It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe leaders urge immediate end to Iran nuclear activities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Europe leaders urge immediate end to Iran nuclear activities

www.eubusiness.com

The leaders of Britain, France and Germany on Monday called on Tehran to immediately suspend its nuclear activities after the EU slapped an embargo on Iran's oil exports as part of tough new sanctions.

"We call on Iran's leadership immediately to suspend its sensitive nuclear activities and abide fully by its international obligations," British Prime Minister David Cameron, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in a joint statement.

"Our message is clear. We have no quarrel with the Iranian people. But the Iranian leadership has failed to restore
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why don't they ask Israel or Pakistan to stop their nuclear program since they're more of a threat to the region than Iran is?

These warmongers couldn't even wait until January 26-31when inspectors were set to leave. Their hunger for this war is becoming more and more obvious as each day goes by.

Today's sanctions and this new "immediate warning" reminds me of Iraq when Saddam was fully cooperating with inspectors but they still created lies to forward the war agenda.

www.eubusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
america's lapdogs yapping on cue again at imaginary enemies...

they need to be muzzled and leashed... or put to sleep so they stop annoying everyone...
edit on 23/1/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

At least you acknowledge that absolutely nothing happens without it somehow being America's fault/idea/etc.

Odd living in an utterly useless and drone world where there is only America's free thought.
I used to be skeptical about America's doings around the world, but ATS has proven to me how freaking awesome we are..I mean, to control foreign countries decisions lock, stock, and barrel..props to us, even the gods could not contemplate such power.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

How is Pakistan a threat? Their northern region is being bombarded by NATO, and they are a "threat". Wow.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What Nuclear Activities!!
People take the word nuclear and put it with Iran and automatically think weapons program. Iran has a right to its nuclear energy program like any other country in the world. This is really pissing me off more and more. I hope Iran sinks every single oil tanker through the gulf and which clogs up all the shipping lanes. How do you move a sunken supertanker off the straits? I would like to see you try to ship your oil through that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to worry about syria in this moment in time. When that kicks off maybe then Iran might decide to do the things that they claim they will do.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

How is Pakistan a threat? Their northern region is being bombarded by NATO, and they are a "threat". Wow.

Pakistan has nukes, Iran doesn't. It's simple really, your amazement puzzles me

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It looks once again that the Western Big Corporations are screaming for business.

They have been pimped out of the money because Iran is using the wrong resources again.

If General Electric was the sole contractor of Iranian nuclear power, there would magically be no problem.

But then again, Iran has always been sending money out of country into Western investments

(all for the mysterious reality of sanctionable holdings)

Hmmm.

What do the other European Nations say ?

What does the Government of Mongolia say ?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This is getting so predictable and boring. Iran won't stop their nuclear program no matter what the world tells them, maybe some more scientists will be killed, & eventually some kind of war will declared on Iran because they don't do what the world tells them to do.

Is everyone ready for more war? Peace is not the agenda of any Govt in this world.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

they need to be muzzled and leashed... or put to sleep so they stop annoying everyone...
edit on 23/1/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu..

Treat your pets with respect or they might come back to bite you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Why don't they ask Israel or Pakistan to stop their nuclear program since they're more of a threat to the region than Iran is?

Why do people avoid the obvious answers to this question?

It's all irrelevant now, pick a side and enjoy the game.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The EU has brought an embargo against Iranian oil, but as I understand it's only on new contracts. All existing contracts are safe, and must be fazed out by July.

In other words, this won't hurt Iran economically until the summer. And even then it won't hurt them too much as they sell most of their oil to Asia.

The West is trying to force Iran to close the Strait of Hormuz, to "show their hand" so to speak, so they can move in. It's pure provocation. Unfortunately for the warmongers, today's decision is too weak for Iran to react.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
I'm more inclined to worry about syria in this moment in time. When that kicks off maybe then Iran might decide to do the things that they claim they will do.

Actually, I bet that Europe calling out Iran, is for the purpose of focusing main stream media on the situation in Iran, along with the embargo.

And that the embargo, is not an oil embargo, but to ensure that Iran is not capable of aiding Syria.

Just hang on, within a few weeks ... Syria is in the same state as Lybia was.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
The West is trying to force Iran to close the Strait of Hormuz, to "show their hand" so to speak, so they can move in. It's pure provocation. Unfortunately for the warmongers, today's decision is too weak for Iran to react.

Iran "should" react ... it's their best move, to "force" the US into a conflict, the US and it's allies, have already decided to take.

Saying that "Iran aided in 9/11", is the same as telling Iran that there is an undeclared war on it. The Eurozone, with France, Britain and the United States, are literally "dying". Germany is going to lose its Industrial status now. This was the dumbest thing, Merkel could ever have done. The only reason that Germany has "kept" it's industry export status, is because it's not the US or Britain. Now, that will change ... Merkel is betting on a sinking ship, and that is precisely what we were all afraid she would do.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

The EU has brought an embargo against Iranian oil, but as I understand it's only on new contracts. All existing contracts are safe, and must be fazed out by July.

You are certainly right about that part, but from my understanding Iran has had an immediate freeze on it's central bank and other types of trade put in place. If I'm incorrect about this please point it out because I asked for a confirmation of this in another thread and never got a response.

Currency Wars - EU Bans Iran from Trading Gold and Silver

Reuters report that the EU has agreed to freeze the assets of the Iranian central bank and ban all trade in gold and other precious metals with the Iranian Central Bank and other public bodies in Iran.

According to IMF data, at the last official count (in 1996), Iran had reserves of just over 168 tonnes of gold. The FT reported in March 2011 that Iran has bought large amounts of bullion on the international market to diversify away from the dollar, citing a senior Bank of England official.

Does anyone know if the non oil related sanctions start right away or in July?
edit on 23-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So the US, France and Britain are also a threat, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Iran "should" react ... it's their best move, to "force" the US into a conflict, the US and it's allies, have already decided to take.

Never make the move your enemy wants you to make.

Iran reacts, it gets smashed.
edit on 23-1-2012 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

link   

So the US, France and Britain are also a threat, right?

Yes they certainly are, but it appears you took my previous response to you out of context.

The main reason I included Pakistan is due to the constant turmoil that goes on in that country. They are much less structured than Iran, and Iran is better equipped to control their population. Pakistan has already proven that they're unable to keep a stable society. I prefer nukes didn't exist, but if I had to make a choice I would easily choose Iran to have nukes rather than Pakistan.

link   

In other words, this won't hurt Iran economically until the summer. And even then it won't hurt them too much as they sell most of their oil to Asia.

Exactly, which is why the west is putting pressure on all remaining countries that buy oil from Iran. To be honest I think that they will all follow suit, to stay on the "good" side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join