can tell us how to harvest ether for energy if we ask.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

If it is alien dna and we are closer to them than chimp's, i just hope the alien chick's are hot!! Just sayin

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Carl Sagan is one of my heroes. He knew how to make me interested in science, He explained in a way everyone could understand
And he is awesome to auto tune and remix

edit on 25-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
With all do respect to some who are stuck on the circles, I think the point is about the info, the time sent, etc.
I think the answer is sort of basic considering the source (Carl Sagan) and that is simply; He just may have had info he knew was being withheld that could benefit mankind, and in his wisdom knew that "in time" other scientists would understand he didn't make an error and the number of DNA pairs would eventually be known. At such a time, many others would also be familiar enough and be able to piece together, that some of those in position and/or power were, and most likely still keeping everyone in the dark. If he knew this info in 74, and we only officially found out a short time ago, the same info; then how much more is known that would take us that much longer to find out and help mankind, or explore much more or who knows the limits?
I'm glad someone took the time and stated this info in a way that in my opinion, really doesn't leave much to speculate on how much we're kept in the dark and told it's not our business to know....Great work on the OP

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Not to derail this to about only crop circles but maybe..... If they are from ET's then it would make sense to communicate with the masses by drawing on the earth as an ET with any intelligence would surely want to stay away from terrestrial scientist and governments as the cant be trusted as far as you can throw them (not using your spaceship tractor beam).
If i was the replying ET i would give the scientists ans TPTB a wide miss and go straight to the masses. This way if people are not willing to believe you made them and 2 drunk guys planking did then you really dont need to communicate with those people and can concentrate on the open minded and the believers.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JOBEone

If it is alien dna and we are closer to them than chimp's, i just hope the alien chick's are hot!! Just sayin

Do you find chimp chicks hot? Just saying

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalo321

Thankyou for your reply and understanding the point of the post.

Whenever I see disinfo at work (see above) I know we're on to something.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It is about the circles, you have completely dismissed that the crop circles could be man made and based the rest of your theory around that.

I know for a fact that crop circle makers are very capable of creating intricate designs, look at the Wilton windmill crop circle from a couple of years ago, I did a thread on it, was very clever what they did.

Here's the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Binary codes, ASCII, sound familiar?

Then the subtle reference to the Planck constant...geddit?

edit on 24/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

That circle is also a plain circle full of straight lines. Graphed out with a PC and then put into the crop. Not that clever.

And anyway off the topic of crop circles... OP this is probably one of the better articles I've come across on ATS. I had a vague idea of some of the info you posted but you put all the pieces together for me. S+F.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Whenever I see disinfo at work (see above) I know we're on to something.

And here's meat and veg of it all.

An opposing view us not disinfo, please act like an adult and take on criticism with maturity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join