It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 50% of U.S. on Government Dole

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
zerohedge article

So it seems as though 50% of U.S. households received some kind of government aid. The article goes into typical things bemoaning about how half the people don't pay taxes and such. I love this phrase:

long since indoctrinated to do little but mooch off the welfare state

And I can't help but laugh at people like this. Has anybody who shares this guy's sentiments actually seriously done research on this stuff? Ever actually lived it or gotten to know people who live it?

Maybe instead of bemoaning lazy, brainwashed people, people like this should be horrified that half the population lives in such a state that they even qualify.

Maybe we should be more horrified that if we suddenly took all the welfare away and nobody was "on the county" anymore, the U.S. would apparently start to look like a 3rd world country in a matter of days.

edit on 22-1-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Or. . . . (here's a wacky idea)

Stop relying on government. They (government) have obviously FAILED in any attempt to create jobs and revitalize the economy.

We (the people) should just take care of ourselves. Create industry, new markets, new oppourunities.

To the devil, with the nanny-state and handouts! Isn't it time we showed the government and the rest of the world that we don't NEED handouts to succeed.
We don't NEED government to succeed.
We can do it on our own!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I wish we could stop the madness with giving assistance to people. Some desirve it...MOST DON'T...what gets me mad..is if mommy is on it, she teaches the kids to be on it...some don't...but most do, because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
I wouldn't take anything I haven't earned..so why do they? Something for nothing isn't right.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
50%???? for real? That makes my blood run cold. That scares the heck out of me. Govt. assistance is just barely above subsistence. It really is a plantation, and the house maids are paying the bill?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Point blank: the people who are on this assistance likely need it just to survive a good bit of the time.

You should be more horrified that there are so many people who are poor enough to even qualify, that our country's been so gutted and dumbed down that half the cotton picking population is on the county.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Has any one noticed, There Are No Jobs????? The jobs that are available will find yourself on food stamps and medicaid as they don't pay a livable wage and often times are only part time with no benefits!!!!
edit on 22-1-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by beezzer

Point blank: the people who are on this assistance likely need it just to survive a good bit of the time.

You should be more horrified that there are so many people who are poor enough to even qualify, that our country's been so gutted and dumbed down that half the cotton picking population is on the county.

I am shocked. I am sickened.

But I don't sit on my hands and bemoan the fates either.

We need real solutions, not more trash vomited from the mouths in DC.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh come on now,,,stop talking sense.

yot should know better....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
. They (government) have obviously FAILED in any attempt to create jobs and revitalize the economy.

Or maybe stop electing conservatives who want nothing more than to make
the government fail and look even more inept than it has too...

The economy is a DIRECT result of specific choices, past choices to make this
economy the tool of the richest and most wealthy, the job creators. All those
policies were calculations of man put into government, they made those calculations
when they could have DECIDED to make this economy work for the people who
actually work as opposed to INVEST and push paper, ala GOP and friends...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Glad to see someone in here is still thinking for himself. TV has convinced americans that the poor are bankrupting the country...basically creating class warfare, while the elites pickpocket us as we turn around to poke fun at the poor.

The poor isn't the enemy, it's the fed reserve and their minions. Turn off Fox and CNN and figure things out for yourself...all I see is people repeating the same old one liners that is repeated on TV everyday. Your fed income tax ALL goes to the fed reserve bankers just to pay interest on the money that you owe them for printing the money. How the heck does that farce compare to some people on welfare????

Wake up!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Has any one noticed, There Are No Jobs????? The jobs that are available will find yourself on food stamps and medicaid as they don't pay a livable wage and often times are only part time with no benefits!!!!

So get 2 or 3 if you have to...15-20 hours a week at each one...I know there are places all over where I've been..that want people for part time work...if i wasn't working full time and taking overtime...I would have a second job....Most people are justto lazy to work...cuz the government gives them eveything they need, while people what don't qualify for it are hurting worse than the ones on it...explain that one to me PLEASE.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Don't worry!

No-onewill be on the US dole, once the US goes bust under Obammy.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog

Originally posted by LDragonFire

So get 2 or 3 if you have to...15-20 hours a week at each one...I know there are places all over where I've been..that want people for part time work...if i wasn't working full time and taking overtime...I would have a second job....Most people are justto lazy to work...cuz the government gives them eveything they need, while people what don't qualify for it are hurting worse than the ones on it...explain that one to me PLEASE.

Why don't you explain to me how this same republican attitude prevails when red states receive the most in federal government assistance for welfare??

This is what America has become!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Most places that I hear about, they don't give you a set schedule. You just kind of come in willy-nilly whenever they want you to. Makes it kind of hard to get a second job when you don't even know what hours you're available.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Here they need pizza delivery drivers, shelf stockers, basic laborers...they have a sched. and many have spots for the am, and then other places hire for the pm. I know this because I just helped a high school kid get a job and we put in 7 applications and were called back on 6 of them. They were all around 8-12 dollars an hour. The jobs are out there and you can be day time/ or night time hours...now the hours might very say 5am to 1pm...or say 2pm to 10pm...they might ask to come in early or stay a little late.

Work 1 job mon, wed, fri. the 2nd on tues. thur? a lot of places wil do that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Since you're bringing partisan politics into this, might I add this to the discussion?

The methodology is known as the Cloward-Piven Strategy, and we can all be grateful to David Horowitz and his Discover the Networks for originally exposing and explaining it to us. He describes it as:

The strategy of forcing political change through orchestrated crisis. The "Cloward-Piven Strategy" seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.

www.americanthinker.com...

Obama WANTS this to happen.

And it's working.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Inspired by the August 1965 riots in the black district of Watts in Los Angeles (which erupted after police had used batons to subdue a black man suspected of drunk driving), Cloward and Piven published an article titled “The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty” in the May 2, 1966 issue of The Nation. Following its publication, The Nation sold an unprecedented 30,000 reprints. Activists were abuzz over the so-called “crisis strategy” or “Cloward-Piven Strategy,” as it came to be called. Many were eager to put it into effect.

In their 1966 article, Cloward and Piven charged that the ruling classes used welfare to weaken the poor; that by providing a social safety net, the rich doused the fires of rebellion. Poor people can advance only when “the rest of society is afraid of them,” Cloward told The New York Times on September 27, 1970. Rather than placating the poor with government hand-outs, wrote Cloward and Piven, activists should work to sabotage and destroy the welfare system; the collapse of the welfare state would ignite a political and financial crisis that would rock the nation; poor people would rise in revolt; only then would “the rest of society” accept their demands.

Puzzled by Obama’s Missteps? Read the Cloward-Piven Strategy

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obama is a puppet and the poor are scapegoats...ask yourself, "Who's pulling the strings?"

Until then, your just wasting your breath.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thank you, sir.

As I said, (with your help) this is planned. The current administration wants more people on the dole. Until their weight crushes the entire welfare system and has to be "rebuilt".

And I wonder how they'd do that. . . . . . . . .

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Or. . . . (here's a wacky idea)

Stop relying on government. They (government) have obviously FAILED in any attempt to create jobs and revitalize the economy.

We (the people) should just take care of ourselves. Create industry, new markets, new oppourunities.

To the devil, with the nanny-state and handouts! Isn't it time we showed the government and the rest of the world that we don't NEED handouts to succeed.
We don't NEED government to succeed.
We can do it on our own!!!!

Tell that to your owners. You are, I am we are ,nothing more then a stock being trade by the Banksters

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join