It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Back!! Soros: Occupy To Turn Violent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

It wont be just OWS to get violent, it will be everyone.
Everyone should be mad.
Everyone has every right to be mad.

Violence solves nothing without an end-game strategy and good leadership. If OWS overthrew the government they’d still be partying three weeks later. Then you’d all look at eachother and ask, “Now what?”

And really? Tantrum? you might not give a #, but lots of other people do. Such as myself. OWS will probably not go violent unless it has to, same with the rest of people. When there is no food to be had. When your savings is gone and your life is gone and your house is gone. And you'll watch the elites laughing right to the bank.

50% of America receives some form of government aid. What will those people do when the government is gone?

I don't even want to get into it here, The bottom line is. Every single person has a right to be mad right now. Its -if- you see it or not that is the problem. Something will snap one day. And its going to be a #show. And i bet most of you will be on the streets with everyone else. Taking back our planet.

It doesn’t have to be that way but….if it happens I will be protecting my family like everyone else.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

It wont be just OWS to get violent, it will be everyone.
Everyone should be mad.
Everyone has every right to be mad.

Violence solves nothing without an end-game strategy and good leadership. If OWS overthrew the government they’d still be partying three weeks later. Then you’d all look at eachother and ask, “Now what?”

And really? Tantrum? you might not give a #, but lots of other people do. Such as myself. OWS will probably not go violent unless it has to, same with the rest of people. When there is no food to be had. When your savings is gone and your life is gone and your house is gone. And you'll watch the elites laughing right to the bank.

50% of America receives some form of government aid. What will those people do when the government is gone?

I don't even want to get into it here, The bottom line is. Every single person has a right to be mad right now. Its -if- you see it or not that is the problem. Something will snap one day. And its going to be a #show. And i bet most of you will be on the streets with everyone else. Taking back our planet.

It doesn’t have to be that way but….if it happens I will be protecting my family like everyone else.

Most poverty on this planet is due to the corporate elite, the banking elite. The IMF, The World Bank, the Federal Reserve. And those that own and control those. People have a crap standard of living not by their own means. The unofficial unemployment is climbing ever higher while the government lies about progress. People have no work. We've been made to rely on a welfare system because it keeps those who are hungry in a somewhat comfortable state. Not even, but you know what i mean.

"Oh the government sent me a cheque for 300 bucks, they're taking care of me! PROPS!"

Really? 300 bucks to shutup the theft of trillions of dollars?

Sorry, you can probably see i'm getting a little irritated, not at you in particular just about the topic im typing about. Its a soft spot with me. I dont claim to be some smarty pants, or geek or anything like that. The only danger OWS has is to the status quo. Just like anonymous. Just like the average citizen when the web of lies and deceit collapses in on itself. Some days.. i could just live in a submarine by myself (or something, lol)

I apologize if i strayed too far off topic,
And if i insulted anyone i did not mean to
edit on 23/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I thought this was dead by now.

Your title of the thread said "They're back." Are they coming or going...or do you even know?

First off, this is a WND article...which is well known for being less than trustworthy in realm of facts. They are the "National Enquirer" of political commentary.

Second, their source John Arlidge wrote his article pertaining to the comments by Soros about class warfare and economic instability America is facing.

Occupy was just a footnote.....a small mention in the article. The WND headline is "Occupy to turn violent" The source article is titled "George Soros on the Coming of the US Class War."

Conveniently, WND has taken this information and bastardized it to make the entire premise based around Occupy and violence. But that is to be expected from WND.

Here is a link to the original source from which the WND article is derived. I invite you to read that version and put everything into proper context. Or is this thread supposed to be an Occupy trolling thread?

Daily Beast

edit on 23-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Most poverty on this planet is due to the corporate elite, the banking elite. The IMF, The World Bank, the Federal Reserve. And those that own and control those. People have a crap standard of living not by their own means. The unofficial unemployment is climbing ever higher while the government lies about progress. People have no work. We've been made to rely on a welfare system because it keeps those who are hungry in a somewhat comfortable state. Not even, but you know what i mean.

I agree. Why then is OWS allowing one of the 1% to control and fund them? Why then would you take money from the very people you say you're against?

"Oh the government sent me a cheque for 300 bucks, they're taking care of me! PROPS!"

Who said it $300?? A new stat came out today that a family of 3 receiving social benefits making $14,500 per year has more disposable income than a family earning $60,000.

Tonight's stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the "Evil Empire", Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that "a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year." And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system.

link
e dit on 23-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Lol. Taxpayers money.
Your kidding me right? Most of your tax money pays the global elites bills.

Right so lets just toss away thousands of dollars more so we can allow a bunch of over privileged college kids and the riff raff of society to construct shanty towns that contribute nothing.

Originally posted by AzureSkyHow can people formulate ideas on something so vast and complex that its difficult to comprehend?

By attacking it piece by piece by piece. Instead we have some kid in his designer abercrombie clothes and 200 dollar head phones crying about how unfair it is his degree in haiku hasn't given him in a job . So down with the bankers and usher in communism!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I find that the Occupy movement,on an ATS scale ,has dwindled considerably,as if the movement doesnt mean as much as some of its supporters were making it out to be,especially on this site. For a movement that claimed "we the people",where are all the voices?

Soros doesnt care about anyone,but his own "personal" agendas.

MHO

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I agree. Why then is OWS allowing one of the 1% to control and fund them? Why would you take money from the very people who protest?

Who said it $300?? A new stat came out today that a family of 3 receiving social benefits making $14,500 per year has more disposable income than a family earning $60,000.

Tonight's stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the "Evil Empire", Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that "a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year." And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system.

link

Sorry, i just pulled a figure out of my head, i didnt intend for it to mean the literal payment. 14k a year has more disposable income than someone making 60k? Alright... So here is some food for thought. Why?

Note: The amount of money going to the tide foundation (and then to the ad agency that started the movement) would barely be able to cost operating costs for the magazine itself. We have no recent updated transactions either i do not believe.

Why are the ones on welfare being paid to be unemployed?
Don't think of it like "they are needy and need it to survive" because they do, but think of it like this..
"How to pay off the lowest class so they dont revolt". And that money makes it way back to the "1%" anyways. Its used to purchase products by them, i bet all the people on welfare shop at walmart, because its cheaper! thus continuing the cycle of theft. You get a cheap chinese product that costs 3/4 as much to make as you paid for it, and it breaks. And you buy a new one.

What if welfare stopped? just all of a sudden completely gone?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Lol. Taxpayers money.
Your kidding me right? Most of your tax money pays the global elites bills.

Right so lets just toss away thousands of dollars more so we can allow a bunch of over privileged college kids and the riff raff of society to construct shanty towns that contribute nothing.

Originally posted by AzureSkyHow can people formulate ideas on something so vast and complex that its difficult to comprehend?

By attacking it piece by piece by piece. Instead we have some kid in his designer abercrombie clothes and 200 dollar head phones crying about how unfair it is his degree in haiku hasn't given him in a job . So down with the bankers and usher in communism!!!

Everyone has their right to their opinion. Communism doesnt work. it won't come here. Capitalism doesnt work. It needs to go. And thousands of dollars? Who cares about thousands of dollars. How much has occupy cost in "taxpayer money", 1 million? 2 million? 10 million?

The elite wipe their as$es with that amount of money.
Thats the best as$ wipe in history.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Your title of the thread said "They're back." Are they coming or going...or do you even know?

Hell if I know. I thought OWS was gone!!

First off, this is a WND article...which is well known for being less than trustworthy in realm of facts. They are the "National Enquirer" of political commentary.

First off, you can’t dismiss the OP by saying WND is illegitimate. Sorry!

Second, their source John Arlidge wrote his article pertaining to the comments by Soros about class warfare and economic instability America is facing.

Occupy was just a footnote.....a small mention in the article. The WND headline is "Occupy to turn violent" The source article is titled "George Soros on the Coming of the US Class War."

Conveniently, WND has taken this information and bastardized it to make the entire premise based around Occupy and violence. But that is to be expected from WND.

Here is a link to the original source from which the WND article is derived. I invite you to read that version and put everything into proper context. Or is this thread supposed to be an Occupy trolling thread?

The quotes where taken from a Newsmax article. The questions and comments don’t need context….it is what is.

Then you threw in the “troll” word to finish off your attempt?

Your discrediting skills are weak, sir! Nice try though!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Haha, discredited...(the other guy there)
Like a boss.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Everyone has their right to their opinion. Communism doesnt work. it won't come here. Capitalism doesnt work. It needs to go.

Capitalism works fine . One of the biggest problems with the OWS movement is the imbeciles who were preaching for ushering in a way of government cant seemingly differentiate capitalism from corporatism.

Originally posted by AzureSkyAnd thousands of dollars? Who cares about thousands of dollars. How much has occupy cost in "taxpayer money", 1 million? 2 million? 10 million?

I would say all the people who pay taxes care, i would say all the police who were wasting their time baby sitting the protestors care, i would say all the people and businesses who were harassed by the protestors care.

But by your logic who cares. lets just piss away more time and money since your government is doing it. lets help them out.

edit on 23-1-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Why are the ones on welfare being paid to be unemployed?
Don't think of it like "they are needy and need it to survive" because they do, but think of it like this..
"How to pay off the lowest class so they dont revolt". And that money makes it way back to the "1%" anyways. Its used to purchase products by them, i bet all the people on welfare shop at walmart, because its cheaper! thus continuing the cycle of theft. You get a cheap chinese product that costs 3/4 as much to make as you paid for it, and it breaks. And you buy a new one.

Ya…that and the fact that Liberals (and communists, socilaists, Marxists) need a dependant class to stay in power. Conservatives have been pointing out the American liberal agenda for years! No picture ID to vote?????
Who would support that besides the party that needs dependents to stay in power? Liberals!

What if welfare stopped? just all of a sudden completely gone?

That’s what I asked!! What happens when OWS sparks a revolution? The 50% on assistance right now would be up sh@t creek! Why then would they turn violent unless they are being led that way by true vulture-capitalists like Soros??

edit on 23-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

First off, you can’t dismiss the OP by saying WND is illegitimate. Sorry!

Sure I can. It's like trying to pass off an OP with Sorcha Fal as the source. WND is known for being shady and have been shown many times on this website to take information completely out of context for the purpose of perpetuating their own political agenda?

Need proof? See Jerome Corsi and the birther issue.

The quotes where taken from a Newsmax article. The questions and comments don’t need context….it is what is.

And that statement in no way addresses the fact I brought up. How can WND take an article titled "George Soros on the Coming of the US Class War" and then turn around and write an article called "Occupy to turn Violent"?

So it is not what it is. WND has taken small snippets of the original work and twisted it around.

Questions and comments don't need context?

Say what?

Then you threw in the “troll” word to finish off your attempt?

Considering the reputation of WND and some of your past threads/statements.....that's a valid question.

Your discrediting skills are weak, sir! Nice try though!

That may be so......good thing you are discrediting yourself!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
PWS are agressived criminals who should be smashed flat.

It's about time they sent in the Police with bullwhips, chains and axes and have them run them into the slammer for a couple of decades. Hopefully if they whck enough of these, a large number of this human filth won't be getting back up again afterwards.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Sure I can. It's like trying to pass off an OP with Sorcha Fal as the source. WND is known for being shady and have been shown many times on this website to take information completely out of context for the purpose of perpetuating their own political agenda?

Sorcha Fal compared to WND??? Really? His crap is completely fabricated BS. WND is not on that level.

And that statement in no way addresses the fact I brought up. How can WND take an article titled "George Soros on the Coming of the US Class War" and then turn around and write an article called "Occupy to turn Violent"?

So it is not what it is. WND has taken small snippets of the original work and twisted it around.

Questions and comments don't need context?

Say what?

Uhm….the only part about Soros was that he said OWS will turn violent! What context do you need for a statement like that? The context might be important if it went like this:

Reporter: What might happen first - The world is hit by a rogue star and explodes into dust OR OWS turns violent?

Soros: OWS will turn violent!

Considering the reputation of WND and some of your past threads/statements.....that's a valid question.

Some of my last threads?
Why, because we are polar opposite my threads are now crap?

Another epic FAIL at discrediting something.

Why won't you admit Soros involvement in OWS? You have to know he's plying OWS as pawns at this point!
edit on 23-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

His crap is completely fabricated BS.

Ya, that's almost where WND is at. They manipulate context for their own self-serving purposes. I'll give them credit though, they start with facts....but don't always end up with them intact.

Uhm….the only part about Soros was that he said OWS will turn violent!

And....he also said:

Occupy Wall Street “is an inchoate, leaderless manifestation of protest,” but it will grow. It has “put on the agenda issues that the institutional left has failed to put on the agenda for a quarter of a century.” He reaches for analysis, produced by the political blog ThinkProgress.org, that shows how the Occupy movement has pushed issues of unemployment up the agenda of major news organizations, including MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News. It reveals that in one week in July of last year the word “debt” was mentioned more than 7,000 times on major U.S. TV news networks. By October, mentions of the word “debt” had dropped to 398 over the course of a week, while “occupy” was mentioned 1,278 times, “Wall Street” 2,378 times, and “jobs” 2,738 times. You can’t keep a financier away from his metrics.

As anger rises, riots on the streets of American cities are inevitable. “Yes, yes, yes,” he says, almost gleefully. The response to the unrest could be more damaging than the violence itself. “It will be an excuse for cracking down and using strong-arm tactics to maintain law and order, which, carried to an extreme, could bring about a repressive political system, a society where individual liberty is much more constrained, which would be a break with the tradition of the United States.”

So the context is that this is much deeper than violence just within Occupy. It's about America, not just Occupy.

because we are polar opposite my threads are now crap?

You're right. I have every right to question the integrity of WND, but I do not have to make it personal. Even if I am correct, my statement was below the belt. I apologize.

Why won't you admit Soros involvement in OWS? You have to know he's plying OWS as pawns at this point!

I have yet to see this being proven. Why is it that George Soros is supposedly pumping all this money onto OWS, but many occupations are falling apart? I broke apart from the Occupy movement because of the direction it was moving, but I have never seen any money flow into the movement from any source other than local or participants.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

So the context is that this is much deeper than violence just within Occupy. It's about America, not just Occupy.

Soros said OWS is leaderless to throw people off his scent? So what? Follow the money…

Do you believe everything your congressmen tell you or do you follow the money?

You're right. I have every right to question the integrity of WND, but I do not have to make it personal. Even if I am correct, my statement was below the belt. I apologize.

No worries!

I have yet to see this being proven. Why is it that George Soros is supposedly pumping all this money onto OWS, but many occupations are falling apart? I broke apart from the Occupy movement because of the direction it was moving, but I have never seen any money flow into the movement from any source other than local or participants.

Here you go….there’s plenty more if you want to research it a bit…I promise! I’m not making it up to sway you or anyone else. It’s a reality as best I can tell.

The so-called leaderless Occupy movement has just been caught red-handed operating what appears to be a nerve center staffed by professional agitators deeply tied to groups funded by billionaire activist George Soros.

Continued...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'd like to know, if Soros is funneling cash to these groups and all the (insert people you don't like here) are all jumping on the bandwagon to get their money, why has it been a colossal failure, nothing has been accomplished other than some education. If Soros was funding this, and the entire thing was engineered from the start, I have a few things to say:

Firstly, man Soros must know everyone on earth as these "occupy groups" including those still active in CANADA, all sprung up independently and only after several weeks of "occupation" did they being to organize.

So I have to give Soros credit for having omnipotent powers of recruitment via I'm guessing subspace communication via Star Trek.

But I also have to laugh in his fail for his Epic failure, epic being a perfect term to describe it.

Failure to accomplish anything, failure to deal with, and negate, the BS propaganda people like you are spreading.

So apparently, because I see a problem with the corporatism and how government has skewed society to benefit those at the top at the expense of the rest, I'm a liberal leftist communist marxist. I'm still waiting for my complimentary Ipad2 and my first official cheque.

So, i must ask, how exactly is funding YOU? Who exactly is handing you the talking points you love to reiterate here constantly? Is it Obama? Is Obama secretly funding groups of people like you?

See, kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth when someone assumes you are being paid to hold the opinions you do, because they don't agree with you. At least it does for me.

Better yet, why haven't you started a group to make sure YOUR voice is heard, instead of spending your time trying to silence others. That, my friend, is American.

And don't dare tell me you already did and it's the tea party, because going by your methods, the tea party is nothing but a bunch of redneck hill billies drinking moonshine and polishing their shotguns while looking for a black man to lynch.

Of course, that's just a pathetic tiny minority of the tea party, but according to you, the tiny idiot minority IS the entire movement. Check mate.
edit on 24-1-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well after the last OWS sit ins and violence, disruption of commerce, disrespect for the rights and property, and countless lawless acts by the OWS folks, i think the Police will be more prepared to deal with these law breakers in a more forcefull manner. They may even push the envelope enough to become members of the first FEMA camp. LOL Instead of being part of a solution these OWS folks want to be a bigger problem. I see them as bunch of crybabies with a lot of free time on their hands to be able to sit in a park for a month. If you can take off work for that long, or just flat don't need to work because someone else is already footing your bill then what you have to say is of no interest to me and most all other folks I know.
How bout help clean up the city while you are there, maybe help those less fortunate homeless people you refused to feed LAST time you were down town protesting. Either way ( TALK TO THE HAND) OWS

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I like the kind of revolution Christopher Titus is proposing... A silent 3 hour protest where we all do NOTHING. No work, no buying products, no driving. Just stop whatever it is your doing for 3 hours. At the store? Just sit on the floor. Driving? Stop in the middle of the road. At work? Leave for 3 hours. They can't fire the entire nation. After the 3 hours get up and go about your daily life like nothing happned. Then send a message to congress "That was 3 hours next time it will be 3 months".

Was ment to be more of a joke. But I wonder what they would do if there "cash cow" stopped producing just for 3 hours. With the internet and cell phones it's possible, the problem would be getting everyone to go along with it. We would need someone to rally around, someone who isn't a political figure. A MLK type figure to stage a 3 million man march on DC. That would get there attention.

Edit:Sorry if this is a bit off topic. Just thought it might be relevant to the thread.
edit on 24-1-2012 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join