It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black March 1st-31st in 2012. Show ACTA/SOPA etc we won't bow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was alerted to this vid since the ever growing worse-than-SOPA/PIPA world problem is about to be loosed upon the entire World. Still horribly shocked that not one person on here knows about ACTA, yet it's lighting up the web left and right with its seriousness.

We need more than what we did with SOPA, and this vid here which someone made really should be made viral.
From 1st March to 31st March, buy NOTHING electronic wise. No movies or going to the movies, no games, no phones, nothing.
That's the start of their fiscal year supposedly and this will do a lot of damage as the vid suggests.

I'm rather for this.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
One guy going in to what he all has and has a 6 min vid on why this is a good thing to do.

It really wakes one up to how much we support em and this is how they want to say thanks?
Mhm. I'm so doing the Black March.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I think this is the best idea since sliced bread. If the powers that we give these people can be used to take away our freedom, then we should take away those powers. I for one am all for this. Make it viral and maybe the sheeple will wake up to what is really going on with this.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm hoping against hope more ATS'ers will see this and spread it as well. I'm surprised at the lack of 'caring' things like this are giving. I'm starting to think a lot gave up just because the day after our internet black out, the gov't shut down that one mega upload site.

Guys and gals, we can't give up. We just can't. We haven't come this far waking up to toss the proverbial towel in now.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I logged into my previously-sanitized FB account just to spread this video. This is a fantastic idea. They act like a bunch of douchebags, we cost them a few billion.

Spread it far, spread it wide, and make it viral.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thank you for helping to spread it.

Glad to see (for now) two others are taking this seriously.

I have also posted it on my facebook profiles and here and where ever else I can just to get word out as this is a great idea and if enough folk do this, it should easily send a STRONG message to the corporations.

I mean, something HAS to give - and it aint gonna be my freedom to do anything. I know what is illegal. I know what is within my rights. I know my freedoms. And taking my net freedoms from me is not right. I don't go to government sites with any malicious intent. I don't hack into sites. I use the net to get info on history, space, silly stuff I'm interested in and also to do college to get my degree, keep up with friends and family who are far from me and etc.

So a few abuse the net. It's going to happen. We're /human/.
But a few bad apples can not ruin it for everyone else - though that's been a THING for eons now, sadly.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hey, I know that this thread is over a month old, but I just wanted to see how everyone's Black March was going.

I think that asking people to create a month-long void in their lives is a bit unrealistic. So as for myself, rather than try to boycott mainstream media, I'm trying to promote indie entertainment. Since music is my thing, I'm spending every day this month posting a new band on my Facebook. The band is either on an independent label who is not associated with RIAA or on no label at all. I'm doing my best to post a variety of genres to piques peoples' interests... everything from metal to dance pop... at one point I even posted a solo harpist.

The RIAA says that they represent 90% of marketed music. But marketed music is only like 10% of what's actually out there. There are so many great undiscovered bands out there, there's no reason to settle for the mainstream.

So anyway, that's my story. How's everybody else doing?

top topics

join