It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets get one thing straight.. poverty/unemployed = fat people - BS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hey guys

ok so this is my first thread and i cant believe its a rant tbh...(bit disapointed wanted it to be something cool )

and it came from a reply in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

this comment... www.abovetopsecret.com...

anyway il get to my point.. im sick of people jumping on their high horse and thinking they can educate me

basicly i had a rant about how there is a woman next door to me who does # all (not even puts her rubbish out just dumps it in the front garden for me too look at when i return home) then her son who she neglects..leaves alone while she sits on her fat arse watching telly all day scoffing her face (even brings round other fat friends) ..while i work 5 days a week and dont get half the "luxarys" she gets.

luxarys such as "taste the difference" cookies / cans of coke / crisps / expensive juice (ribena)..

Now a few people on here believe that people in poverty/unemployed tend to be fat because of lack of money for proper fresh fruit and veg therefore the diet tends to be bad....

Understandbly it is more expenxive to eat healthy BUT! i just want to call all this BS

.. im poor but im not fat..i eat unhealthy sometimes (mircowave dinners etc) but im not fat

...there is a BIG difference from someone who eats 10 bags of crisps instead of 1...who eats a massive FAMILY size choclate bar instead of a normal size one.. and she is one of them.
(also how about putting that 24 multipack of crisps back at £2.49 you can have a bag of oranges and a bag of apples! -its not always mega expensive if you stick to seasoned fruit and veg)

...instead of spending all the money on cans of coke / crisps / chocloate and other such luxarys she could afford a bag of potatoes instead and make mash instead of frying some chips.

so common your telling me because you dont earn as much as someone else you have a poor diet therefore excusing your fatness??? - i dont earn alot but i sure as am not fat.

anyway another side of my rant is to READ peoples posts properly.. my rant was about the fact i work hard 5 days aweek so people like the case above get to be GREEDY and LAZY (kudos for the guys that actually want a job she dosnt).

so next time you jump in read their post properly.. i simply called her FAT that is it... and il do it again... thats right she is a fatty fat fat and is that way because she dosnt do anything and eats everything at mine and tax payers expense.

so read the post properly and think before you comment / think your trying to educate.

edit on 23-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: wrong link to post - fixed it

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing
anyway il get to my point.. im sick of people jumping on their high horse and thinking they can educate me

But your English teacher was only trying to help!

Anyways....

I think this is very situational. In the United States, junk food is a lot cheaper than healthy food. So yes, being unemployed will cause people to eat the cheap, junky stuff. Trust me.. I work part-time in a grocery store.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrFake

hehe
ranting is not good for spelling or grammar my fingers move and i cant keep up with them lol

yeh its understandable,the only thing i can see which is way more expenisive is "proper" meat. i rarely have it.. i made a beef pie at weekend and that was it.. the rest of the week im on pasta bakes and mircowave meals.

I guess my original point was that im just as poor as these people im not fat but i work

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

Sounds to me that your main point is that this woman you speak of is "lazy". Perhaps overly so, But I digress. Her weight isn't the issue you are painting for me here, So I'm at a loss for why it was mentioned at all.

She sounds like a moocher, bad parent, and a slob. and that's all reason enough if what you say is true.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Junk food is not cheaper, that's just another excuse.

Junk food is NOT cheaper, just easier!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OK, so she's a fat lazy cow who stuffs her gob all day and neglects her kid. There is a sunny side to this: Sooner, rather than later, she will up and have a coronary or a massive stroke, and you will be getting a new neighbor.

It is obvious that you are angry at the inequity of the situation, and she has come to embody all that you despise about people that live off the dole while others work themselves into exhaustion for the same meager result. However, I would wager that she is probably incredibly depressed, not smart enough to change her situation, and her only comfort in life is food.

It is very easy and fashionable to hate on fat people these days, it is a lot harder to have sympathy for them. In defense of her, if TSHTF and there is a severe food supply disruption, she will last a heck of a lot longer than you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would rather not work than be a slave of a system which is inherently corrupt and I do not believe in - I am self employed by the way
Thousands of people walk like you, talk like you - Your Angry and that does not help any especially you.
You blame others for your anger but it is yours.
If you detest your neighbour so much then move - If you really want to know how people end up as victims of the system you support - then get off your high horse and think about it and study.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Inquisitive1

YES!
thank you!

yes my point was nothing to do with her and therefore i got offended and felt the need to add all this so that some people are aware it isnt always the case

thanks!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

im not angry at anything other than people not reading my post properly.. thank you for not reading it too.

if i move there will just be someone else who is the same!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

i dont hate fat people at all i have a few fat friends. i just hate the fact that i mention the word "fat" and got ranted about so i wanted to say it again.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

.... its the fact she got mentioned and someone decided to "educate" me on something they knew nothing about

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am disabled due to heart disease of genetic origin. I receive food assistance that allows me to eat according to my Dr's recomendation 3 weeks of 4 and week 4 we do our best by foraging greens and roots.We are quite poor by American standards but we are not fat.Dietary choices that are unhealthy have no demographic beyond "modern man". The stereotypical Fat, Lazy, On the dole welfare slob is as real as the action hero in a movie. Ya there are some folks who really match the stereotype but the majority go unnoticed because they are y our neighbors who lost a job, the nice old guy who walks his dog, they are YOU and ME. Bottom line is the only thing separating me, disabled and poor, with some of you working and almost middle class is a lack of health care. With it I would still be paying up to 10K a yr in taxes on my former business. The lack of it and the virtually unavailability due to pre-existing condition make me your dependent.
The overweight issue is seen as a monetary or even a welfare issue. To which I ask who is paying to keep all the new baryatric clinics open? Not the poor or those on aid. But the well dressed but morbidly obese middle and upper class.Many of whom I have heard be critical of the "wallmart" crowd for "letting themselves go" In fact when I was doing much better financially we lived in a gated oceanside community in which 75% were wealthy, overweight republican women who would get together and talk about the "problem" with the poor...and how to keep them from the town we lived in. There were a couple Independents and Dems that lived there also. They volunteered at the food share, Just sayin" Fat is as american as war. Nobody want to be known for either but if the shoe fits, even tightly, time to wear it.
APB

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

im also well educated - apart from my english im very clever and i have a degree and believe me the moment the opertunity arrives to get out of this country i will be doing.. im not angry at anyone infact im a very happy person

i got angry today because i mentioned she was "fat" and some other fatty got offended and started ranting about how people with low income tend to be fatter..

all i wanted to say was that i am a low income earner and im not fat. you missed my point.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

We are simply reflecting back what we read in (and into) your post. If you get responses you do not care for, then go back and re-read what YOU wrote. You have educated us, we are mirroring it back. People are alike all over the world, and if you ranted on and on about how much she eats and how fat she is, what do you expect? Don't like being "educated"? Then don't start a thread.

Chill out, friend, or it will be you having the coronary, and she will be getting the new neighbor.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731
Junk food is not cheaper, that's just another excuse.

Junk food is NOT cheaper, just easier!

This article is referring to fast food. When I said "junk food" I meant "food bought at a grocery store that is cheap and not very healthy" i.e. ramen noodles, potato chips, hot dogs, etc. Healthy food, as well as fruits/vegetables are quite expensive.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherHumanBeing

im not angry at anything other than people not reading my post properly.. thank you for not reading it too.

if i move there will just be someone else who is the same!

I correct your statement that I did not read your post for I did because of your insistence that others do not.
However I did not give you response which was to your pleasing. If I simply agreed with you then you only get one side of the situation. The situation obviously bothers you enough to create a thread - So what do you think the solution to your problem is.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrFake

50p for a bag of clementines in morrisons at the moment..

sorry if your american.. might be different there.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

lol sry .. it just really upset me today how by adding one word (fat) in a post can cause up roar on the internet :/
so i have gone all defensive and yeh a bit moody..im normally a very happy person who sees the glass full in everything

sry x

this is a rant section tho
so i am venting a little. haha. but i do feel better
amazing how getting things off your chest helps

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

haha
not to mention the word fat on a forum again? lol ...hey sorry im still in defensive mode lol.

it just annoyed me people started sticking up for her and making excuse as to why she might be fat.. (when i know why she is fat because i see her rubbish in teh garden and i also see her stuffing her face)

the message it gives me is to give up ... have a few kids and do what she does.. least she has more freedom.

but i wont give up on my job just because of that one person.

she dosnt bother me, it was just an example i used in my original reply to how the system is unfair.
EDIT: i guess her rubbish in the fron yard bothers me a little but i think there is rubbish everywhere so long as there is people that dont care.
x

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
hey guys i just want to say thanks

Thx for replying and giving your opinions guys i do really appreciate it ...even if it dosnt agree with me and im sorry for being really defensive and even sounding angry im not an angry person honest!
im a nice person with good intentions.. i really am. thank you! really

as for the larger lady next door.. i really hope she stops neglecting her son and starts to look after herself... who knows she might even clear the crap out the front garden

i have had my rant i feel better. ta
x

top topics

<<   2 >>

join