It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the WHY we have not yet made contact?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The most challenging question I face when trying to convince somebody that it is so logical that the Universe if full of intelligent life is when being asked why we have not made contact yet.

Basically I had the following answers in mind:

- The distance between star systems is too far
- We are not that interesting to them
- As laws exist here on Earth there might be a Galactic Law for Races to not intervene in any way in the course of evolution of other species
- We have to be happy not being visited yet because it might bring Apocalypse on us.

Today another WHY came to my mind which would like to share with you and see what you think..

What If...

maybe the ultimate price of joining the interstellar community is Immortality, which is something I believe our brother aliens are not that happy to share with us..i can imagine them not wanting to infest the universe with immortal humans..maybe who knows ..once we realize what love really means than maybe we can be granted all the secrets of the universe..

lets get rid of money for a change which is one of main roots of evil on this little blue dot.

sometimes i think that this is the real reason we have not yet made contact...its like when you win the lottery and keep it secret so that you dont have to share...

have you ever wondered if you won the lottery you might keep it as a secret ?

if you believe far more advanced civilizations , and I mean by far 10 billion years or so...have obtained Immortality?..the Ultimate secret of the Universe!!!

If you believe in so..than they might not want to share it with us

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Have you met a human recently? We like to think human intelligence is an impressive thing, yet most of us cant even override some of our basic animal instinct and rationalize things out.

Look at the whole hunger problems in the world, people who can't feed themselves can't logic out that having more mouths to feed would be a bad thing, yet the animal urge to reproduce overrides logic.

Im not just talking Africa but everywhere, if you can't feed and take care of your kids don't have them.

Than you could go into our violent nature and inherent xenophobia that still shows it self as Racism through out the world.

Yeah, if I was an alien race I would be lining up to greet us...

But since your speculating on it, I would say it would be far more likely Humans are on some galactic TSA NO fly list of some kind.
edit on 23-1-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We are an immature species just barely out of the jungle.

Our "leaders" abuse and misuse the advanced technology they withhold from us, and we kill one another without just cause and have little value for life.

Would you want to stop by here and give us a hand?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Wait....Huh?

Sorry that just seemed a bit disjointed....Why would Aliens be immortal...and why would they feel like they'd have to share that with us, if we knew they existed? I'm sure if they've got an immortality ray (or whatever) then their tech is advanced enough, that they'd be able to defend themselves just fine, if we knew of them, and wanted to force them to give us immortality.....I mean, I guess I don't see the connection.

Nor do I really get the whole, 'winning the lotto' and keeping it secret comparison. Why would I have to help someone I didn't want to help? If I won the lotto, I think I'd be able to help out the few people that I really wanted to...then I'd just live in a nice gated house, with a kick-ass security system. No reason to keep it secret at that point.
edit on 23-1-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: They're, Their, There.....Those kind of mistakes.....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't think so because immortality is something we'll figure out soon enough. And as for sharing the universe - it's so vast (almost incomprehensibly so) that a few billion more "people" couldn't fill .00001% of it

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
infinite universe with infinite possibilities, look deep enough and you will find what you seek
infinite universe but not our imagination

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here is how a conversation goes when I talk about the subject to a skeptic (no hate on skeptics, but skeptical of a concept is a bit silly..be skeptical of claims, but concepts makes you just a cynical jerk).

FX: Aliens..cool
Notme: Aliens dont exist, else contact woulda been made
FX: How?
Notme: Don't know..land on the whitehouse lawn or center of london
FX: To what end?
Notme: To prove they exist
FX: and then?
Notme: I don't know..give us stuff.
FX: So, you think because they haven't come down here to give us ray guns, they must not exist
Notme: Why are we discussing this at a strip bar!
FX: Good point. got change for a 10?

Point is, why would they suddenly just show up? If there is an alien presence, it makes sense very few would know about it until we as a civilization are on the edge of zooming around space and will bump into them..until then, the aliens themselves would only alert the rulers and technological leaders...start a slow but steady stream of education and programming to make the concept of life -out there- seem first not totally absurd, then eventually taken for granted.

I suspect we are coming pretty close to the end of that phase..but this is a multi-generational programming.

If the aliens were hostile, we would already have been dead long ago...or enslaved, etc..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
I don't think so because immortality is something we'll figure out soon enough. And as for sharing the universe - it's so vast (almost incomprehensibly so) that a few billion more "people" couldn't fill .00001% of it

Immortaility seems unlikely. even atoms will eventually lose their bindings.
Longevity however..sure, thats just biotech. get the nanites to constantly repair and you could live for quite a long time..basically until you choose to stop living..or the atoms themselves come apart.

All things shall pass in time.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Interesting theory. Personally I think that they have visited and did just that. I really don't think that the honest aliens are here to get tangled into our problems. However with good comes the bad. I'm sure the evil aliens would love to take advantage of our narrow minded and underdeveloped sense of reality. Because honestly, we really don't have a clue about what is really going on around us.

As far as being immortal. That may be true for some other race, but not humans. We age in a way where our organs fail after a certain point so being immortal is almost impossible.

Just a thought though.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
With our growing problem with overpopulation running faster and faster out of control, I suspect aliens might fear that WE will eat THEM, as opposed to the other way around in classic sci fi.

mmmm. Tastes like chicken!

On a serious note, we really really do need to get a handle on the overpopulation issue.
More people = everything gets more expensive.
More people = greater competition for limited resources.
More people = more social friction

If we stop making more people, we might just have a chance to get off this rock to work out more elbow room.
If not, the growing populations will devour every resource that could be used to get off this rock until we couldn't get off this rock even if we wanted to.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

While I think Your reasons make some sense, I contend that the reason is that We have long ago made contact and the secret is held by a few. They keep it secret for some reason, including the purported contract to allow Them to abduct and study Us.

I say They are among Us now.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Some have made contact.

But due to our capacity to compartmentalize we tend to rely and fall back upon "belief" systems and disregard anything that might be new and informative and sourced from extraterrestrial intelligence.

Look at how Billy Meier was ridiculed and discredited....supposedly for creating fake UFO models ....a one armed man building models ?

Turn off your Television and read a book ....there is much information as to why we are not being contacted.

I will leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

With our growing problem with overpopulation running faster and faster out of control, I suspect aliens might fear that WE will eat THEM, as opposed to the other way around in classic sci fi.

What "overpopulation?" That is a myth. If You gave every Human - from new-born to just barely hanging on - 1/4 acre of land in Australia (4% of land mass on this planet EXcluding Antarctica) You would still have a chunk of Australia left over...and the rest of the planet. If You took the volume of all the Humans on this planet and put it in the Grand Canyon, it wouldn't fill one of the side canyons. Statistically speaking, Humans don't exist on this planet.

We could produce enough food on this planet to feed 10 times what We have now. Supermarkets alone throw out HUNDREDS of THOUSAND of TONS of food a MONTH. (Add restaurants and other food institutions and...) Distribute by need and not profit and We could feed everyOne. Farming organically gives higher yields with far better nutrition. Farm organically and We would have more food. We presently pay corporate "farmers" to NOT grow food. Farm all Our land and food would overflow.

And this planet has plenty of stone, mud, and other building materials to house Us all several hundred times over (or likely several thousands of times over).

Overpopulation, My rump.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Bravo!
You figured that one out!
Is the immortal jellyfish their spy i wonder?
Very fishy?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I give it a D-minus on the probabilty scale, but an A+ on a brilliant concept for a SF story/script.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

mmmm. Tastes like chicken!

On a serious note, we really really do need to get a handle on the overpopulation issue.
More people = everything gets more expensive.
More people = greater competition for limited resources.
More people = more social friction

If we stop making more people, we might just have a chance to get off this rock to work out more elbow room.
If not, the growing populations will devour every resource that could be used to get off this rock until we couldn't get off this rock even if we wanted to.

that's actually a very real possibility you may see in your own lifetime given enough time, say about 40 years we may hit a brick wall

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I am now imagining a small alien being made of crispy bacon and cheese hair wearing bread clothes.

they would have no chance...they should hide in fear!

"Greetings earthlings, we come in pea...OUCH! He bit me!!...RUN!!!! Back to the spaceship made completely of maple syrup!"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If we just got rid of all such things as "money",
who would play a lottery anyway?

edit on 23/1/2012 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
The most challenging question I face when trying to convince somebody that it is so logical that the Universe if full of intelligent life is when being asked why we have not made contact yet.

Basically I had the following answers in mind:

- The distance between star systems is too far
- We are not that interesting to them
- As laws exist here on Earth there might be a Galactic Law for Races to not intervene in any way in the course of evolution of other species
- We have to be happy not being visited yet because it might bring Apocalypse on us.

Today another WHY came to my mind which would like to share with you and see what you think..

What If...

maybe the ultimate price of joining the interstellar community is Immortality, which is something I believe our brother aliens are not that happy to share with us..i can imagine them not wanting to infest the universe with immortal humans..maybe who knows ..once we realize what love really means than maybe we can be granted all the secrets of the universe..

lets get rid of money for a change which is one of main roots of evil on this little blue dot.

sometimes i think that this is the real reason we have not yet made contact...its like when you win the lottery and keep it secret so that you dont have to share...

have you ever wondered if you won the lottery you might keep it as a secret ?

if you believe far more advanced civilizations , and I mean by far 10 billion years or so...have obtained Immortality?..the Ultimate secret of the Universe!!!

If you believe in so..than they might not want to share it with us

Humans have had 2000-3000 years to implement the equal society where it is service to all and humans are still playing around with power pyramids and systems of ego. Since technology pushes society change towards equality or armageedon, the aliens who are more advanced will probably be more egoless than us. They will come in numbers when we are ready to treat them right or according to the big plan that have been made on our evolution. We are still quarrentined and will until "the all that is one" says yes they are ready to join their soulbrothers and soulsisters. Seems that a change can be very close. Namaste

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Not everybody agrees that immortality is something to be wished for. Rather than a Grand Prize, it could easily be more of a curse making individual life events and accomplishments completely pointless and meaningless. Most of us die before the planet makes 100 quick spins around the Sun, and we don't even know how to fill up that time productively.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join