It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 50% of U.S. on Government Dole

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
reply to post by beezzer

Obama is a puppet and the poor are scapegoats...ask yourself, "Who's pulling the strings?"

Until then, your just wasting your breath.

I get so tired of the "puppet" defense.

Especially when people say, "It's Bush's fault" then "Obama is a puppet".

Until someone can actually show me proof that Obama is just a puppet, then I will cry foul each and every time it is stated.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Tell that to your owners. You are, I am we are ,nothing more then a stock being trade by the Banksters

You're only a slave if that's what you want. The chains are entirely vouluntary.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, whatever helps you sleep at night. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Well, whatever helps you sleep at night. Cheers.

Scotch mainly.

A nice warm cup of truth as well.

(but mostly scotch)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by mastahunta

Since you're bringing partisan politics into this, might I add this to the discussion?

The methodology is known as the Cloward-Piven Strategy, and we can all be grateful to David Horowitz and his Discover the Networks for originally exposing and explaining it to us. He describes it as:

The strategy of forcing political change through orchestrated crisis. The "Cloward-Piven Strategy" seeks to hasten the fall of capitalism by overloading the government bureaucracy with a flood of impossible demands, thus pushing society into crisis and economic collapse.

www.americanthinker.com...

Obama WANTS this to happen.

And it's working.

That's bull, people who are not anti government do not benefit by making the government
appear inept or useless, that is the hang. Conservatives DO benefit by making government
look inept because it furthers the narrative they foster and preach. The Cloward Piven
Strategy is a talking point which originated on FOX news, specifically, the Glenn Beck
show. "The fall of capitalism", is a contrived narrative to rally Tea Party members back
to the voting booth in 2010.

Further more unless this Obama was able to orchestrate this crisis in 2008 before he was
elected, I am not sure what planet you are relating to.

When the next elections come around all these fake ass stories are not going to move
or sway the rational portion of the population who are not plugged into GOP talking points.

The GOPiven strategy is to screw up the economy, with the government, blame government
and pretend that their actions had nothing to do with the results

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Tell that to your owners. You are, I am we are ,nothing more then a stock being trade by the Banksters

You're only a slave if that's what you want. The chains are entirely vouluntary.

Thats true

Its either choosing to be close to your loved ones, or be and live solitary of the grid.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Scotch, really?! I simply love the stuff. However, I don't believe you like the truth though. Bush, Obama and every other face you see on TV are puppets. You will never see a Rockefeller, Rothschild or Carnegie as president. You'll never see a politician CNN or Fox even speak thier name in a negative light.

It may be emotionally gratfying to have a public face as your boogeyman, but it's only a small part of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

The government is spending more on war than all 50 states combined spend on health,education,welfare and safety.
by John W. Whitehead

“Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes… known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”—James Madison

America’s troops may be returning home from Iraq, but contrary to President Obama’s assertion that “the tide of war is receding,” we’re far from done paying the costs of war. In fact, at the same time that Obama is reducing the number of troops in Iraq, he’s replacing them with military contractors at far greater expense to the taxpayer and redeploying American troops to other parts of the globe, including Africa, Australia and Israel. In this way, the war on terror is privatized, the American economy is bled dry, and the military-security industrial complex makes a killing—literally and figuratively speaking.

The war effort in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan has already cost taxpayers more than $2 trillion and could go as high as $4.4 trillion before it’s all over. At least $31 billion (and as much as $60 billion or more) of that $2 trillion was lost to waste and fraud by military contractors, who do everything from janitorial and food service work to construction, security and intelligence—jobs that used to be handled by the military. That translates to a loss of $12 million a day since the U.S. first invaded Afghanistan. To put it another way, the government is spending more on war than all 50 states combined spend on health, education, welfare, and safety.

njtoday.net...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Scotch, really?! I simply love the stuff. However, I don't believe you like the truth though. Bush, Obama and every other face you see on TV are puppets. You will never see a Rockefeller, Rothschild or Carnegie as president. You'll never see a politician CNN or Fox even speak thier name in a negative light.

It may be emotionally gratfying to have a public face as your boogeyman, but it's only a small part of it.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
Just mostly everything.

Obama is in charge, he gets the blame. Was Bush culpable? Absolutely! But Obama is sitting in the big chair, making the big chair decisions.

He gets the blame.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

You should read more carefully.

Cloward-Piven came about in the 60's.

Just because people are recognising it, doesn't invalidate it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I personally hope that more than 50% of the US goes on subsistence because then maybe just maybe, the upper echelon super rich might have to pay taxes instead of the poor, working two to three jobs Middle class to pay taxes.
We also forget the biggest Welfare recipients..... Drum Roll Please..... Corporate Welfare i.e. Banks who were bailed out who sucked the payback out of their customers with 28% upwards in interest charges.

Since there are no jobs .... good on them. Sit home. They make more money that way.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yurichan

Who finances these wars?......The bankers.....Who do we have to pay that money back to with interest?....The bankers.

Who gets even richer with every war fought?......You guessed it, the bankers.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't know a single person doing "well" right now that hasn't inherited the money. Everyone...everyone I know is on food stamps, and going hungry sometimes to feed the kids. I have "Camped Out" in food stamp lines at 5-6AM in November a few years ago that already had a line full of people because they could only see so many people a day, with a newborn in tow. I was working, STILL below the poverty line!!!

I would NEVER teach my child to depend on the government. However, I will teach him to survive, and sometimes in order to do that you have to accept assistance where you can get it.

It's sad all around me. We can't get far enough ahead to lift ourselves out of this. One by one friends with children are moving in with their parents. The running conversation all around has turned into "We managed by a miracle this month, but what are we going to do next month? What if someone gets sick? What if the car breaks?" its a constant state of panic.

I don't remember the last time I held paper money in my hand. I get paid, pay the bills online (which are usually late already) buy groceries with the card and it's just gone.

It's really something when you go to the Dr. and he says "I know you can't afford what you really need, but here is something affordable that will work". Lordy lordy.

/end rant

Yeah, OP, it's true. S+F

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Obama is in charge, he gets the blame. Was Bush culpable? Absolutely! But Obama is sitting in the big chair, making the big chair decisions.

He gets the blame.

So what, Obama gets the blame.

Does that mean he wont get his dessert after supper, have to go to bed early?

Blame.

Why is that important? Its not going to help hurting Americans.

And the cycle continues, the US loses more of the middle class, benefits will prob be lower as the poverty level wont keep up with inflation. And the Defense budget will increase 15% , because behind every Magnolia , every Yellow Rose, is a terrorist who will kill us for our Nikes.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

It doesn't take much to live in such conditions. Live in a broken family with lots of children whilst working a low wage job because you have no skill.

Yeah. That's half the US population. Most of which are children, hence the number being so high.

Are all people living off the State on purpose or due to their own actions? No. But most are.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Cut them off at the knees and let Darwinism take over.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The problem is when you try to pull yourself up by your bootstraps the govt is right there with their hand out. If you have a small biz..the govt want 50% of it. We have to save out 40% for feds and to be safe 10 % for state...we have to deal with sales tax..

Trust me when I say this----YOU DO NOT want to get tangled up with the IRS..been there done that..personally, I felt like I had the mob on my back. It is very stressful...I would have rather walked away missing an arm or something..they were an absolute hell to deal with.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The problem is that the government is trying to solve problems that they created.
By giving "aid" or "handouts" whatever name sticks.

A good benefit to any type of welfare or assistance would be, in my opinion, to work for it.
Not just sit around the house, generation after generation and feel entitled to it.

But, there is no real solution to the problem, seeing as the gov't created it.
Just like every other gov't program has failed or ruined things.
People should be dependent on themselves, not the gov't.
No matter how hard life comes at you, we should push back harder.
Not let the handy-dandy government handle our problems.

But, as some previous posters have mentioned...it seems to be a devious plan.
I just don't understand where the money will come from once all the jobs are gone.
The revenue stops, eventually, if there is no way to produce it.

Maybe that's when the tide will turn.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Really doubt you know all these 'lazy people'. Most of them would gladly take a job if they could get one. That was proved when Ford announced it was hiring in Chicago, don't believe me? just go watch the video on here. MOST people want to work and earn they're wage, but the rich have taken the opportunity from from them.But you know the funny part?The rich cut they're own stupid throats doing it. Why? Cause most people can't afford to buy any real amount of groceries now. Do you think they will go out and by luxuries? The cost of living has been going up for years and companies had no desire to increase people's cost of living to match it. So by the time the stock market upchucked this last time, people were already living paycheck to paycheck. It makes people feel smug that they can point a finger at others and say to themselves ,ha ha ha look at those fools, they can't make do for themselves'. But the bottom line is big business with the help of our gov. is the ones that have caused this whole mess.The previous generation knew what big business was like, and fought hard to have they're union benefits. In some cases they died over it even. But they're spoiled children didn't learn the parents lesson and so now we have to pay.We bought cheaply, Bought China's goods, listen to the nonsense big business was feeding us about how bad unions were and everything would be oh so much better once they were gone. Um, does it feel like its better to you? And all the rhetoric about unions were raising the prices due to the members benefits,,yeah get real. These same companies do business in Europe and guess what? They all have unions there for everything.What the real problem is , is that big business doesnt want to have to pay for safety, you know like osha..Thats why they go to 3rd world countries to open up plants, so they don't have worry about keeping people safe anymore. I could go on and on but I'll leave like this, stop pointing fingers at others. You don't know what has gone on to cause them to be in the situation that they are in now.We are all just trying to get by.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Dimithae because: corrected a word

edit on 23-1-2012 by Dimithae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

You mention some don't "deserve" it. Could you name a few of those people and tell us why, based on your examination of their life they don't "deserve" it? Maybe leave names out, but just describe their lives. Often folks make blanket statements like 'they aren't entitled" and yet the they are not people per se, but concepts of people that have been put forth by TV people who are paid to marginalize some portion of the population. A poster on this site posted a rant on people getting unemployment benefits and they were all lazy people who didn't deserve it. I pointed out that unemployment is insurance paid for by the recipient and, as such, they were not only entitled to it, but MUST take it as they paid for it. The OP didn't know this was the case but perpetuated a myth put for by the PR companies employed by the unemployment insurance folks who didn't want to pay out the insurance money the owed.

It is clear to me that you have dealt with lots of folks getting some form of government assistance. It would be very helpful if you gave a detailed description to the rest on the thread about what this situation is like and why those who don't "deserve" it are screwing the system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join